| | 01-14-11, 11:17 PM Thread Author #1
bedside mode fix made simple
Ok. I start this thread even though there are other threads on the subject. For those of you that are like me and looked at the bedside mode fix that is all over the forum but had no idea how to execute it. Here are simple terms and step by step instructions. Hope this helps.
Here are the instructions, that are all over the forum.
Originally Posted by jcporter
So you have an issue with bedside mode not popping up on 188.8.131.523 when on the wall charger right? Don't Worry, your boys over at BB Tweaks have you covered! This issue popped up in 895 and I was able to hybrid it out.
1. Download the fix HERE (http://www.bbtweaks.com/BlackBerry/O...Mode%20Fix.rar)
2. Extract the file to your PC
3. Use BBSAK or BBMCP to push the files to your BB or you can copy and paste the extracted files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9550AMEA_v184.108.40.2063_P220.127.116.117\Java and run the app loader.
Here is what I did to make it work.
1. Click on that here link (or copy and paste address, here link may have become inactive when I copied to this thread), save to desktop (or where ever you want that you can find it again) I am running windows xp.
2. I googled “free rar extract files” found and downloaded Free RAR Extract Frog 2.5, Free RAR Extract Frog - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com I am sure there are other great programs that will do the job. I downloaded the frog and followed the on screen instructions which prompted me to extract the file I saved to my desktop.
3. I didn’t even know what BBSAK was so I googled BBSAK found their official web site BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife I then plugged in my storm 2, launched BBSAK by clicking on the icon on my desktop, clicked on the Modify CODs found my extracted files on my desktop named bedside mode fix opened the file and BBSAK did the rest including reboot my phone.
So, yes, simple once you know wt* to do! Hope this saves a few people a few steps of searching.
Good Luck, and sleep well tonight knowing your berry is all fixed.