Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,369 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Last edited by BBThemes; 09-29-10 at 08:02 PM.
  2. markeratmarkus's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    38 Posts
    PIN
    282212C6
    #2  

    Smile

    Look at the file name itīs a drm OS.
  3. crush29830's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #3  

    Default OS Nube

    Quote Originally Posted by markeratmarkus View Post
    Look at the file name itīs a drm OS.
    I am not in the know when it comes to the OS of blackberry's, but what does it mean that its a drm OS and is this OS a step up from the .713 for the 9550?
  4. hydroz_23's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,375 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crush29830 View Post
    I am not in the know when it comes to the OS of blackberry's, but what does it mean that its a drm OS and is this OS a step up from the .713 for the 9550?
    A DRM OS blocks DRM content like itunes. This would be a step up from .713 but since it is for the 9520 it will never work on a 9550
  5. anon3396357's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    890 Posts
    Global Posts
    892 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Cool, wonder what's new.
  6. kriptikchicken's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    755 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I can confirm that this IS a DRM release... it is installing now on my VFUK Storm2.

    NEVER thought I would ever see a DRM leak.

    Last edited by kriptikchicken; 09-29-10 at 01:54 PM.
  7. adobe's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    at last, a DRM leak !
  8. corymcnutt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB
    #9  

    Default

    Why does it seem more O/Ss are leaked for the 9520 than the 9550??
  9. bighap's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,464 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    Why does it seem more O/Ss are leaked for the 9520 than the 9550??
    Sadly GSM device OSs get leaked more often because there are more GSM carriers worldwide than CDMA.
  10. CiderGuru's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    111 Posts
    PIN
    287A79A2
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriptikchicken View Post
    I can confirm that this IS a DRM release... it is installing now on my VFUK Storm2.

    NEVER thought I would ever see a DRM leak.

    Hi Krip, all urls now report file not present.
    Can U share the VFUK DRM-love?

    EDIT: nm. I found another link that works and isnt IE9 prejudiced

    EDIT2: ("1-bar" on vfuk forums. 316A899B)
    Last edited by CiderGuru; 09-29-10 at 03:47 PM. Reason: I'm ****
  11. Cym167's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Hmmm had this running for a few hours

    Something is running warmer than usual underneath the sim card / memory card.


    J
  12. CiderGuru's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    111 Posts
    PIN
    287A79A2
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cym167 View Post
    Hmmm had this running for a few hours

    Something is running warmer than usual underneath the sim card / memory card.


    J
    A few restarts.
    Hold BB to eyeball.
    If eyeball doesnt melt, all is well.
  13. ixa
    ixa is offline
    ixa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    143 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydroz_23 View Post
    A DRM OS blocks DRM content like itunes. This would be a step up from .713 but since it is for the 9520 it will never work on a 9550
    So a DRM OS is bad then? It blocks content from itunes and other DRM restricted content, right?
  14. hydroz_23's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,375 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ixa View Post
    So a DRM OS is bad then? It blocks content from itunes and other DRM restricted content, right?
    correct...
  15. deejayburnout's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,296 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,375 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    DRM you say.

    Awesome

    Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
  16. Yung_Dilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask
    #17  

    Default

    congrats........
  17. Mio_Ray's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    817 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Congrats... Hope a NoDRM will also surface soon as well..
  18. gboss1's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Its so sad that while other devices are getting OS6, all that us Storm2 owners are getting is another OS5 release.


    Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
  19. aapierre's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gboss1 View Post
    Its so sad that while other devices are getting OS6, all that us Storm2 owners are getting is another OS5 release.


    Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    yeah poor poor storm users


    lol

    woe is me by the way
  20. gboss1's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    I downloaded the 973 update and wiped my phone and loaded. I'm 5 hours in and all seems well for now.

    Did anyone install this and notice the progress bar you see after doing a batt pull is thinner?

    Any other findings?

    Ps: Thanks BBLEAKS!


    Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
  21. Sanch0's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    143 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Anybody working on a 973 hybrid for the 9550? Haven't seen any hybrids up here in a while. Since lyricdal went on vacation.
  22. sc3800gsx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    461 Posts
    Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch0 View Post
    Anybody working on a 973 hybrid for the 9550? Haven't seen any hybrids up here in a while. Since lyricdal went on vacation.
    I want a full .973 java build. No .975. I hate the way my screen feels and how hard it is to click using java from keyboard phones. The 95xx builds all make the screen click easy. Use a phonee with a hybrid and then a full OS. Almost seems as the full OS clicks its own while the hybrids require much more pressure

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  23. Powdah's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,181 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,182 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    The word I got from BB Tech this morning while complaining about my 6th Storm2 ear piece distortion is there is a new software update that is presently in Verizon's hands and once they have done their tweaks will be released.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions