i HAVE BEEN TRYING TO UNLOCK MY BB STORM2 9550 VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMIZED FOR LIKE A YEAR NOW. AND NO MATTER THE PROCEDURE OR INSTRUCTION FOLLOWED, THE MEP2 DIALOGUE BOX WILL NOT COME ON. CAN ANYBODY HELP?
    09-22-13 02:44 AM
    Note: A SIM card is sometimes required to unlock the phone. The SIM card can be inactive. When you plan on using another carrier please make sure that you follow the instructions located in the first posting on this page.

1) Turn off the phone
    2) Turn on the phone
    3) Go to Settings, Click on Manage Connections, Select 'Turn All Connections Off'
    4) Click the Back Arrow Button (Next to the Red End Call button) and select Advanced Options and then SIM Card
    5) Hit the Settings Button (Button that has dots next to green call button) and select 'Show Keyboard'
    6) Type in "mepd" (please note that you will not see what you type on the screen). With some blackberrys you may have to type mepd in capital letters (MEPD). A new menu should drop down. If your phone is locked you will see "Active" or "Enabled" beside "Network".
    7) Type in "mep2" and another screen will pop-up prompting for the MEP (MEP2) code (Please note that you will NOT see what you type on the screen). Note: On the right hand side of the prompt you will see "X left", where X is the number of tries you have left to enter the code. NEVER let this number go below 4. Once you get to 0 your phone will be hard-locked.
    Exception: If nothing is prompting please make sure you are selecting each button by press the screen in.
    8) Enter the 8 or 16 digit unlock code and then press enter to confirm (only enter the unlock code once!!!!). You should get a "code accepted" message. Your phone is now unlocked!
    Exception: If phone says "code error" and the attempts stay the same (you start off with 10 attempts and still says 10 attempts after you enter the code) then continue with the instructions, this is just a glitch on the phone and your phone may still be unlocked.
    9) Go to Settings, Click on Manage Connections, Select 'Turn All Connections On'
    10) After the phone is unlocked, remove the battery while the phone is on, insert SIM as desired and re-insert the battery.
    09-22-13 08:39 PM
    thank you so much for the update. I had someone put me through all these procedure before and the problem was, I dont have "code accepted" message. And if I may say, somehow by chance later, I decided to change the network technology to GSM/UMTS, and then the phone recognized my T mobile simcard. but the problem is ever since then, I have not been able to operate on bbm, bb internet service, e.t.c all I could use the phone for is to call and send messages. when trying to follow what you asked me to do, I could see that I already have the "Network" as being "Inactive". I tried creating bb internet account on "https://bis.na.blackberry.com" with my bb pin and IMEI #, the message I received was " Cannot create account: Your BlackBerry� Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact Verizon Wireless at 1-800-922-0204 or [email protected]." Please what can I do?
    09-23-13 08:58 PM