Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,114 Global Posts
    PIN
    The Tail On The Donkey
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default .323 9530 = 9550 no thanks

Well I was one the 9550 hype Bandwagon for the speed and more memory but since trying .323 (leak) I've decided thanks, but no thanks. This makes my storm many times better than what it used to be on .148 or even .151. So I'm no longer so tempted to upgrade to the 9550. Anyone else ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Why the sudden revelation? This was always the case as we knew the Software would come to both Storm 1 and Storm 2.

It's always been about the new multi-press touch screen, Wifi, and that little bit extra of memory.

So, I am a little confused why you posted this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2811f462

The memory and screen alone sold me for the S2.. The S1 will be my backup phone starting the 28th ...

for me hardware improvements are more important then OS
    Vzw Customer
    Droid X In hand ( Returned)
    BB 9650 ( Sold)
    Sprint Epic4g
    9810 Torch AT&T
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,114 Global Posts
    PIN
    The Tail On The Donkey
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

yes we all knew 5.0 was coming but never expected that the new OS would change the 9530 user experience this dramatically

CrackBerry Addict

Really? I have known that for months playing with the leaks. Ahh well. Let's be glad the software is getting better.

I agree the Screen hardware improvement is a big deal. So is Wifi. Also, we have almost always known the Storm2 was not going to be a huge update and that it would probably have the same CPU/GPU, etc.

Glad you are happy with the update!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I'm with the op on this. I was really thinking about the s2 for the subtle enhancements (ie screen, memory updates, and wifi support). But ever since the droid's been settling in I think I found my new phone. I was going to use my dad's upgrade to purchase a new phone but I think I'll wait for my own upgrade in December. In the meantime I'm enjoying os5 .323 (and soon to be .328).. with this software update I love the way my phone is working =)
    CrackBerry Addict

I am really confused by this Droid frenzy. I have read the same reviews and I just don't see it. It's a good device. But aside from the better browser... What does it got over the Storm2?

Gaming I suppose since it supports OpenGL... Have any of you actually played with a Android phone. It's not as polished as you guys think.

The only reason I could see someone getting a Android is for the games, web browser and ActiveSync support... Asside from that the UI is by far way better on a BlackBerry 5.0 OS...

Also the Motorola handheld I think looks kinda ugly... Don't get me wrong I think the Motorola Android on Verizon will be a good phone. And if it trips your trigger go for it... But I can't imagine people getting this excited when all you have seen are some static screen shots that quite frankly look fairly bland to me.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brian_peterson View Post
    I am really confused by this Droid frenzy. I have read the same reviews and I just don't see it. It's a good device. But aside from the better browser... What does it got over the Storm2?

Gaming I suppose since it supports OpenGL... Have any of you actually played with a Android phone. It's not as polished as you guys think.

The only reason I could see someone getting a Android is for the games, web browser and ActiveSync support... Asside from that the UI is by far way better on a BlackBerry 5.0 OS...

Also the Motorola handheld I think looks kinda ugly... Don't get me wrong I think the Motorola Android on Verizon will be a good phone. And if it trips your trigger go for it... But I can't imagine people getting this excited when all you have seen are some static screen shots that quite frankly look fairly bland to me.
    yeah idk either man , the droid looks good , but its really the fugly keyboard thats keeping me guessing .... very tempted to say screw it and get the verizon version of the HTC HERO .
    Lost count of how many phones I have had.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,527 Global Posts
    PIN
    Is mightier than the sword!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoolioPreludee View Post
    Well I was one the 9550 hype Bandwagon for the speed and more memory but since trying .323 (leak) I've decided thanks, but no thanks. This makes my storm many times better than what it used to be on .148 or even .151. So I'm no longer so tempted to upgrade to the 9550. Anyone else ?

I'm sure the new os for the 9530 is great, but an OS update is not going to give you wifi, more ram/app memory, or the new typing experience of Storm2.
    I am not Neo, but I am still the 1.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

To be completely honest, if my only option of the Storm was the Storm 1, I wouldn't get it. I'm a pretty furious texter & emailer, and to have the increased capability of speed when typing is complete heaven. The Storm 2 has shown what I want in a touch screen phone from Verizon.

We also just upgraded our internet, so the Wifi is a plus. I don't see myself using it much unless I'm at .. say .. school, a coffee shop, bookstore etc where I don't receive their 3G / EDGE network.

And the OS is a very flavorful icing on the top.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,171 Global Posts
    PIN

The 9550 is a beast. I know because i have it in my hands right now along with my 9530. The screen is a beast alone. I love how it doesnt click when the phone is locked or off. I think thats dope. And typing on it is so much easier than the 9530. And WiFi!!! Bro, if you can honestly say you will stick with your 9530 then by all means styay with it. But I know I'm getting another 9550 on the 28th =)
    AisforAustin:"You see me, you see my Blackberry - I don't go no where without it."
    Bold 9650 and HTC Droid Incredible //  MacBook User. // 05 Scion BSP tC.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Maske View Post
    To be completely honest, if my only option of the Storm was the Storm 1, I wouldn't get it. I'm a pretty furious texter & emailer, and to have the increased capability of speed when typing is complete heaven. The Storm 2 has shown what I want in a touch screen phone from Verizon.

We also just upgraded our internet, so the Wifi is a plus. I don't see myself using it much unless I'm at .. say .. school, a coffee shop, bookstore etc where I don't receive their 3G / EDGE network.

And the OS is a very flavorful icing on the top.
    Yeah, same here. Exactly what I wanted in a touchscreen phone. I also want to talk advantage of my godspeed internet.

CrackBerry Addict

Just for a translation here... BEAST and DOPE are a good thing?

For me BEAST == Bad so I am struggling here.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,917 Global Posts
    PIN
    ┌П┐(>_<)┌П┐

I'm still going for the storm2 even though the update is coming out for the storm1.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,171 Global Posts
    PIN

Just for a translation here... BEAST and DOPE are a good thing?

For me BEAST == Bad so I am struggling here.
    Yes BEAST = Good and Dope = Good
    AisforAustin:"You see me, you see my Blackberry - I don't go no where without it."
    Bold 9650 and HTC Droid Incredible //  MacBook User. // 05 Scion BSP tC.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,114 Global Posts
    PIN
    The Tail On The Donkey
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Thanks for the input Austin. By the way congrats on getting the 9550 from salomon for you Bday.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,114 Global Posts
    PIN
    The Tail On The Donkey
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

so if beast is good and dope is good as well so crack must be bad, and screen crack even worse. Hahahahahhah

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

For me its all about the wifi. I have almost no data service at my house so wifi will be a huge improvement. Will I get rid of my storm1? Nope, Im gonna keep it as a backup device.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts

Why the sudden revelation? This was always the case as we knew the Software would come to both Storm 1 and Storm 2.

It's always been about the new multi-press touch screen, Wifi, and that little bit extra of memory.

So, I am a little confused why you posted this.
    I dont think people are understanding.

Yes we knew the Odin and the storm 1 would have the same OS, but I never even imagined the Odin to look this clean. I dont think any of us expected .323 to function this way. by "this way" im sure you all know what I mean. NOthing has been detailed but I as well as a few others know that something was triggered in this new OS.

That is why people are changing minds. I dont think any of us on .323 expected 5.0 to incorporate whatever they are incorporating so soon.

I am still set on Odin, because of hardware and memory purposes, less about wifi but would be cool to just have that too never know when its in handy.

At this point, if you dont get Odin, your still going to have a great device, who would have thought that the OS could make your phone look different as well.

I mean even .230 wasnt enough to even make me consider not getting Odin, but with .323 ill be hoenst with you, sometimes I fell like IM holding Odin when Im not looking at my phone. Lol then I look at it and remember that I dont have Odin yet.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Soon :D

If software was always the ONLY issue with this phone, then yes, I'd say it makes no sense to get an Storm 2 because we have seen that the software can be excellent. Unfortunately, the hardware on this phone was terrible, beginning with end keys falling off, wiggling screens, uneven clicks, huge gaps around the screen, etc. Right now, the LED lighting on the second half of my buttons are gone, lol. Luckily, I have a screen that clicks really well and mine is a day 1 storm. Wifi + extra app memory seem really appealing right now, but I will hold out because I know I will kick myself when images leak of the next flagship blackberry that's most likely going to have a better camera + more features.
    You can't reason a person out of an opinion he didn't reason himself into.

Find me on Twitter: @mahen915
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Card Storm View Post
    I dont think people are understanding.

Yes we knew the Odin and the storm 1 would have the same OS, but I never even imagined the Odin to look this clean. I dont think any of us expected .323 to function this way. by "this way" im sure you all know what I mean. NOthing has been detailed but I as well as a few others know that something was triggered in this new OS.

That is why people are changing minds. I dont think any of us on .323 expected 5.0 to incorporate whatever they are incorporating so soon.

I am still set on Odin, because of hardware and memory purposes, less about wifi but would be cool to just have that too never know when its in handy.

At this point, if you dont get Odin, your still going to have a great device, who would have thought that the OS could make your phone look different as well.

I mean even .230 wasnt enough to even make me consider not getting Odin, but with .323 ill be hoenst with you, sometimes I fell like IM holding Odin when Im not looking at my phone. Lol then I look at it and remember that I dont have Odin yet.
    Damn, if that isn't a ringing endorsement of .32x i don't know what is.
    It's always darkest just before dawn.

running stock .1015
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts

I could care less what firmware version S1 gets, it simply doesn't work as well as S2. For some it might be enough, but not for me. S1 has been plagued with issues from the beginning. Namely the screen. And no matter who says what about S1 and their screen is fine, it doesn't matter it's NOT as good as the screen/input method of S2. Add the better camera on top of that. Wifi on top of that. More application memory on top of that. Better battery door on that.
    Again everyone is entitled to what makes them happy. But the fact remains that S2 is an upgrade to S1 and is better. That's the way it is and is supposed to be.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,527 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    I could care less what firmware version S1 gets, it simply doesn't work as well as S2. For some it might be enough, but not for me. S1 has been plagued with issues from the beginning. Namely the screen. And no matter who says what about S1 and their screen is fine, it doesn't matter it's NOT as good as the screen/input method of S2. Add the better camera on top of that. Wifi on top of that. More application memory on top of that. Better battery door on that.
    Again everyone is entitled to what makes them happy. But the fact remains that S2 is an upgrade to S1 and is better. That's the way it is and is supposed to be.
    Whoa whoa, better camera? I thought they both had 3.2 megapixels?
    Banned

Me too. My Storm 1 is perfect! I have about 20 apps or so apps installed with maybe 6 running at once and my memory still does not drop below 20MB!

Typing is perfect excellent for me, so i dont see why upgrade?

I just think alot of people here are trying to keep up with the jones
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,527 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by cpugeek4u View Post
    Me too. My Storm 1 is perfect! I have about 20 apps or so apps installed with maybe 6 running at once and my memory still does not drop below 20MB!

Typing is perfect excellent for me, so i dont see why upgrade?

I just think alot of people here are trying to keep up with the jones
    Mid-November, right?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast