First I am not looking for a free ride. But I am getting tired of buying themes that look cool and then finding I don't like the way they function or even look. To the theme devs is it that hard to put a trial up or something equal to a trial ? Again free themes are great but I have no problem buying something I am going to use. These 2 dollar expenses add up after a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 11:18 PM
    First I am not looking for a free ride. But I am getting tired of buying themes that look cool and then finding I don't like the way they function or even look. To the theme devs is it that hard to put a trial up or something equal to a trial ? Again free themes are great but I have no problem buying something I am going to use. These 2 dollar expenses add up after a while.

Understandable but doing trials is just another step for us to do on a finished product. When we list our apps for sale its actually a pretty long process per application. That's probably why most of us don't do trials. Our company on the other hands offers by one get one free all the time. We also have a guarantee if your not happy with it then why pay for it right? You will also notice that we post freebies in the forum but only if you leave feedback. Its crucial to know if our products are evn good enough to put up on the market. Keep in mind not every developer or development company may agree with us or honor what we do. You can at least know though coming from us we are as legit as it gets in selling and building apps. No hassle no beat around the bush and we know we can't please everyone but we all do our best.

Best of luck to you and feel free to try any of our out at anytime just be sure to leave your feedback thanks.

Smash@DOADesigns
    05-14-10 12:11 AM
    trials are not possible within the theme software used to make themes. recently, app devs have been able to write an app to offer trials for themes but to get that we have to pay for the trial, means you have to pay for the trial...

best safe guard is to be a more discerning buyer. loads of theme devs offer screens, manuals, videos, etc... to give potential customers a peek into their theme. Loads of folks post to the theme threads to share how they like it or how they are not liking it.
    05-14-10 12:37 AM
    Chaos Creations offers free trials for our best selling themes. Not that big of a deal to do.
    We just want to make sure that you know the quality you are getting.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-14-10 04:11 AM
    Just be sure to read the store 'Overview' and to see pictures of more than one screenshot. As a developer and Blackberry addict, I know how addicting it can be for themes. I say, if in doubt, don't buy it, there will always be more great themes coming out all the time. We at Lunars Edge Design are always trying to give the customer as much information about our themes (videos, pictures, details) as we can, so that the customer doesn't end up with something that is different than what they expected.
    05-14-10 07:26 AM
    Chaos Creations offers free trials for our best selling themes. Not that big of a deal to do.

Thank you, and this is why I look at your themes and another developer and have bought a lot of your themes.

It is almost like you are letting out a big secret that free trials are possible.

OP, check this person's themes out, his droid rage is a good one.

also check out BBThemeDesigns - Welcome To BBThemeDesigns, he offers free trials.
    05-14-10 07:29 AM
    ===== QUOTE dcburke789 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Thank you, and this is why I look at your themes and another developer and have bought a lot of your themes.

It is almost like you are letting out a big secret that free trials are possible.

OP, check this person's themes out, his droid rage is a good one.

also check out BBThemeDesigns - Welcome To BBThemeDesigns (http://www.bbthemedesigns.com), he offers free trials.
    Thanks Trucks! Glad you like Rage...its one of my favorites still

05-14-10 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the input, again I am not knocking ANY of the DEV's here, they are great! Sometimes I look at the screen shots and say wow that's cool I like it, then after I buy I find I don't like it LOL.
    05-14-10 11:19 AM
    This is one of the reasons why I pride myself on customer support and am always issuing upgrades on my themes based on user feedback. As DOA said, making trials is just another step in a lengthy process and it really is inconvenient to do.
    05-14-10 11:30 AM
    This is one of the reasons why I pride myself on customer support and am always issuing upgrades on my themes based on user feedback. As DOA said, making trials is just another step in a lengthy process and it really is inconvenient to do.
    Thanks I'm glad we're not the only ones that think that too. I believe as long as you provide the support and keep the customers happy as much as you can, that pays for itself. If a customers not happy with an app all they need to do is contact our dev team and we will either build to accommodate what their looking for or give them freebies for the inconvenience of not meeting their expectations.

PS like your work, seeing other developers on here and viewing their builds helps all of us in creating bigger and better theme apps. It keeps us motivated for those that stay on it.
    05-14-10 11:58 AM

I could be confused, but I believe i did a beta test with ya'll ???

Are not most themes that are built tested by users prior to release to "public" for sale ?
    05-14-10 04:47 PM
    We believe in customer service to.
    But have you ever bought a car you didn't test drive first?

05-14-10 04:51 PM
    ===== QUOTE dcburke789 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I could be confused, but I believe i did a beta test with ya'll ???

Are not most themes that are built tested by users prior to release to "public" for sale ?
    Yup. We thoroughly test them. But not all tastes are the same.
    That's why we do the free trials.
    Which isn't that hard by the way

05-14-10 04:54 PM
    I just say do free trials that's all.

05-14-10 05:12 PM
    the free trial these developers are speaking of lack the animation to the theme. IMO the animation is what makes a theme and for most people this is what they either like or don't like. I honestly would not call a precision zen version of a premium theme with animations a free trial. I also have provided the precision zen versions of the my themes for free, but if you look at my slideberry theme(which sold quite well) a precision zen version would have not been a trial of that theme at all. What made the theme special was the animation of the sliding dock, and that can not be included in a premium theme because themes can not expire.

edit: I apologize for any bad typos and sentences ... been drinking a little bit tonight .... lol
    05-14-10 09:27 PM
    The free trials I get, everything works on the theme. There is the words FREE TRIAL on the screen that you can't cover up with a wallpaper. You would never use it that way very long and a person gets the feel of the theme before buying it.

05-14-10 10:36 PM
    The free trials I get, everything works on the theme. There is the words FREE TRIAL on the screen that you can't cover up with a wallpaper. You would never use it that way very long and a person gets the feel of the theme before buying it.
    All of the animation and functionality are intact in our free trials.
    The watermark is the ONLY indication that its a trial

05-15-10 10:16 AM
    i agree with him....i have paid for themes cuz they looked HOT then once they were on my fone i didnt like the way it worked or some other stuff!
    05-23-10 09:32 PM
    ok, so i like to give solid responses to threads like this.....

1st sorry if this sounds rude, (tone never really comes across in text) but i spend a HUGE amount of time testing and putting my themes through the hoops... i don't do free versions or trial versions because i feel like there are a lot of impulse buyers out there and if they had a free trial they wouldn't purchase. and i'm not going to spend more time on a theme to make a free version! update a problem yes... make a trial no....

2nd yes $2.00 does add up, but this coming from a person with a $300.00 phone that spends 30 a month for data just is hilarious to me. themes are 100% vanity or preference purchases, they serve no other purpose then to make your gui look different, nobody NEEDS a theme... the reason i make themes is to make some extra money and i enjoy it.

3rd our themes are so complex in code and animation i wouldn't feel comfortable giving an under-rated free version out, you wouldn't be getting the real picture...

i'm just saying... if you want a coupon or something just pm the developer 9//10 here are going to help you out....
    05-23-10 09:55 PM

1st sorry if this sounds rude, (tone never really comes across in text) but i spend a HUGE amount of time testing and putting my themes through the hoops... i don't do free versions or trial versions because i feel like there are a lot of impulse buyers out there and if they had a free trial they wouldn't purchase. and i'm not going to spend more time on a theme to make a free version! update a problem yes... make a trial no....

2nd yes $2.00 does add up, but this coming from a person with a $300.00 phone that spends 30 a month for data just is hilarious to me. themes are 100% vanity or preference purchases, they serve no other purpose then to make your gui look different, nobody NEEDS a theme... the reason i make themes is to make some extra money and i enjoy it.

3rd our themes are so complex in code and animation i wouldn't feel comfortable giving an under-rated free version out, you wouldn't be getting the real picture...

i'm just saying... if you want a coupon or something just pm the developer 9//10 here are going to help you out....
    Totally agree with you on that but thats my own opinion guys so please don't bash me on that. What i suggest if you dont want to pay for themes then create your own and see the time and dedication it takes i mess around with theme builder and composer. Both still trying to get the hang of it. It takes alot of time to make something simple to do and AGAIN JUST MY THOUGHTS GUYS.
    05-23-10 10:26 PM
    I have a free trial available for all of my themes. Pictures can't do justice to a theme's feel and you should be able to test it before you buy it.
    05-23-10 10:28 PM
    I want to buy themes. I don't think I said I didn't. I just said I wanted to be sure I liked them before I bought them. Yes I have a $300 phone, and yes I pay for a data pack every month, and yes I have a good job with steady income and great job security. The thing is if I like a product I recommend it to people and look forward to buying more from that same person and frequently do. If I don't like it I go to other vendors to buy from.

So I guess that 2 dollars would start to add up for someone, in a positive income type of way, if I liked the product I bought and went back to the same person for more products.

Anyway my feeble mind and poor economical thinking can't handle any more discussion, I am back to the stock zen theme. That is where I will stay from now on and keep my 2 bucks in my pocket.
    05-23-10 10:58 PM

Finally, we are getting more of the truth out of this, I respect you for this. We have been reading that free trials are not possible, difficult to do, extra steps, ect...At least you put it out there why and was honest about it.

thanks
    05-24-10 08:40 AM
    Themes are "fluff" and I can't afford one, so I don't buy one. $2.00 or $200.00 If you buy it and don't NEED it, it's your choice. I commend you on standing up for your choice not to give away your time.
    P.S. I am an impulse buyer and almost always unhappy later. Who's fault is that?
    05-24-10 09:06 AM
    I'm not understanding the developers that say adding a free trial is difficult to do and say that their customer service more than makes up for it. That's a cop out.
    Its not difficult to do AT ALL.
    You just don't WANT to.
    The screen shots and youtube videos are nothing more than a trailer at the movies...The best parts of the theme spotlighted to entice the buyer.
    Like I've said before. You wouldn't buy a car and not test drive it first.
    Unless of course you'd be happy looking at a picture and a video of someone else driving it
    That's just my take on it.
    And Chaos Creations offers free trials on our best selling themes.
    It was a TAD extra work...but we did it so the consumer could get the full experience...

05-24-10 10:26 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD