CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Brand new S2, not 24 hours old and I already messed it up! Please help.

I got a HUGE scratch on the bottom front plastic piece just below the phone and menu buttons. Not on the touchscreen, but on that plastic piece below it. I tried verizon, but they only do software/firmware repairs. They refuse to open the phone. When I had my iphone, I got a crack in the screen. I took it to my local apple store and in 15 minutes they swapped out the screen for a new one and I was on my way. What are my options? Can I get a replacement plastic piece, and how can install it? This sucks. its 18 hours old.
    CrackBerry User

I say call verizon and say its defective and they will replace it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Its from wirefly. They know it and will not touch it. I was thinking about calling wirefly and doing that but I need a working phone and dealing with their india asshats and the return shipping is a *****.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts

Could order it from here for $7.99 plus shipping: BlackBerry Storm2 9520/9550 OEM bottom cover

It should just pop off. I believe it's held on by tape if I remember correctly.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by DRLyman View Post
    Could order it from here for $7.99 plus shipping: BlackBerry Storm2 9520/9550 OEM bottom cover

It should just pop off. I believe it's held on by tape if I remember correctly.
    That is exactly what I am looking for, but tape? WTF rim? I know if I go trying to swap this out, it will look like **** and will not stay on like if it was from the factory. This just plain sucks. And for the record, a case would NOT have prevented this. I had taken off the battery door and removed the battery to clean the screen while the phone was off, and the battery door was inner part face up right below my hand where I was holding the phone. It slipped through my fingers and landed screen down on the inside of the battery door, and that damn barb that holds the door on scratched the bottom plastic piece when it hit. It was maybe a 3 inch drop. There would have been no case on the phone anyway.
    CrackBerry User

that sucks i am sorry. I hope that piece helps. You might be able to find something that tape it on good at a hardware store. bummer!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    PIN
    OT GRIGIO!!!

If it's only cosmetic... dude, just get over it. It's going to get marred up sooner or later. Might as well get it over with early on.

Plus... at least you did it yourself, and can't be mad at anyone else about it. LOL!

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    T of Guinness? Yes Please!

Quote Originally Posted by 10SE View Post
    If it's only cosmetic... dude, just get over it. It's going to get marred up sooner or later. Might as well get it over with early on.

Plus... at least you did it yourself, and can't be mad at anyone else about it. LOL!

Speak for yourself! I had my S1 all cased up in the Otterbox, and it still looks like new! I'm going to order another Otterbox for my S2. This case rocked and saved my storm from any little thing!

Cheers,
    B.D.
    BostonDan
    CrackBerry Abuser

Case it up. No one will ever know. Either that or you call Verizon and lie and say it is not working properly and live with the fib lol.... Not something I'd want to do. Karma sucks and it will probably be a big lemon

I am just waiting for the first time I drop mine. UGH. Worst feeling ever.
    Sorry about the scratch. I am a complete perfectionist. It would bug the crap out of me too.
    Take care!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Totally sad!

I followed the link that the OEM part site. I watched the video on disassembling the phone. It was like watching an autopsy for my Storm 2. I could have cried.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,967 Global Posts
    PIN
    Only my hairdresser knows for sure!

Mustang, the reason the Apple store fixed your iPhone was because they are authorized to work on Apple products. If you had taken it to an AT&T store, they woudl have told you they couldn't fix it either. That would be like taking your Storm to a RIM Store, where they would be authorized to repair RIM products. I hope that makes sense.

It does really suck you scratched you phone, but that's why I took out insurance on mine. Try to go through a third party parts dealer and just buy the piece and fix it yourself, or make an insurance claim and eat the $89 deductible and risk getting a refurbished unit.
    Romans 1:16 - I'm not ashamed, are you?

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Summiebee View Post
    Case it up. No one will ever know. Either that or you call Verizon and lie and say it is not working properly and live with the fib lol.... Not something I'd want to do. Karma sucks and it will probably be a big lemon

I am just waiting for the first time I drop mine. UGH. Worst feeling ever.
    Sorry about the scratch. I am a complete perfectionist. It would bug the crap out of me too.
    Take care!
    Once dated someone like you,....a little fib,.then,....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Guess not like me then since I said NOT something I'd want to do and Karma sucks. Perhaps misunderstood my post. I'd just deal with it and put a case on it and bear the pain of the scratch. Perfectionist or not.
    Sorry about your girl. Those sort of women give you character for the right one though.
    Take care.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Scan It

Quote Originally Posted by Summiebee View Post
    Guess not like me then since I said NOT something I'd want to do and Karma sucks. Perhaps misunderstood my post. I'd just deal with it and put a case on it and bear the pain of the scratch. Perfectionist or not.
    Sorry about your girl. Those sort of women give you character for the right one though.
    Take care.
    HEH I've been waiting for the right one for um, 35 years :x

I totally agree with you about the little fib though, karma's a *****
    Always Handy:Storm2 Tips & Tricks >|< Learn It, Live It, Love It: Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures
    Need Memory? Click Here: Increase Your Memory!
    The 11/3 Project!All the flawed logic of a raving madman... with jokes! >|< Best Themes Around: *RJ Design*
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jlsparks View Post
    HEH I've been waiting for the right one for um, 35 years :x

I totally agree with you about the little fib though, karma's a *****
    35 years is very young. Lots of good tread left on those tires.
    Fibbing will get you much of anywhere and karma has nasty teeth when it bites you in the arse! That's why I avoid both.
    Take care.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30b426c2

i hate when i get a new phone a f it up. Gotta love insurance tho

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    PIN
    30febf16

May I ask why you removed the battery to clean the screen? I mean... when I do my daily wiping... I just lock the device... sparing me from dropping my baby onto that damned battery door.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by res6jya6 View Post
    May I ask why you removed the battery to clean the screen? I mean... when I do my daily wiping... I just lock the device... sparing me from dropping my baby onto that damned battery door.
    I did it because it was acting wierd and needed to be rebooted. I didnt do that since I first activated it.