Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default anyone else going from iphone to storm2?

Just curious to see if anyone else is making the switch!
    CrackBerry User

made the switch 2 days ago!!! so far, haven't thought once about going back
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

I made the switch from iPhone 3GS to Storm 2 but am back to the iPhone after a couple of weeks with Storm 2. To put it in one sentence- the iPhone's interface and apps are miles ahead of the Storm 2 while the Storm 2's connectivity is unbeatable.

I use the browser quite a bit which excels on the iPhone and I like to carry my music/videos along with some games- again an area where the iPhone excels. The keyboard is probably a personal choice, but I find myself typing a lot faster on the iPhone than the Storm 2. I do like the click screen of the Storm 2 but try tweeting from it for half an hour and your thumbs will feel a bit numb.

@
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,116 Global Posts
    PIN
    312a4d13

I know someone that went from the iPhone to the Storm2, well Tour then Storm2 but he likes each in their own different way.
    He misses the browser but thats it. He likes everything better especially the service and the e-mail.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    3100B153 <---- ADD

I have 6 friends that have a iphone and I got 3 to try out my s2 and the words they say are ( wow I want a blackberry )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,540 Global Posts
    PIN
    Scan the barcode...

If I could afford it I'd own both a iPhone 3GS and a BB Storm2. I love the entertainment a iPhone can give. Renting movies on it rocks. But I need the connectivity of a BlackBerry.

Alas I signed up for MobileBroadband connect, so my entertainment is fulfilled
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts

I went from iPhone 3G to Bold 9000 and now am moving to a Storm 2 (awaiting delivery). In my view, an iPhone is a great toy. I need a phone for business and pleasure.
    MTNL Bold 9780
    Firmware: 6.0.0.546
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    735 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrspock2002 View Post
    If I could afford it I'd own both a iPhone 3GS and a BB Storm2. I love the entertainment a iPhone can give. Renting movies on it rocks. But I need the connectivity of a BlackBerry.

Alas I signed up for MobileBroadband connect, so my entertainment is fulfilled
    you can keep your BB and get an ipod touch
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30FFDD2D

I have an S2 and an iPod touch. I've had the touch for 2 years now and my BB for about a month. The touch is great for entertainment - music, watching tv shows or movies. But I love my S2 for everything else. IMO, typing is a TON easier on the S2 vs the touch. No accidental clicking!

I do have to admit though that the BB app world is crap compared to Apple's. The quantity AND quality of the free apps is the difference. Of the 35 apps I have on my touch, I only paid for 2 of them. I use some of those free apps everyday and can't find good free BB versions (to be fair I haven't looked too hard though).
    CrackBerry Abuser

I made the switch a month ago. I use my phone mainly as an email device, so coming from the iPhone it is a HUGE improvement. I hated it the first day or so, but since then I haven't looked back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

i was on the fence about going to iphone just before th3 S2 came out but i really love verizons network and occasionally travel to the boondocks where att has no service so i couldnt make the switch
    Never argue with fools because a man from a far cant tell who is who!