Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone else staying S2 for awhile?

I have had my storm 2 for over a year now and still really like it. I have it set up just how I want it so it works for me and does so flawlessly. While I admit, some of the other devices out there look awesome, do they really give me more than what I have now? My guess is not really....I'm talking just BB here, I am pretty much sold on the fact I am staying BB right now.

Anyone else feel this way? I know when RIM starts distributing devices with QNX this may be a different discussion all together, but as we sit right now am I not alone here?
    Thanked by 2:
    Coachbulldog (02-09-2011),  RolandDargentan (02-13-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

Almost 6 months with my S2, and I do have thoughts of changing, albeit changing to a Bold. I miss the keyboard the most but each time I pick up my phone and feel the SurePress it brings me back again.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Once the new droids drop bye bye BB until QNX.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Banned

This will be a lonely thread.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,241 Global Posts

To be honest...I'd upgrade in a heartbeat if there was a full touchscreen BB available with OS 6 on Verizon.

Not necessarily because I'm "unhappy" with my S2...but just because I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

Frankly, I've been a bit disappointed with the latest offerings available from BB and Verizon...as there are definitely no current models I'd really consider trading in my year old(+) Storm 2 for, which is a bit depressing...that there has been nothing in over a year that has sparked my interest!

Switching to Android or iPhone or anything else isn't really an option, as my current employer required BB for mobile email services...and I don't want to carry a business AND personal device.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by PaintDrinkingPete View Post
    To be honest...I'd upgrade in a heartbeat if there was a full touchscreen BB available with OS 6 on Verizon.

Not necessarily because I'm "unhappy" with my S2...but just because I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

Frankly, I've been a bit disappointed with the latest offerings available from BB and Verizon...as there are definitely no current models I'd really consider trading in my year old(+) Storm 2 for, which is a bit depressing...that there has been nothing in over a year that has sparked my interest!

Switching to Android or iPhone or anything else isn't really an option, as my current employer required BB for mobile email services...and I don't want to carry a business AND personal device.
    Precisely! This is pretty much what I am talking about. I also love touchscreen which is why I wouldn't change at this point for anything that is out there.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts

i am sticking around untill the next touch screen bb... not a fan of android... deff not a fan of apple... i dont need all the hooptie apps i am content with what i have
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD (me) Motorola RAZR HD (wife)
    CrackBerry Addict

I have lost my passion for phones and am on a cheap reduced tariff, so there is not much incentive to upgrade at the moment.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one most adaptable to change, that survives." - Charles Darwin
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts

You should do a poll. I am curious as well. Unfortunately I think the results will be pathetic. Most people have moved on or will soon. Even a lot of the people who never said they would have moved on including myself. Was a good phone with bad support and 1 horrible OS after another leaked or official from the start with the exception of .517

Last edited by hydroz_23; 02-09-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by 67Tucker View Post
    This will be a lonely thread.
    A few ppl will still excuse the Storm2 fail

Quote Originally Posted by hydroz_23 View Post
    Unfortunately I think the results will be pathetic. Most people have moved on or will soon. Even a lot of the people who never said they would have moved on including myself. Was a good phone with bad support and 1 horrible OS after another leaked or official from the start with the exception of .517
    +1 it was a frustrating 2 months of daily use with any OS after 517. Fix this, break that...fix that, break this....screw that nonsense.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

I'm mostly happy with my Storm2 right now. Wish I could get some apps that are available on other platforms, but I probably wouldn't have enough memory for a lot of them anyways. I'm planning to hang onto it until I'm eligible to upgrade (late August). If the Monaco is available on Verizon then, I'll give it some consideration, otherwise I'm probably headed to HTC Thunderbolt or Moto Droid Bionic (or the inevitable even-newer Android phone).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts

My Droid X is my primary device but I will still keep mine as a backup device. I have it set up with the apps I want and it's all set and ready to go should I need to reactivate it. I use it primarily as my alarm clock in the charging cradle for now.

CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by cgbb View Post
    I use it primarily as my alarm clock in the charging cradle for now.

Rofl.....the Storm2 is best used as anything but a smartphone!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

I can't wait to retire my S2 for a Bionic.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am not sure that any other phone would do anything more for me than my s2 is doing. But I'm sure one day I'll find out. I'm not in any rush to leave it behind though.

CrackBerry Newbie

I've gone from a Pearl to a Storm 1 and then Storm 2 and with hybrid OS and theme upgrades, it's a decent machine. Will probably get the urge soon but don't know that I could go back to the physical keyboard again. The 6.0 is a temptation however and the torch owners I know seem quite satisfied so perhaps that could end this Storm 2 'affair'
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    I can't wait to retire my S2 for a Bionic.
    Is it simply because you want newer technology or is it because your S2 gives you troubles? Just curious.....
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

I'm going to Droid2 or DroidX. Motorola knows how to do touchscreen smartphones, RIM does not.
    CrackBerry Newbie

The storm is an excellent phone and does exactly what i want and need it to do.
    My brother just picked up a htc and asked me why it freezes on him and he has to do a battery pull. roflmao.
    I will stay with my storm 2 and out of all the business associates i run into and my friends they like there bb's too.
    Storm 2.9550/ .1049 v2 base .1015
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by pmcguyver View Post
    The storm is an excellent phone and does exactly what i want and need it to do.
    My brother just picked up a htc and asked me why it freezes on him and he has to do a battery pull. roflmao.
    I will stay with my storm 2 and out of all the business associates i run into and my friends they like there bb's too.
    Hey Mcguyver...what OS do you run in yours? I'm convinced the people that like their S2's have the right OS installed in them....a bad OS can turn you off any device.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Hey Mcguyver...what OS do you run in yours? I'm convinced the people that like their S2's have the right OS installed in them....a bad OS can turn you off any device.
    Well after a lot of reading and research I gave .1049 v2 base .1015 from BBHybrids a try and it works great.
    Storm 2.9550/ .1049 v2 base .1015
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    PM me for it!

I moved to my S2 from an 8330 (which I loved) and have come to love the S2 as well, only thing I do miss sometimes is a physical keyboard and even more so a trackpad. I find clicking on webpage links a bit of a pain sometimes when I have to keep zooming so I can click on the right thing. I love the large screen and reading webpages in landscape, therefore, I think the torch form factor would be an interesting one to see on Verizon.

The points about OS version are definitely heavy on merit, I ran my S2 on 713 for quite a while then finally moved on to 1015 and was annoyed with it as I had issues with the contacts bug. I'm now running a bbhybrids hybrid on top of a 1015 base (Can't remember which one, I think it was lyricadal that built it?) and am very happy with it after I found a way around the contacts issue.

I can't see myself moving from BB to another platform, but perhaps another BB when a new offering tweaks my interest and my NE2 is up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts

chalk me up on the list for keeping my S2. Like many others here, it does what I need very well (emails, texts, voice calls, etc). I have my trusty laptop at work and at home so the bb browser doesn't get much attention from me (which also negates the S2's shortcomings).
    I have looked and played around with other devices - only to find I prefer the BB. It just works for me.

edit: I am currently on .713 (verizon official) I tried the .1015 as well as L's first hybrid with it and wasn't amused at all. I may try the v2 hybrid this weekend to see if my issues have been resolved.
    also - my wife refuses to give hers up as well...as I said, it works for us
    Last edited by rayzryd266; 02-09-2011 at 11:15 AM.
    Curve 8330 > Storm > Storm2 9550 > HTC ThunderBolt
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    642 Global Posts

I'll still be here... till the storm 3, or whatever its called, gets released
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Is it simply because you want newer technology or is it because your S2 gives you troubles? Just curious.....
    I want 4G, which when coupled with the browsing experience on an Android, is going to be light years faster than my S2. Also, BIS service has been spotty. I've had too many issues with BBM lately (outages) to feel that a BB "really" is the better communicating device. There are other ways to text that are more reliable. Sure I'll miss the LED, but the truth be told, 99 times out of a 100, when it blinks, it just indicates some BS email.

I also want a far larger screen than what I have now. Nothing less than 4" is going to make me happy. 4.3 FTW.

oh, and I am not going to pass up a nice phone just because it might have shorter battery life. An extra battery will solve that issue, should it become a problem.

oh, and I am tired of paying Verizon every time I want to use VZNav. An android phone can do Nav with voice turns FOR FREE.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast