Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    310208a8
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy BB 9550 Storm 2 ( Drop Call )

Dears;

I need your support , i got my S2 since 3 days , when i am making calls , the calls droped after 16 seconds during the conversation.

please your help
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by deathta View Post
    Dears;

I need your support , i got my S2 since 3 days , when i am making calls , the calls droped after 16 seconds during the conversation.

please your help
    I am facing this issue as well & no fix so far. Seems a software issue. My handset was made in Canada. Looking for a solution but no success so far
    CrackBerry Abuser

#4357* SEND
    Unconfirmed...but seems to solve the issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Attiqmalik View Post
    #4357* SEND
    Unconfirmed...but seems to solve the issue.
    So far battery pull is the only method that resolves the issue temporarily. Very irritating.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    30FFB6EA

Both of you, it sounds like a carrier issue, if you had another device previously on that carrier that was working in your area, you need to check your PRL with your carrier. It probably needs to be updated. Here in the US with Verizon *228 option 2 updates your PRL file to what is affiliated with your account. Your carrier may need to update the PRL file on your account before having the update pushed to your phone.
    They wont let me put what I want in here so "Support our troops and the h3ll with the press"
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    just ask!

I don't know if this helps but it was happening to me too, a battery pull seemed to stop it but I felt something was wrong.

I called up Vodafone UK and they said they'd had a few calls about it and it is a known issue, the handset was replaced for me. Issue isn't happening anymore...

Looks like it could be a known fault to be fair... Don't think it's a carrier issue as it's happening to a lot of people over here in the UK and the handsets are just being exchanged with no questions asked. They didn't even want to just send me a new sim card, they insisted I had a new handset.
    http://twitter.com/mistergaga
    BlackBerry Storm 2 9520
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,323 Global Posts

Same issue here and i can tell you it's NOT a carrier issue. None of my others BBs had this problem.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 9000 (brief) > 9530 (Ugh!) & 8900 > 8220 > 8120 > 8520 > 9550
    > 9000 > 9700 9650

BB tech: Got a problem? Feel free to PM me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I agree it seems like a fault on part of SIM. Either a hardware issue but most likely a software issue. Any Messiah with a cure?
    CrackBerry User

I also have had same issues, if it IS the handset, I am out of luck. I bought it used (300.00) and its an unlocked phone so there's nothing I can do about it. I posted a question regarding this in the help forum, if anyone can find that post - read it and check it out let me know if there is some work-around solutionn that doesnt tell me I have a hardware issue.

I can't re-sell the phone, because if it is a hardware issue I do not want to pawn it on another buyer, I have some heart for truth and I guess it will sink me in the hole financially... Lol, I worked hard and saved up that money for a Bday present to myself, but I guess Its a dud.

Oh well,...
    User & Abuser. Crackberry - sentenced for L.I.F.E
    Second Device: IPhone 3GS
    My BlackBerry Tops:
    App: BeWeather, Poynt, BeBuzz, QuickLaunch, TwitterGenius
    Game: FierceTowers
    Phone(ToDate) Storm 9550
    RingTone: The Kids Aren't Alright- OffSpring
    Case: BlackBerrys Red Silicone Skin, simply works.
    Site: CrackBerry
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am having the exact same issue, with mine i bought it unlocked but under the "my number" in my call screen its a number other than my own and it actually only has 9 digits as opposed to 10. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Man, mines does the same thing! And it's unlocked! I feel so damn helpless! Please, if you know what to do PLEASE HURRY UP AND POST IT SO WE CAN MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES LOL!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JRillaTheJeanius View Post
    Man, mines does the same thing! And it's unlocked! I feel so damn helpless! Please, if you know what to do PLEASE HURRY UP AND POST IT SO WE CAN MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES LOL!
    Are you all sure you're not inadvertently disconnecting by touching the screen with your face when on a call? I had this problem with my S1 until I purchased StormLock, which I still use on my S2.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

Switch to Verizon... Everyone knows that BlackBerry runs better on America's most reliable network, lol...
    HTC Droid Incredible!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
    Are you all sure you're not inadvertently disconnecting by touching the screen with your face when on a call? I had this problem with my S1 until I purchased StormLock, which I still use on my S2.
    No, I'm not. I can be on speaker and it still hang up by itself. I don't know what the issue could be.
    Crackberry Storm 2
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by statusglobaldotcom View Post
    I am having the exact same issue, with mine i bought it unlocked but under the "my number" in my call screen its a number other than my own and it actually only has 9 digits as opposed to 10. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    dial ##000000 you can change the number that way. Also my friend had the same call drop issue, his seemed to go away after he updated to .428. Try it. it might work
    CrackBerry Newbie

If we update our OS will it erase our unlock?
    Crackberry Storm 2
    CrackBerry User

Nope it will still be unlocked. i think the unlock info is stored in the bios or something.
    CrackBerry Newbie

are you 100% sure!?
    Crackberry Storm 2
    CrackBerry User

100000%. done it several times to several unlocked phones.
    CrackBerry Newbie

ok well i tried downloading the new OS but the links were down. Could you find me a good link so I can try this out?
    Crackberry Storm 2
    CrackBerry Abuser

Are those people who upgraded to os .428 still facing drop calls issue? I did and the issue seems to have gone down by 90%

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey folks. My wife has this same problem. Call dropping after 16 secs. She removed a bunch of the bigger apps she installed, (google maps and a dictionary app).

Im on the phone with her now, 5 minutes and counting, as I type.

Try dumping some of the bigger downloaded apps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by nigel1977 View Post
    Hey folks. My wife has this same problem. Call dropping after 16 secs. She removed a bunch of the bigger apps she installed, (google maps and a dictionary app).

Im on the phone with her now, 5 minutes and counting, as I type.

Try dumping some of the bigger downloaded apps.
    Even if u drop every application, this issue remains. Only battery pull resolves only for a day or two.

CrackBerry User

Is this on the GSM radios? I think its a issue with the GSM on the phone. I am on Verizon and don't have these issues.

CrackBerry Abuser

Exclamation Drop Calls issue

Quote Originally Posted by cat5shotta View Post
    dial ##000000 you can change the number that way. Also my friend had the same call drop issue, his seemed to go away after he updated to .428. Try it. it might work
    It improves greatly on .428 but not fully
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast