Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB on T-Mobile and sim on same but asking for unlock?

Recently purchased a second user 9520 (Storm2) on T-Mobile and I have put a valid sim in although the phone reports invalid sim and asks for unlock code. Any help would be most appreciated as I would like to give the phone to my dad as he needs one.

Kind Regards,
    Steve...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,162 Global Posts

The 9520 was never released for T-Mobile. You most likely have another carrier's unit, therefore the phone is natively locked to that carrier. What that means is unless unlocked it will take only that carrier's SIM card. Think of it as a measure carriers implement so that someone doesn't buy a phone from them and bolt to another carrier.

You will need an unlock code for your T-Mobile SIM to work. There are many ways of going about it. If the original owner is out of contract, they can try contacting the carrier and asking them for the code. The other way is to get a code from an unlocking service such as ones in this Crackberry sub-forum, or on the internet.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport