Damn everybody seems disappointed in the S2...
10-29-09 09:28 AM
- well im reading all these reviews and all these people on CB talking about the S2 and saying that the screen isnt really that good, and this doesnt work like you think it does and that wasnt like you though it was gonna be and so on...
but i kinda have a problem, im reconsidering buying this phone now but i already sold my storm 1 and im using a POS razor right now and i dont even have a charger for it! dumb verizon gave me the phone with the charger.. im like WTF!? lol
anyways i cant stand this cheap DUMB phone anymore so i think im just gonna go buy the S2 anyway and if the droid is better ill return it within the 30 days of today...10-28-09 12:01 PM
- I think its a huge upgrade. but then again i only had the storm 1 for a month....
I dont know how you all put up with the halfass working click on the outside of screen.
I could see people being so used to the S1 screen that the S2 just feels wierd
Last edited by wytmyk420; 10-28-09 at 01:06 PM.10-28-09 12:06 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-28-09 12:08 PM
- Got mine a few hours ago and I am very happy. I don't know what people expected but I was realistic.
Love the screen, so far anyway.
Love the memory. Comes with 120megs free but I deleted some of the preloaded BS and had 124 in a few mins.
Wifi is cool.
Go play with one and see for yourself. It is still a storm though.10-28-09 12:11 PM
- im with telus in canada and the storm 2 is not out yet but i seem to be reading alot of bad reviews about it so im starting to wonder now lol the bold 9700 will be out next few weeks maby even next thursday when the new network goes online so im stuck between the storm 2 and bold 9700.
what should i do i wonder???10-28-09 12:14 PM
- Just got back from verizon and I can say I'm not impressed. If the storm2 was your new girlfriend, it'd be like your old girlfriend just with more makeup on. Screen click was more uniform throughout but felt mushy and also seemed deeper and not as satisfying as the original. I tried 2 displays and the manager let me hold his and all had the same mushy feeling. It did feel a little better in the hand though and it was nice not feeling the stiffness of the screen trying to rebound if you were hitting 2 keys while typing. Wifi would be handy for when I go home since service isn't the best there, but for me, it isn't worth the upgrade.
Overall, it's a decent phone but I don't feel that it's worth the upgrade if you have a working storm running Verizon's official .328. Is it worth $179 or less on a 2yr contract? probably. But I think the storm for 49 or free is a better deal for the average user. If you're due for an upgrade and don't already have a working storm or you have a dumbphone and are looking to upgrade, go for the Storm2. If you have a working storm or are looking for a good deal, get the original.10-28-09 12:16 PM
- I agree with you PJnc284.....not that great for those that have working Storm 1's with the new 5.0 OS......too bad, and unfortunately really opens the door to checking out the Droid next week for me and many others that would have stayed with Blackberry.....although if it's not that much better than my S1, I'll probably just keep my S1. Peace...10-28-09 12:32 PM
- Not dissapointed at all. Everything is faster and more responsive. Don't think I will have to worry about memory droping into the teens and single digits anymore (at least not for several days, or weeks . Build quality better and WiFi is a bonus. Still going to check out that Droid though and from the looks of it, it will drop well within my 30 day satisfaction guarantee!10-28-09 12:33 PM
- well i sold my storm for 200$ unlocked on ebay so im actually making 20$ and getting the storm2 so its a no brainer for me to just go buy the new one which i wanted since day 1 of seeing the phone...
and i dont mind paying the $35 restocking fee if i do decide to get the android in the next couple of weeks..10-28-09 12:36 PM
- so what most of are saying is you agree with verizons decision to push the Droid. They know about the phone, if it was stellar, they'd be hawkin in.
I just stopped in the Verizon store in paramus NJ to check it out. They did not have the live demo phone, but according to the sale rep it didn't make a difference with the small amount of people who came in.
Last edited by fastharry; 10-28-09 at 12:40 PM.10-28-09 12:38 PM
- 10-28-09 12:44 PM
Droid, here I come.10-28-09 12:52 PM
- I had an s1 for a couple of weeks after release before I had to return it...I just couldn't handle the slowness, using a bold now.
Stopped by the VZW store a few minutes ago and played with the S2. I am not disappointed. The phone was much more responsive than the S1 (pre-new os) and the phone overall feels like a really solid piece of hardware. I really like it, but not enough to pay a cancellation fee with AT&T (which was my original plan).10-28-09 01:01 PM
- I guess you could claim this and that all you want, but they don't have to replace your S1 with S2 just because the newer model is better? It should be better, and again if I didn't have the new OS on my S1, I would have definitely plopped down money today for an S2. Seems like Verizon and RIM's loss to me....and Droids gain.....peace...10-28-09 01:03 PM
- I think its amazing, I can type at lighting speed, almost as fast as I can type on my computer keyboard. Very accurate.
This device rocks, and I cant wait to try out the wifi! At least I will be able to download mp3s at home or at hotspots! before I kept getting an error stating file to large, no more too large!
yahoo! storm 2 rocks!10-28-09 01:07 PM
- I went and played with a storm2 today at a verizon store. Yes it was "better" than the storm1 in terms of speed and typing but it was essentially the same device. I have to admit I wasn't that impressed. There was nothing that screamed "Your storm1 is a piece of **** BUY ME NOW!!!" I'm gonna see what DROID has to offer.10-28-09 01:10 PM
- 10-28-09 01:11 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Storm2
Damn everybody seems disappointed in the S2...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD