Ok I've had the Storm 2 for sometime now and decided to get a Theme, I verified my OS which is the must current 5.0.
    I've selected two themes one that I purchased specifically for my 9550 OS 5.0, but after downloading it It does not show up under themes at all. The only one that I have available is the precision zen which we know is the default theme.

Also, only one of the two show up under the Applications tab under options.

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

TX
    05-20-10 03:21 PM
    Sounds to me like the download and install failed. But have you tried the ol' "batt pull"?
    05-20-10 05:06 PM
    Sounds like it did not download the theme for you.
    05-20-10 06:07 PM
    I've noticed a couple instances where a theme will install but not show up. Most common is when you install a theme either for the wrong device or OS (you install a lower OS for your model, eg 4.6 on a 5.0, but not the reverse).

The other times I've come across this issue I was able to get the theme to show up by playing with it's permissions (options/Applications/3rd party and right click on the theme and choose edit permission), then bat pull. For some reason I've had the best luck when setting permissions prior to installing (you'll see the option right above "download" on the install screen) unfortunately you don't get that with App World as it installs directly within the app. So if that's where you bought it can try contacting the publisher to see if they'll send you a direct OTA link.

Hope that helps. Keep us posted.
    05-20-10 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD