Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3056A6FB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default !!!!All Storm Owners!!!! S1 & S2 This is a poll

Ok Here is a poll to see how many of us are the lucky ones to have had a great storm i have had my s1 just a bit after release date with no major issues except for memory leak thats why i am going to upgrade to the S2 Im going to miss you S1 But S2 here i come.......I just hope i dont fall in the #2 catagory with my new S2 cross fingers

It looks like we have 2 types of Storm owners the ones that have had a great and long lasting storm and the ones who get thier first and there second and third and so on and so on, lt seems once you have a bad one expect a few more untill you get the one thats going to last untill your next upgrade or until the S3 comes out.....Im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but thats all i seem to hear on CB. so for the people that get one bad excpect a few more just be patient there are good long lasting storms out there maybe the ones that were made on (wednesday) and i say wednesday for the reason its hump day half way through the week everyone is like yea its wednesday already and in a good mood.. monday everyones is dreading coming back to work and still a little lazy tuesday might be (good), wednesday (great), thursday (good), friday everyone is in a hurry to get on home for the weekend so friday and monday may just be or have been the most crappy manafacturing days when the Storms where made......

#1: lucky group =

#2: not so lucky =
    *Ya BoY*
    Auggie Yanez *CEO*
    (AWZ) Addicted WayZ Klothing CO.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FC6ED1

Got both phones on release Day. Still have original S1 with no issues, hopefully the S2 treats me just as well, so far it has.
    A bad day on the water is better than a good day at work.
    CrackBerry User

Got my Storm2 a few weeks ago after trading in the Droid. I had the Storm1 before that and had a ton of problems, but so far so good with the Storm2 - I love it.
    Storm 9550 on Verizon
    Storm --> Droid --> Storm2
    CrackBerry User

I've has my S1 for 7 months will no problems at all. I must be a lucky one.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,945 Global Posts

You forgot to use the poll option.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Storm 1 - 11/08 - still going strong!
    Storm 2 - 10/09 - going strong!

Not to belittle peoples problems, but I have never understood how some people can have an absolute piece of crap and yet the description doesn't come close to the one that I have. Yes, the OS was slow but my wife had 0.75 until we went 0.328. Never complained. It always worked. Now I tried the leaks, it was fun, but I usualy went back to the releases. My phone has been dependable every day. Just lucky I guess or else my expectations are not for a computer but just a phone.
    Mike
    First Storm - Nov. 23, 2008
    9530 - .328 / 9550 - .713 / 9630 .591 / iPhone iOS4
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    I'm not a troll just because I returned the S2. Call me names, and you WILL be reported and your post will in all likelihood be deleted.
    Quite the signature. It scares the heck out of me so I had better just stop now!
    Mike
    CrackBerry Addict

I am a lucky Storm1 and Storm2 owner! Great devices IMO..

And Ultrafied---Dave is harmless- just got a bad batch-not a basher at all!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maddie1128 View Post

Gotcha ... just funny reading the sig. All is good.
    Mike

Global Posts
    9,945 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maddie1128 View Post

Thanks, Maddie! I just got so sick of having post after post being followed by pointless name calling that had nothing to do with my comments. Mods have been great at removing the offender's posts and I trust that they will continue to do so at my request.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

S1 2/09 and never had to return one, but I was VERY happy when each upgrade came along, especially .328. The screen dimming (just got dimmer and dimmer) finally pushed me into the $179 upgrade.

S2, 11/09, still with original and pretty happy. It's not a huge difference, but I still think it was worth it for me. I have the slight dip in the upper left, and I have noticed that the screen is dimming a bit here and there (argh!) but it isn't affecting the drivability.
    Those aren't gray hairs; those are "stress highlights."
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Me Please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrafied View Post
    my expectations are not for a computer but just a phone.
    Bingo!!! That is the number one issue with half the people on these forums. It was never like this until the Storm 1 was released. It brought in a whole new group of kids to the BB world and they wanted an iPhone with BBM and have been complaining every day since that the S1 and S2 are not mini-computers.

I love my S2 and wouldn't want any other device currently on the market.
    I > U
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3056A6FB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Default sending message to moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    You forgot to use the poll option.

yes i know i hit the post button instead of preview and it went through im going to contact moderator to see if they can change that for me....thx
    *Ya BoY*
    Auggie Yanez *CEO*
    (AWZ) Addicted WayZ Klothing CO.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ES MGHTIER

Launch date S2 for me is working great. Love it.
    "If you're a racist, I will attack you with the north."-Abraham Lincoln

Global Posts
    9,945 Global Posts

Gotcha ... just funny reading the sig. All is good.
    Not only that, I have REPEATEDLY stated that I may get another Storm, if/when the issues I had are fixed. I'm hardly some nutcase with an iPhone coming in here to stir up trouble.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
  16. gpc
    CrackBerry User

Storm 1 - 11/08 - still going strong!
    Storm 2 - 10/09 - going strong!

Not to belittle peoples problems, but I have never understood how some people can have an absolute piece of crap and yet the description doesn't come close to the one that I have. Yes, the OS was slow but my wife had 0.75 until we went 0.328. Never complained. It always worked. Now I tried the leaks, it was fun, but I usualy went back to the releases. My phone has been dependable every day. Just lucky I guess or else my expectations are not for a computer but just a phone.
    #2: not so lucky Storm1

Yeah I hear ya. I had one storm1 replacement...only one! I saw my buddy go through 3 storm1s. Let me explain. He basically had a storm1 he was using for 9 months with a dull bottom left screen. It didn't click at all. I kept mentioning how the screens 'should' feel and that he should replace it. He just didn't know what a better screen felt like. I imagine there are quite a few customers in this category.

Finally, months later, he goes into the store and they agree to replace it no problem. He receives one in the mail and it's barely clickable in the middle let alone the bottom left and top right corners. He called and got another replacement shipped. This one was worse than the last replacement.

I couldn't believe that someone didn't literally sit there and do a click test before sending these two units out. If they did they seriously had a lot of click testing that day cuz these ones slipped through. They were both mexican builds (not sure it matters).

He gets one more in the mail and it's the god screen of storm1s. It's a canada build and the screen is literally perfect. He made sure to call verizon to tell them he was happy with the replacement. If everyone had that phone I wouldn't see the need to upgrade to storm2.

#1 Lucky with Storm2 - So far other than a minor quirk I'm happy.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,321 Global Posts
    PIN
    GO GREEN, GO WHITE, GO SPARTANS

Quote Originally Posted by TallyHo View Post
    Bingo!!! That is the number one issue with half the people on these forums. It was never like this until the Storm 1 was released. It brought in a whole new group of kids to the BB world and they wanted an iPhone with BBM and have been complaining every day since that the S1 and S2 are not mini-computers.

I love my S2 and wouldn't want any other device currently on the market.
    Amen Brother, took the words outta my mouth, everyday it's "whine, moan or cry" if you want a frickin pc, iphone, droid, or any other toy that's out there, then go buy it. RIM never released this with the intention of it being all of the above, just a BB with a touchscreen. Then when it released WWIII broke out because it didn't do what the iphone does or it's not fast enough or I can't have 500 apps buy a damm pc already if you want that many apps. It's 1st and foremost a phone people, and if it's not for you then move on and shut the ell up
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    PIN

#1 lucky here I guess.

Bought S1 on launch day and had it until S2 launched. Never had a replacement. Everything hardware related was fine. OS releases fixed everything else. - gave it to my son-in-law and he cracked the screen within the first 2 weeks he had it. Lol

Bought S2 on launch day. (actually got 2 with BOGO offer). Both of them have no issues. They work fine.

Absolutely love the S2 !!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Scan It

Poll setup = Fail. Nonetheless:

S1 - 11/21/08 until 10/29/09
    S1 - 10/29/09 until present.

No replacements. No crooked screens. No business card or polka dot "fixes" for "clickiness", no battery issue (except when I use the isht out of it and don't charge it, duh), no random reboots, no lag, no random memory leaks, no missing browser or BBM icons.
    Always Handy:Storm2 Tips & Tricks >|< Learn It, Live It, Love It: Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures
    Need Memory? Click Here: Increase Your Memory!
    The 11/3 Project!All the flawed logic of a raving madman... with jokes! >|< Best Themes Around: *RJ Design*
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30FFEFA5

Storm 2 owner and I'm apart of lucky group 1 my storm 2 has no problems a I use it thoroughly

CrackBerry Newbie

Lucky Group #1 here. Waited 9 months to use my NE2 on the Storm2 (previously was using a Pearl). My Storm2, which I use for BES, has been outstanding: No problems whatsoever.
  22. gpc
    CrackBerry User

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by JoelTruckerDude View Post
    Amen Brother, took the words outta my mouth, everyday it's "whine, moan or cry" if you want a frickin pc, iphone, droid, or any other toy that's out there, then go buy it. RIM never released this with the intention of it being all of the above, just a BB with a touchscreen. Then when it released WWIII broke out because it didn't do what the iphone does or it's not fast enough or I can't have 500 apps buy a damm pc already if you want that many apps. It's 1st and foremost a phone people, and if it's not for you then move on and shut the ell up
    Interesting...I didn't realize that .65 and .75 were even on par with being "just a BB." Maybe a few of those "whine, moan or cry" s were valid.
    CrackBerry Master

My last S1 was pretty good with the OS update, and my S2 is working perfectly
    Storm 2 9550 on Verizon -- OS 5.0.0.743
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Group 1.

I got the storm2 the Monday after it was released and I have had no problems whatsoever. The phone performs much better than I ever expected. Mine was made in Canada.

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Ball Wizard!!!

#1 here

mine has been working great (with the minor exception of a few buggy apps that I decided to removed until they get updated)
    Peace is more than just the absence of conflict......
    If you find yourself arguing with me, don't worry. It happens to everybody.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast