CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Help My WeatherBug is all messed Up..

I just got my replacement Storm yesterday. I tried to re load Weatherbug from app world and that went fine. Now when I tried to start it its asking for an activation code. Is the license code the same thing? I put the license code in and it wont activate says wrong number or something like that. anyone know?
    HTC EVO
    Epic
    Verizon IPhone4
    CrackBerry Newbie

My understanding is that the activation code is tied to the devices PIN number, you could try contacting the app maker to see if you could get a new activation code for the new/swapped device. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    8830 World Edition == Retired.
    9550 Running .428 smoothly.
    CrackBerry User

I believe all those apps run the license attached to your pin number. If you changed devices you probably need to register that phone with your account. It should give you a new license number that will match up to your pin.

Bob
    Blackberry Storm 2 .428/436 Hybrid from OOAK. Very nice so far
    CrackBerry Abuser

Since the license code is tied to your old BB PIN (I am going on the assumption it is the same thing as the activation code), you would have to retrieve your new activation code.

I have only ever purchased something on App World once, but if I remember correctly, you should go to MyWorld and click on teh Weatherbug program, which "should" list your updated code for your device...

I can't say that with certainty, so if anyone can back me up/correct me, please do so.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman09 View Post
    Since the license code is tied to your old BB PIN (I am going on the assumption it is the same thing as the activation code), you would have to retrieve your new activation code.

I have only ever purchased something on App World once, but if I remember correctly, you should go to MyWorld and click on teh Weatherbug program, which "should" list your updated code for your device...

I can't say that with certainty, so if anyone can back me up/correct me, please do so.
    See thats the problem the code app world is giving me is the original one that the old phone had it didn't issue a new code. I sent Weatherbug an e mail I will report back with what they say. I gave them the old code too.
    HTC EVO
    Epic
    Verizon IPhone4
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bettermost View Post
    See thats the problem the code app world is giving me is the original one that the old phone had it didn't issue a new code. I sent Weatherbug an e mail I will report back with what they say. I gave them the old code too.
    Yea, that would be the next best step. Hopefully you get a quick response!