Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry Fourth replacement for busted speaker!

Has anybody ever heard of a certain ringback tone constantly blowing an earpiece speaker? I'm on my fourth storm2 and I keep the volume set at either 50 or 75%. But I noticed Monday when I called my wife her ringback tone started to distort. Since then it has gotten worse and worse. I call her about 90% of the time.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,830 Global Posts

Thi smay have nothing to do with your situation, but there have been a thread or two about guys that are metal fabricators and work around tiny shavings of metal that gets drawn into the phone to the magnet on the speaker. The shavings then vibrate making it sound distorted, like the speaker is blown.
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry Genius

I had the main speaker in one of my replacements blow after just 3 days.
    HTC EVO
    Epic
    Verizon IPhone4
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,830 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bettermost View Post
    I had the main speaker in one of my replacements blow after just 3 days.
    I'm not saying that a speaker can't blow, but 4 Storms having a blown speaker in the short time that the S2 has been out is some sort of user specific problem.
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

If your hearing the ringback tone and it sounds distorted you need to turn your volume down more. Its more than likely not a blown speaker but more like poor quality on the ringback tone side. My girlfriend has 3 different ringback tones that rotate depending on the day and only one sounds like the speaker is blown.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I have had 2 due to blown speaker. I find it odd because I almost always have it set to the lowest volume. Never called anyone with a ringback tone, so its not just a music issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and you shall receive

Not sure if this is exactly the same but I use my Storm as my primary mp3 player and the head phone jack has issues. Unless I hold the plug in I usually just get sound out of one earphone. I tested it with three pairs of buds before I realized it wa the phones audio jack and not my buds. I got the phone new two months ago and am afraid ill get a refurb with a worse problem if I return it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

take some canned air and blow through the ear piece on the phone. you probably just have some junk in there that vibrates when the speaker makes sound. i've found that if you cut a small piece of electrical tape and roll it backwards where the sticky side is out all over it and cut it to the lengh of the slot on top of the phone and then push it in there that it catches a lot of debris that would otherwise go straight to your speaker.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyThai View Post
    Not sure if this is exactly the same but I use my Storm as my primary mp3 player and the head phone jack has issues. Unless I hold the plug in I usually just get sound out of one earphone. I tested it with three pairs of buds before I realized it wa the phones audio jack and not my buds. I got the phone new two months ago and am afraid ill get a refurb with a worse problem if I return it.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm on my 3rd phone. The second one had a defective audio jack plus a distorted earpiece. Verizon replaced it under warranty.

CrackBerry Abuser

Here's a post of mine from a previous thread. I had the same problem and so have many others.

Quote Originally Posted by 01Ranger View Post
    BAM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/he...torted-364882/

There is a potential fix in this thread..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ca...uality-411462/

It is the speaker in the phone itself.