Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Damn everybody seems disappointed in the S2...

well im reading all these reviews and all these people on CB talking about the S2 and saying that the screen isnt really that good, and this doesnt work like you think it does and that wasnt like you though it was gonna be and so on...

but i kinda have a problem, im reconsidering buying this phone now but i already sold my storm 1 and im using a POS razor right now and i dont even have a charger for it! dumb verizon gave me the phone with the charger.. im like WTF!? lol

anyways i cant stand this cheap DUMB phone anymore so i think im just gonna go buy the S2 anyway and if the droid is better ill return it within the 30 days of today...
    http://www.youtube.com/sxrider821
    View My Videos Please, Click The Ads
    Motorola Droid Verizon
    Time For A Change
    CrackBerry Abuser

I like it...but thats just me :|
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,321 Global Posts

I have to wonder if people ever try before they buy anymore. I mean, throwing money at something is one thing, but at least make an educated decision before buying something right?
    Electrostatic Safety Tips

My other personality just left me for a more stable individual.
    CrackBerry User

I think its a huge upgrade. but then again i only had the storm 1 for a month....

I dont know how you all put up with the halfass working click on the outside of screen.

I could see people being so used to the S1 screen that the S2 just feels wierd
    Last edited by wytmyk420; 10-28-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    3100B153 <---- ADD

Quote Originally Posted by wytmyk420 View Post
    I think its a huge upgrade. but then again i only had the storm 1 for a year...

I dont know how you all put up with the halfass working click on the outside of screen.

Agreed^^^^^^^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,216 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD765E

Got mine a few hours ago and I am very happy. I don't know what people expected but I was realistic.
    Love the screen, so far anyway.
    Love the memory. Comes with 120megs free but I deleted some of the preloaded BS and had 124 in a few mins.
    Wifi is cool.

Go play with one and see for yourself. It is still a storm though.
    Running .607 Like a boss!
    CrackBerry User

played with my wifes storm and liked it enough to claim it, now I will get the new one storm 2 ........ it's the price she pays for not being computer literate...........<g>
    RickCox

Is this a phone also??????? How good can this get?
    CrackBerry User

Just got mine, and love it so far.
    Takes some getting use too if you haven't used the original Storm (which I haven't), but it's great!
    CrackBerry Abuser

im with telus in canada and the storm 2 is not out yet but i seem to be reading alot of bad reviews about it so im starting to wonder now lol the bold 9700 will be out next few weeks maby even next thursday when the new network goes online so im stuck between the storm 2 and bold 9700.
    what should i do i wonder???
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    2,639 Global Posts

Just got back from verizon and I can say I'm not impressed. If the storm2 was your new girlfriend, it'd be like your old girlfriend just with more makeup on. Screen click was more uniform throughout but felt mushy and also seemed deeper and not as satisfying as the original. I tried 2 displays and the manager let me hold his and all had the same mushy feeling. It did feel a little better in the hand though and it was nice not feeling the stiffness of the screen trying to rebound if you were hitting 2 keys while typing. Wifi would be handy for when I go home since service isn't the best there, but for me, it isn't worth the upgrade.

Overall, it's a decent phone but I don't feel that it's worth the upgrade if you have a working storm running Verizon's official .328. Is it worth $179 or less on a 2yr contract? probably. But I think the storm for 49 or free is a better deal for the average user. If you're due for an upgrade and don't already have a working storm or you have a dumbphone and are looking to upgrade, go for the Storm2. If you have a working storm or are looking for a good deal, get the original.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I agree with you PJnc284.....not that great for those that have working Storm 1's with the new 5.0 OS......too bad, and unfortunately really opens the door to checking out the Droid next week for me and many others that would have stayed with Blackberry.....although if it's not that much better than my S1, I'll probably just keep my S1. Peace...
    CrackBerry Addict

Not dissapointed at all. Everything is faster and more responsive. Don't think I will have to worry about memory droping into the teens and single digits anymore (at least not for several days, or weeks . Build quality better and WiFi is a bonus. Still going to check out that Droid though and from the looks of it, it will drop well within my 30 day satisfaction guarantee!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

well i sold my storm for 200$ unlocked on ebay so im actually making 20$ and getting the storm2 so its a no brainer for me to just go buy the new one which i wanted since day 1 of seeing the phone...

and i dont mind paying the $35 restocking fee if i do decide to get the android in the next couple of weeks..
    http://www.youtube.com/sxrider821
    View My Videos Please, Click The Ads
    Motorola Droid Verizon
    Time For A Change
    CrackBerry Abuser

so what most of are saying is you agree with verizons decision to push the Droid. They know about the phone, if it was stellar, they'd be hawkin in.

I just stopped in the Verizon store in paramus NJ to check it out. They did not have the live demo phone, but according to the sale rep it didn't make a difference with the small amount of people who came in.
    Last edited by fastharry; 10-28-2009 at 12:40 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Absolutely....and maybe it was a bad decision for Verizon/RIM to release the S1 update before the release of the S2. Although I appreciate it, because it will probably end up saving me some $!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by gavin77 View Post
    Absolutely....and maybe it was a bad decision for Verizon/RIM to release the S1 update before the release of the S2. Although I appreciate it, because it will probably end up saving me some $!!
    No it was a good idea because now you can't claim that the Storm 1 OS sucks and try to get the Storm 2 as a free replacement. Genius on their part.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gavin77 View Post
    I couldn't agree with this statement more. I am not going to get the S2 after seeing how 5.0 runs on the Storm.

Droid, here I come.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I had an s1 for a couple of weeks after release before I had to return it...I just couldn't handle the slowness, using a bold now.

Stopped by the VZW store a few minutes ago and played with the S2. I am not disappointed. The phone was much more responsive than the S1 (pre-new os) and the phone overall feels like a really solid piece of hardware. I really like it, but not enough to pay a cancellation fee with AT&T (which was my original plan).
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I guess you could claim this and that all you want, but they don't have to replace your S1 with S2 just because the newer model is better? It should be better, and again if I didn't have the new OS on my S1, I would have definitely plopped down money today for an S2. Seems like Verizon and RIM's loss to me....and Droids gain.....peace...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

I'm happy with my Storm2 and I've only had it a few hours. Yes, the clicking is different, but I like it. It's more accurate. And I won't even remember what the old click felt like by next week.
    CrackBerry User

I love the 9550... the touch screen took me 30 minutes to get used to and I had only one quirk to work out.

Hopefully all the people that don't like it will leave this section of the forum.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    PIN
    unless ur a hotie (female) in Indy, why would I want to give you my pin?

I think its amazing, I can type at lighting speed, almost as fast as I can type on my computer keyboard. Very accurate.

This device rocks, and I cant wait to try out the wifi! At least I will be able to download mp3s at home or at hotspots! before I kept getting an error stating file to large, no more too large!

yahoo! storm 2 rocks!
    OS 5.0.0.607 :: 9550
    -Nothing left to do but Smile, Smile, Smile!

Jn 14:27

|_____|
    O|||||O
    --------
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrow View Post
    I couldn't agree with this statement more. I am not going to get the S2 after seeing how 5.0 runs on the Storm.

Droid, here I come.
    Agreed didnt see a huge difference.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

I went and played with a storm2 today at a verizon store. Yes it was "better" than the storm1 in terms of speed and typing but it was essentially the same device. I have to admit I wasn't that impressed. There was nothing that screamed "Your storm1 is a piece of **** BUY ME NOW!!!" I'm gonna see what DROID has to offer.
    DROID > BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wytmyk420 View Post
    I think its a huge upgrade. but then again i only had the storm 1 for a month....

I've also had my S1 for just a month, but I chose not to "put up with" the edge-of-screen clicking difficulty and execute the Torx screw fix. Made a huge difference. That's easier and cheaper than going out and buying a new phone, which I feel I now have with a (Quagmire) "clickety-clickety-clickety" screen and a sweet new OS. With the screen properly adjusted, typing on the S1 can be very, very satisfying.
    Alltel Pearl 8130 ---> Verizon Storm 9530 ---> Verizon Bold 9650
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast