Revamped version of the Original PICNIC theme!

Hidden today/messages/sms (Tap the clock guy)
    and 5 hidden icons below the docked 5... tap above to show them.

The animation from for the today items is a must see! The dock icons hop up and hide behind the grass, then the big red guy comes up!
    Very quick.. no lag (on my S2)

Still needs some polish - but need a few testers to make sure there are no major bugs

Thanks!

09-18-10 11:35 AM
    Please let me test this. I had the first one and mistakenly deleted it and couldn't get it back. Looks cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 12:22 PM
    Sure thing!

Thanks StorminMama - check your PM

there is a surprise in it as well
    09-18-10 12:39 PM
    This so cute. Is there a Bold2 (9650 os 5.0) that you someone to test it for you? I love those icons!

09-18-10 01:00 PM
    Bold version will be next. I will keep your name

09-18-10 02:48 PM
    I would be happy to test for you if you're still looking for testers.

09-18-10 05:35 PM
    check your PM! Thanks!
    09-18-10 07:00 PM
    Just downloaded the beta and so far here's my thoughts.

Not a fan of the Application Banner Clock in portrait mode. The orange background on the clock just seems to clutter it. The landscape mode (where there is no orange background) is much cleaner. I suggest switching the portrait mode banner to look the same. I realize it's meant to be as though the orage background face thing is speaking the battery percent, but it seems cluttered.

The highlighted font in the message list (also the contacts and so on) is black and therefore is difficult to see clearly with the darker blue cursor. I suggest either making it white, which would make it stand out more, or lightening the dark blue cursor so the black is more visible.

]On the lock screen the owner name gets cluttered with the time. I suggest just moving the time down a bit and pehaps increasing the font size on the time as well.

This one is simply a personal preference..do with it as you wish....the two zen items added to the home screen currently have no icon animation. Because you have hidden hot spots (LOVE the hidden today feature you added) as well as the hidden dock button above the 5 icon dock, it might be cool to have a simply bouncing icon animation so you sort of seperate the two zen homescreen icons. You could also have the icon text bounce or flash as well along with an icon animation. Like I said, this is just a personal thought, others may not care about this but I think this differentiates the two homescreen icons from the hot spots.

Overall the theme is great. Very quick and smooth transitions. The today animation is really sweet. The Homescreen banner is a little bit cluttered in and of itself. Not sure if that's your intent or whether your going to polish it up a bit. Maybe just align the icons a little better so it doesn't look like they're scattered as much as they seem to be. (The little purple guy is cut of by the 3g sign and the profile icon is just kind of dropped in the middle. This may be because I don't have my wifi on or bluetooth so that could be the reason on my end. Like I said, overall great thing, just some minor touch ups to help raise the bar I'm sure your trying to achieve.
    09-18-10 08:36 PM
    I've had most of the day to play with this theme. I only have 2 suggestions. First, I'd suggest moving the hidden today guy up towards the top and moving the icons located on both sides up. I think this would make it more wallpaper friendly if someone wanted to use a different one. The other suggestion is to move the dial pad as the bottom row is slightly cut off. This is minor to me but some may have an issue with it.

All of the animations work smoothly and I don't see any lag switching from landscape to portrait. I don't see any lag at all. I like the blue menu with orange highlight, it looks nice. The font is easy to see and read. I also like the way you've done the hidden today feature. I think you did a great job...again. Thanks for letting me test this out for you. I know my review isn't very detailed but the theme is great and I didn't see a need for a long one.

ONE OTHER THING...I did notice with Facebook the menu is light gray and the menu text is white. Not sure if it's the app or theme.

Last edited by StorminMama; 09-19-10 at 02:47 PM.
    09-18-10 11:02 PM
    thank you both.. I'll get to work on these tomorrow and PM you both when an update is ready for testing! THANK YOU!.

Mama, that is facebook that does that.. i cant remember if it can be fixed. I think if i darken the text, then other menus wont show it.. i might need to just reset to default and see.
    09-19-10 08:44 PM
    addressing each one:

Just downloaded the beta and so far here's my thoughts.

Not a fan of the Application Banner Clock in portrait mode. The orange background on the clock just seems to clutter it. The landscape mode (where there is no orange background) is much cleaner. I suggest switching the portrait mode banner to look the same. I realize it's meant to be as though the orage background face thing is speaking the battery percent, but it seems cluttered.
    the landscape mode doesnt have anything? its unfinished. I will play a bit with the portrait banner....

The highlighted font in the message list (also the contacts and so on) is black and therefore is difficult to see clearly with the darker blue cursor. I suggest either making it white, which would make it stand out more, or lightening the dark blue cursor so the black is more visible.
    I just checked on this... its set to default? This is exactly how it would be on the default theme.....If I change this, it will have odd effects on other items.

]On the lock screen the owner name gets cluttered with the time. I suggest just moving the time down a bit and pehaps increasing the font size on the time as well.
    You see the lock screen? What OS are u running? I didnt know anyone with 5.0 saw the lockscreen anymore?

This one is simply a personal preference..do with it as you wish....the two zen items added to the home screen currently have no icon animation. Because you have hidden hot spots (LOVE the hidden today feature you added) as well as the hidden dock button above the 5 icon dock, it might be cool to have a simply bouncing icon animation so you sort of seperate the two zen homescreen icons. You could also have the icon text bounce or flash as well along with an icon animation. Like I said, this is just a personal thought, others may not care about this but I think this differentiates the two homescreen icons from the hot spots.
    the 2 zen item are not normal zen items. I cannot add the normal flash or bobble animation (easily) since these were done in the svg file (I dont really use composer anymore)... I will add a focus animation of some kind

Overall the theme is great. Very quick and smooth transitions. The today animation is really sweet. The Homescreen banner is a little bit cluttered in and of itself. Not sure if that's your intent or whether your going to polish it up a bit. Maybe just align the icons a little better so it doesn't look like they're scattered as much as they seem to be. (The little purple guy is cut of by the 3g sign and the profile icon is just kind of dropped in the middle. This may be because I don't have my wifi on or bluetooth so that could be the reason on my end. Like I said, overall great thing, just some minor touch ups to help raise the bar I'm sure your trying to achieve.
    The purple guy is holding the 3G sign, like the clock guy in the middle its supposed to be like that.
    I've had most of the day to play with this theme. I only have 2 suggestions. First, I'd suggest moving the hidden today guy up towards the top and moving the icons located on both sides up. I think this would make it more wallpaper friendly if someone wanted to use a different one. The other suggestion is to move the dial pad as the bottom row is slightly cut off. This is minor to me but some may have an issue with it.
    So, move the clock guy and 2 icons on the homescreen up more to expose more wallpaper? Ok...
    the dialpad cant be moved... i will tweak the banner some though and that may help it.

All of the animations work smoothly and I don't see any lag switching from landscape to portrait. I don't see any lag at all. I like the blue menu with orange highlight, it looks nice. The font is easy to see and read. I also like the way you've done the hidden today feature. I think you did a great job...again. Thanks for letting me test this out for you. I know my review isn't very detailed but the theme is great and I didn't see a need for a long one.

ONE OTHER THING...I did notice with Facebook the menu is light gray and the menu text is white. Not sure if it's the app or theme.
    Facebook always does this to my themes!!!! lol
    09-20-10 07:12 AM
    love the icons and looks great.would love to test for the bold also.thanx
    09-20-10 07:23 AM
    to my 2 storm testers... re-download the theme from the link i sent originally

thanks!
    09-20-10 08:30 AM
    Can you give me a link or PM me once again please...!!!
    09-20-10 08:02 PM
    um... no? You werent one of my 2 testers.
    09-21-10 07:06 AM
    Hey Static, I'd be happy to test on the storm 2 if you need another. If you recall, we'd corresponded this summer about a today version.

best wishes,
    dan
    09-21-10 08:26 AM
    Static, played with Picnic today and am very impressed. The annimation is nifty...very clever, smooth and fast. The Today screen is a great example of art meeting utility.

A couple of very minor suggestions:

Enlarge the incoming call number

On the home screen, change the contrast on the signal meter...it's very hard to read (but keep the "dialogue bubble"!)

Make the signal meter a "manage connections" hot spot.

Change the signal meter in landscape to match the rest of the theme.

THanks again!!
    09-21-10 09:03 PM
    I like the added animation for the selected icon. Still works smooth as silk for me! The few things I mentioned were minor things I thought others may notice. I personally thought the first version was great. Thanks again!

09-21-10 10:13 PM
    Thanks.. I'll get on these soon... (got too many things going at once!)
    09-22-10 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD