When I got my Storm2, I set my usual friends and family with certain ringtones, as I had on my Curve. However, I'm realizing that the remainder of my contacts, when I "edit" their particular contact name, and bring up "phone" under "Custom Ring Tones/Alerts"--the contacts I haven't set up with custom ringtones all show Ringer_ClassicPhone which is not what I want. I would like all my non-custom ringtone contacts to use the ringtone I've set for the particular Profile I'm using. Is there anyway to set these contacts to use the "active profile" for the ringtone, or change them all, en masse?
    Last edited by Whippetcat; 06-15-10 at 07:41 PM.
    06-15-10 07:39 PM
    good question, i'd like to know as well. anyone?
    06-15-10 08:06 PM
    You only click "Phone" under a contacts name when you want to give them a custom ringtone. When you open the menu there, the device believes you intend to give them a custom ringtone and defaults that selection to Ringer_Classic until you change it.

if you want to know what ringtone you have set for everyone except your custom ringtones then open the sound profiles app, scroll to the bottom, and click Edit Profiles and edit the ringtone there. Make sense?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 09:42 PM
    Basically as long as you don't mess with a contacts ringtone, they will use the active profile ring.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 09:43 PM
    Basically as long as you don't mess with a contacts ringtone, they will use the active profile ring.

Got it. It's a little confusing when you see the "classic ringer" set as a the ringtone (considering so many other parts of BB's menus just show you "use active profile")--but I understand it now. Thank you!
    06-16-10 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD