Solar Storm is Coming

Here's a preview of new theme being worked on.

It's not another iPhone clone. It's not a spin off of OS6. It's something totally new (as far as I know). Just had an idea pop into my head, "Solar Storm" and then developed a theme around that. Will be released in three colors, hopefully something to suit almost anyone's taste

Theme is basically complete and was given to a couple of users to test. Everything was good - but as I was finishing up the theme I got talking to someone on an idea. If this works out I think it will be a really cool look. The original icon dock just toggled the 2 sets of 6 icons on the dock. But now working with someone (I'll mention who later when the code is done, just in case we don't get this working) to make the icon's scroll / orbit around the dock. It's Solar Storm, so an orbit around the dock just seemed perfect!

I'm holding off on the theme until the icon scroll code is done and tested. Just thought I'd give folks a preview of what's coming up. If the scroll doesn't work then it's back to the original idea (which isn't bad either).

I'll also be offering a special FREE "Lite" version of the theme as a way to thank the community for all the support of my themes (being a relative new developer) and give you a full taste of the theme before you commit your hard earned cash (I hear that's what people say they want - so I'll try it once, maybe twice if it works out).

OK - as I mentioned before, I'm no graphical artist. But I keep trying and did manage to put together the image above with the "preview" for this theme. I think it turned out nice given my limited graphical talents. But I'll let you be the judge of that

And here is the rough version of the road map for the screen layout.

Thanks for the read.... Have a great day!
    08-04-10 07:28 PM
    Feel free to PM me if you need a tester. Looks like my type of theme.
    08-04-10 07:56 PM
    Looks great! Hurry......hurry.....hurry.....
    08-04-10 10:02 PM
    Nice look and the animations sound awesome. Can't wait to see the real thing.
    08-05-10 06:26 AM
    I was fortunate to help test this out and it is very nice. Dock is super smooth and everything is very tastefully done. Keep an eye out for Bob.. He is on the move!!!!!!
    08-05-10 06:41 AM
    Feel free to PM me if you need a tester. Looks like my type of theme.
    I have a couple testers now. Will keep you in mind if I need another to help out. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 07:03 AM
    I was fortunate to help test this out and it is very nice. Dock is super smooth and everything is very tastefully done. Keep an eye out for Bob.. He is on the move!!!!!!
    Thanks for the call out Big Cat. Looking to add a little flare with the scroll being added. But want to be sure its just as smooth as you saw in the test version. Will drop u a PM when its available for test if you are still down for it.

08-05-10 07:08 AM
    NIce looking theme. Any idea when its will hit the streets?
    08-05-10 07:32 AM
    Thanks for the call out Big Cat. Looking to add a little flare with the scroll being added. But want to be sure its just as smooth as you saw in the test version. Will drop u a PM when its available for test if you are still down for it.

Sounds like a sweet addition to an already very well done theme. Send her on over when she is ready bro.....
    08-05-10 07:37 AM
    This looks really good Bob.. Keep doing what you're doing man!

08-05-10 07:38 AM
    NIce looking theme. Any idea when its will hit the streets?
    Right now have to wait on dev I am collaborating with to create code for the scrolling icons. First time we are working together so we will see how well we pull it together. I'd rather be sure its working well than rush it. I'd say within a week. But could be sooner too. All depends on how our schedules coordinate. Appreciate the interest.

08-05-10 09:40 AM
    Sounds like a sweet addition to an already very well done theme. Send her on over when she is ready bro.....
    Will do. Thanks!

08-05-10 09:43 AM
    This looks really good Bob.. Keep doing what you're doing man!

I'm guessing you have a wall that would just work perfect with this theme. Don't ya?

08-05-10 10:26 AM
    Lol.. Maybe.

08-05-10 02:17 PM
    Good news... bad news....

First the bad news.... the theme won't be ready for this weekend.

Now the good news.... the working prototype of the code is done, scroll is working.

There's still tweaking to do to get it 100%, but the hard part is done. Thanks to PADGOI who's the dev I partnered with on this theme. Padgoi and I were talking and we just both thought that it would be cool to integrate what he did with his scrolling "lock" icon in his latest AquaFresh theme with the application icons in Solar Storm. So we decided to team up and make it happen.

Still have to finalize the code, integrate into my original theme code and then get this out to the testers before I wrap it all up and get it posted on Mobihand.... but watch out for Solar Storm.... it's coming....

Have a great weekend!
    Last edited by Bob61; 08-06-10 at 05:31 PM.
    08-06-10 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD