BB 9550 Storm 2 ( Drop Call )
04-11-10 09:52 PM
- Yeah this has happened to me a few times as well....it seems to come and go as it pleases but it is very annoying...the only thing that seems to fix it for me is a battery pull aswell. If it was a hardware issue then i dont think a battery pull would have fixed the problem....it would have most likely persisted even after the battery pull but in my case it stops. For that reason i think it may be a software issue which im really hoping that it is. However, i have a question I won my storm at a Hockey game but didint receive any sort of receipt or anything is it still under the manufacturer warranty for a year?01-06-10 03:34 AM
- I love my Blackberry Storm2 (I boast about it ALL the time) Lol. But I am facing the same dropped calls on this Storm2 Unlocked as I did on my Storm1 Unlocked. I had the Curve 8900 for over a year and had ONE dropped call, the Storm 1 alone dropped almost for every contact (maybe a good day once in a while) this Storm2 is tricky. I love it to death but the dropping calls makes me sad inside, Lol.
I really don't want to give it up.. I am eligable for the 9700 in just over a month, but it'll be heartbreaking to give up this beauty. Solidly built.. Bad Antenna and reception?
I originally got it unlocked from TheRemoteUnlocker and everything went smooth, except I never did get rid of that "Activation Required" message at the top from the Telus Phone. I called, researched, Hex, Cdma blah blah, nadda. No MSL code for me,... (Unless anyone knows how also.. No, not #000000, or 1, or ..228 etc. Im canadian on Rogers.
Anywhoooooo.. So yes, no problems except for that message and the dropped calls. I've registered on BIS and Data works fine, e-mails, ladaada, and I re-sent service books, registered... Even changed Network settings(fiddled abit) from-to Global, GSM, and even tried a method I read about,
"...Manually search for network and select it..."
Worked for, an extended 30 seconds, but usually between 19-50(if lucky) signal goes and I get "Call Failed".
If this was an issue with the Storm1 as well, and now the two.. the software/hardware combination is hard to asses for the problem!
I think what we are all looking for is some solid advice(tried and tested) and some Reallly good inquries as to why, not just "Get a diff phone, battery pull" etc.
I'm just gonna chill and wait for any responses in the next week, if anyone could be so kind.
PS> MSL code help is a bonus if anyone has ideas (Check my past posts for what methods ive exhausted, Lol).01-15-10 11:09 PM
But any solution so far!01-26-10 06:00 AM
- I am using a storm 2 9550. Have some serious problems..any help please!
1) Call drop issue after 15-16 secs of a call. This is resolved after a battery pull. The problem occurs every day..work fine whole day expcept when the battery indicator turns red it drops call.
2) While texting or receiving a call...in short while touching the screen at times..makes it reboot..this problem is random & occurs once a day or once in two days.
3) Is there a way to default Map service to Google Maps?
4) with the os for 9520 work for 9550 with simple tricks..if any!!02-04-10 10:52 AM
- 02-15-10 06:51 AM
- 02-17-10 11:17 AM
- 03-09-10 12:38 AM
- 03-11-10 02:26 PM
To know if the guy on the other end actually did what he was supposed to do...you should receive a "successful email activation" in all your mailboxes set up on your phone like you did when you initially set it up. otherwise, call them again.
It worked for me... I only had the problem on the 1st 2 days of owning my S2. Now I'm happy with my S2.
Good luck all.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-11-10 09:52 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Storm2
BB 9550 Storm 2 ( Drop Call )
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD