CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Best OS for the Storm 2 9550 and how much memory should I have to run it well?

Hello guys, this is a quick message i have about 2 questions.

Got the Storm 2 9550 but it is still with pretty old OS, which one should I use? no matter if it is leaked or not.

Also i plan to move all my storm 1 apps to the storm 2. I was wondering how much memory i need to have left in my storm so it runs properly? 30 mb? less? ( more? (I do not like to restart a lot) Thanks

Help is really appreciated.

Guillermo
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

OS 517 without hesitation. Tried them all but 517 beats them all hands down for me. You don't have to worry much about app memory for the storm2. I have a few app downloaded with out any memory leaks. Now once in a while you will get an app here or there that will cause you memory leaks and I just delete it. I'm consistent over 100mb with quit a few app on my storm2. My wife has apps that keep her memory around 90mb.
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

451 runs the best on my S2. 517 is a little laggy when typing, and the web browsing was very slow. I run in the mid 130s.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Me Please!!

avoid 607 at all costs. I'm amazed at how this can be an official OS. It's the biggest piece of crap OS I've ever put on any blackberry and I put every leak (no hybrids) on.

Constant spinning clock, laggy keyboard, phone completely unrepsonsive, 3-4 battery pulls per day.

Stick with 517........easily the best.
    I > U
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,101 Global Posts
    PIN
    Good Question?!

Quote Originally Posted by andonakis View Post
    OS 517 without hesitation. Tried them all but 517 beats them all hands down for me. You don't have to worry much about app memory for the storm2. I have a few app downloaded with out any memory leaks. Now once in a while you will get an app here or there that will cause you memory leaks and I just delete it. I'm consistent over 100mb with quit a few app on my storm2. My wife has apps that keep her memory around 90mb.
    Ditto! I've found this OS to work best for me. .451 is great too. Your preference. I actually have a .517 hybrid and I love it. Available at BBhybrids.com. Anything you have on your S1 will fit on the S2 with tons of room left. I'm down to 90mb (mines loaded) and I have no issues.
    Quarter minute...two clicks left for windage...say goodnight, Gracie......
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TallyHo View Post
    avoid 607 at all costs. I'm amazed at how this can be an official OS. It's the biggest piece of crap OS I've ever put on any blackberry and I put every leak (no hybrids) on.

Constant spinning clock, laggy keyboard, phone completely unrepsonsive, 3-4 battery pulls per day.

Stick with 517........easily the best.
    I've never had a problem (any that you've mentioned) with 607.

works great for me. Never had to do a batt. pull, no lag.

Of course, I'm not an app-fiend, and I'm sure I don't use my phone to it's FULL capabilities as some of you do.

sitting at 114mb (stable with no leaks)

apps:
    1. Gmail
    2. Google Mobile
    3. Google Mobile Maps
    4. Poynt
    5. Drive Carefully
    6. Dragon for Email
    7. Time Mobile
    8. Kik Chat
    9. mIQ
    10. Weatherbug
    11. Opera Mini 5.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,849 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

yep - Had to downgrade from the official 607. 517 is good. Wish someone would drop one of the 900 series on us. Heard there are a ton really well done OSes past 607 but only a few have been sent on to 'friendly testing' and none of them have made their way to us.

Though 607 is visually the best looking color palette of the bunch available.
    Ad Lucem

CrackBerry User

running .607 and i dont have any issues either. And i run some pretty heavy apps on it.

Sounds like tallyho had a bad upgrade. I did not use the over the air update tho, i used the download and did it hooked up to pc. I wonder if that makes a difference?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I agree that .607 is crap. I have tried to make it work for me but I just don't like the overall experience of it. Went back to .517 and everything is good. I'm actually running OOAK's .517/.692 hybrid right now and really enjoy it. But straight .517 was great too. I would start there and wait for a new leak or 6.0, whichever comes first.
    CrackBerry User

Default OS for 9550

I liked 517 a lot. Decided to try Lyricidal's hybrid over it, didn't like the performance. Most recently, wiped, installed 607 then Alexander Ekin's 662 hybrid over that. My impression is that it is fast, stable, memory at 122. Battery good all day, at about 60% after 16 hours. Plan to wipe again and try OOAK's hybrid over 517 if this OS doesn't keep working as well as it is. So far, this is the best OS that I have found.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Nice , trying to find 517 as we speak, wonder if it got japanese characters support
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default .1015 vs .517

Quote Originally Posted by kmflame View Post
    Nice , trying to find 517 as we speak, wonder if it got japanese characters support
    My phone has .1015....
    1) The power button for lock doesnt seem to work properly, is it a software issue.
    2) The touch and horizontal scroll for viewing pictures is not responding.
    3) Incoming caller id doesnt show the name, but the names are displayed correct in the call log.

will the issues be resolved if i downgrade to 0.517 as many have a view that its stable with out flaws. And i have also read somewhere .1015 is not an official release, is that true?