CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Extended Battery for Storm 2?

I was wondering if anybody has heard anything about an extended battery for the new Storm, or even the Storm 1 for that matter? With Wi-Fi and web browsing it will suck up the battery. Everybody talks about THIN and LIGHT, but I would like to see an extended battery and something to hold on to that I can get a good grip on! I have big hands and my Pearl (the only BB that Verizon offered other than the WE when I got mine) feels like a toy. My NE2 kicked in July 22nd, but I am holding off for the Storm 2 - I sure hope it comes out soon!
    Cory
    VZW 9550 OOAKDPC .743/.713
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    ning chicks to walls since 1993!

I'm sure as we get closer to the phone's release date, we'll start to see something. Not yet, though, as the various extended battery companies probably don't have the phone in their hands yet.
    Scan the barcode for my Droid's PIN number. I recommend "Bar Code Scanner" since it seems to work real well.

How do I Google something?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cdaiscool View Post
    I'm sure as we get closer to the phone's release date, we'll start to see something. Not yet, though, as the various extended battery companies probably don't have the phone in their hands yet.
    They never came out with one for the Storm; I sure hope they consider one for the S2.
    Cory
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    ning chicks to walls since 1993!

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    They never came out with one for the Storm; I sure hope they consider one for the S2.
    Weird. Probably because of the way the button worked - the door got more pressure with business cards, and the click worked better. Nobody probably wanted to mess up the button and push it out more.

With the Piezo technology, however, that won't be an issue.
    Scan the barcode for my Droid's PIN number. I recommend "Bar Code Scanner" since it seems to work real well.

How do I Google something?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    PIN
    304BE829

there has been extended batteries out for awhile this the leading manufacture for extended batteries

Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery
    For use with BlackBerry Storm 9530

Innocell 1600mAh Extended Life Battery
    For use with BlackBerry Storm 9530/Curve 8900/Tour 9630

seidioonline.com
    ..................Motorola Droid 2.0 no Bis problems here........
    http://twitter.com/moosc
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    there has been extended batteries out for awhile this the leading manufacture for extended batteries

Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery
    For use with BlackBerry Storm 9530

Innocell 1600mAh Extended Life Battery
    For use with BlackBerry Storm 9530/Curve 8900/Tour 9630

seidioonline.com
    I have never seen them advertised...so you can get an extended battery & new back for the Storm 1? I've seen lots of complaints about battery life but never anybody talk about the extended battery. That gives me hope there will be one for the Storm 2 then.
    Cory
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    306F0656

yes, i have one for my s1 for when i actually use it....
    CrackBerry User

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    PIN
    304BE829

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I have never seen them advertised...so you can get an extended battery & new back for the Storm 1? I've seen lots of complaints about battery life but never anybody talk about the extended battery. That gives me hope there will be one for the Storm 2 then.
    There have been plenty of talk about these batteries just not recently. I'd would search out a few threads for u but I'm mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I don't think RIM ever released Extended Battery's for any of their models. You might try some 3rd party vendors like Seido. I hope they do plan on releasing some.
    Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
    CrackBerry Newbie

Now that the Storm2 has been released, has anyone tried one of those extended batteries advertised on eBay? I see there is a 2600mah one and also a 2800mah one. I would tend to go for the 2800, as I also use my Storm2 for geocaching, and the GPS seems to take up alot of battery power. I've bought 3rd party batteries on ebay before, however my concern with this one is the extended battery cover as it's hard to tell if it will fit properly (especially if they are just sellign the one that was designed for the Storm1, since the fit would not be the same). Any feedback from Storm2 users would be appreciated! Thanks!!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Scan It

Glad you dug up this post. I was just asking about an extended life battery for the S2. Perfect example of why I need one is that, according to MeterBerry, my phone came off the charger at 100% last night at 11pm. 10 hours later (yes, I overslept) with no use (just sitting on my night table), it was down to 70%. WiFi and Bluetooth were both off, as was GPS (911 only.) Weird.

Anyway, I haven't seen the ones on ebay and am a bit gun shy about going that route. I'd rather see something from Innocell or the like. Also, I sort of need the battery to be the same size as the OEM one, since I have $30 invested in a case/holster that I'd rather not throw in a drawer, spending another $30 to find one that can handle the new door. If anyone knows of a good alternative feel free to PM or BBM me. BTW, I'm familiar with the 1600mAh that's the same size as the OEM batt. If you have used this batt and could let us know quantitatively what sort of improvement over the OEM batt you've experienced I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    Always Handy:Storm2 Tips & Tricks >|< Learn It, Live It, Love It: Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures
    Need Memory? Click Here: Increase Your Memory!
    The 11/3 Project!All the flawed logic of a raving madman... with jokes! >|< Best Themes Around: *RJ Design*