Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bb Storm 2

Hello Crackberryland, With the Rumors flying around about the BB Storm 2. What are peoples thoughts about how they will make it available to Storm 1 owners? Will they have some kind of upgrade available? since its less than a year and nobody will be eligible for the new every 2? What are some thoughts? im hoping they do something for us since they rushed the Storm 1 and its just OK. Thanks All

Global Posts
    33,479 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I'd imagine they would extend what they call and annual upgrade and let you buy it at the 2 year price with a new 2 year contract (your contract starts over). They would probably offer a trade in of your storm 1 for my thought is 100 (which is what apple & att did for iphone 1 people). We shall see!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-13-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: fixing typo
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Sounds good, I hope your right. im def. down with gettin the new one
    CrackBerry Abuser

I also feel like they were do some sort of upgrade to the storm 2 from the original storm. This is what happened with the iphone and I think if verizon doesn't offer anything, there will certainly be a lot of angry storm owners
    Verizon Storm 9550
    Follow me on Twitter!

CrackBerry Abuser

What is the time difference between the two iphone releases and the two storm releases (assuming it comes out in September)?
    CrackBerry User

I assume that if the release date of the Storm 2 is anytime before late November 2009, we shall see an available trade-in/upgrade (for a cost lol) option. I am looking forward to this!

Global Posts
    33,479 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by jonlong724 View Post
    What is the time difference between the two iphone releases and the two storm releases (assuming it comes out in September)?
    The software for the iphone was backwardly compatible, meaning those on an iphone could upgrade too, BUT the major hardware difference was that iphone 3g, had the 3g radios on it.

As for the Storm 2, from what we HEAR (we don't know since it has NOT been announced) is it will have wifi and a different screen press mechanism. We have no clue on the software, and on wether or not it will be backwardly compatible.
    CrackBerry User

I hope you guys are right and that there will be a trade in deal...Love my BB Storm...when it's working right
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Just a theory, no basis behind it, but just thought about it a little bit ago. Could the Storm 2 be the 99xx that we have heard about? There have been multiple sources claiming that a 99xx with touch screen and QWERTY was coming to VZW in the next few months. Anyone think that they could be the same device and RIM is just changing the overall format of the Storm?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,829 Global Posts

Question: has RIM EVER offered a direct trade in on 1 model BB for another?

Also can someone refresh my memeory? As I recall Originally Apple wasn't going to offer a trade in discount to early adopters but changed their mind after a week of complaints.
    NOW 5.0.0.419
    Build Date:??????
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    CHE MIERDA

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post

Also can someone refresh my memeory? As I recall Originally Apple wasn't going to offer a trade in discount to early adopters but changed their mind after a week of complaints.
    RIM wouldnt offer a direct trade in...it would be the carriers that would. Seriously doubt that would happen. What would VZW do with all the trade-ins?

Global Posts
    33,479 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post

Direct trade doubtful, trade in maybe (100 would be my thought) Yes I believe Apple & ATT had to be talked in to it. (They offered 100)

Quote Originally Posted by oifvet1967 View Post
    RIM wouldnt offer a direct trade in...it would be the carriers that would. Seriously doubt that would happen. What would VZW do with all the trade-ins?
    Use them for Refurbs or Certified Like New, or whatever they are calling them these days.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    CHE MIERDA

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Direct trade doubtful, trade in maybe (100 would be my thought) Yes I believe Apple & ATT had to be talked in to it. (They offered 100)

Use them for Refurbs or Certified Like New, or whatever they are calling them these days.
    Still....they would have a sh1t load of storms traded in for the second version.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts

Verizon will not do anything..As far as they are concerned the Storm is a success and this is a different refreshed model. RIM would have to do the swap if any as Motorola did with the their first color 720 phone.

At best full retail with maybe a 100.00 off mail in rebate..so it will cost only 399.00 - 499.00

Global Posts
    33,479 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by hudss View Post
    Verizon will not do anything..As far as they are concerned the Storm is a success and this is a different refreshed model. RIM would have to do the swap if any as Motorola did with the their first color 720 phone.

At best full retail with maybe a 100.00 off mail in rebate..so it will cost only 399.00 - 499.00
    For THAT deal they would have to let me keep Storm 1 which I would then sell on ebay or Flipsway it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

tenletters.
    BlackBerry Tour2 9650: OS 6.0.0.431
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    PIN
    Can't let you know cuz she's my GF!

Used S1 will soon be...$50? S2 will be...$100? wahaha
    ALMOST PERFECT STORM2
    OS = .1015
    Digitizer = TM1299/TM1304 LCD = 002/111
    I sold my 3gs and got a free storm2 plus extra cash in pocket for holiday!