CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Don't Upgrade to New iHeartradio

I was notified by App World to upgrade to the new iHeartradio (v2.3.1.1) from v2.3, so I went ahead and installed it. I now wish I hadn't. After downloading the update and trying to run it, I get an error message saying this version is not compatible with the Storm and prompts me to download the Storm version from their website. This takes me online to download v2.2 which is the version that had all the problems a few months ago. I then went straight to the iHeartradio site on my BB to get v2.3. Unfortunately, that gives me the same error as the upgrade and wants to take me back to v2.2.

So now, I'm left without a working version of iHeartradio for seemingly no reason at all. I would love it if anyone could be of any help with getting the working version back on my Storm2.

Cheers
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

I can vouch for this...same thing happened to me. It makes me wonder sometimes if they even test these updates before they release them. And it's even worse that their Twitter account said this update was supposed to fix crashes on the Storm2.

Oh well, Pandora still works...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Same thing happened to me guys!

There I was thinking that possibly iheart was trying to step up their game and trying to make improvements and increase their creditability with us and I download this new version then prompts me to the older version of 2.2 NOT the previous version of I think 2.3 which was working for the most part with minor glitches but worked for the most part! I really like having iheart on my BB Storm 2 but damn! Can't they just leave something well enough alone if it's working!?!?

Now, does anyone know a way to download the WORKING previous version of 2.3? I looked a little with no luck.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey guys I had the same problem on my storm 9530 went to iheartradio.com using the blackberry browser (opera mini doesn't work for this) clicked on the link to download the free app version 2.3 (I didn't have enough room so I had to delete the other iheart) it installed and now its working fine like before. Good luck to the rest of you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

same problem here. had to revert back to the previous version.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Try deleting the old version, restarting your phone, then update to the new version
    Current OS: 5.0.0.1082

Don't hurt me, i'm just a n00b
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch0 View Post
    Try deleting the old version, restarting your phone, then update to the new version
    In my case, the program itself complained it wasn't Storm-compatible and mentioned it needed to revert to the earlier version.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

When I updated, selected my station, my phone shuts down and reboots. I've tried on 2 separate occasions to try the new one and it just doesn't work on my Storm2 running 5.0.0.713. I re-downloaded the old one and will happily use it until....?
    CrackBerry User

anyone have download link of the working old one?
    CrackBerry User

found it:
    TinyURL.com/2v9m5f4

Enjoy
    CrackBerry User

Sadly I too upgraded this app prematurely and now it doesn't work. The prev vers. Worked flawlessly on my Sprint Curve 8530--after upgrading, now its a dead app!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics8 View Post
    found it:
    TinyURL.com/2v9m5f4

Enjoy
    Thanks very much I followed link with my 9650 dowloaded it and it works now. Sweet.
    CrackBerry User

Default Now version 2.3 (not just 2.3.1+) not working

Suddenly, today after running perfectly for weeks, Iheartradio, version 2.3, quit working with my Storm 2, .713 OS. It will freeze the device, or cause an immediate reboot.
    I never did install 2.3.1 because of warnings from fellow posters.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips?
    Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Rngadng View Post
    Suddenly, today after running perfectly for weeks, Iheartradio, version 2.3, quit working with my Storm 2, .713 OS. It will freeze the device, or cause an immediate reboot.
    I never did install 2.3.1 because of warnings from fellow posters.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips?
    Thanks
    It happens to me all the time, which is the reason i quit using it and went back to pandora. Haven't been able to find a fix, i'm waiting on a new version to come out.
    Storm Versions: 4.7.0.148 --> 5.0.0.328 --> 5.0.0.419

Storm 2 Versions: 5.0.0.320 --> 5.0.0.607 --> 5.0.0.713