Ok, not quite all monotone, but it has that old monochrome DOS feel...

welcome back to 1986

this is NOT complete (Almost!!) and not tested yet... so give it a try and post back

DOS Monochrome OTA
    02-16-10 03:18 PM
    Pretty cool old school look.
    Only played with it for a min. Only issues I see are berryweather thermometer is cut pretty bad on home screen and font in text messages seems kinda small.
    I really like the signal meter and how it says battery % in bottom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 11:33 PM
    berryweather thermometer... hmm any chance you could post up a screenshot?

ooo text messages are also green on white in mine (didnt check that) - will mess around with itmore - thanks!
    02-17-10 07:16 AM
    [IMG][/IMG]
    There ya go.
    02-17-10 07:22 AM
    thanks... ok. looks like its the font - will change it
    02-17-10 07:32 AM
    No problem. Anything else, just holla.
    02-17-10 07:34 AM
    Ok, it has been updated a bit. changed the font in a few places so it will show better
    changed some background colors so the text could still be black in BBM & sms etc...

should help

redownload from the OTA link
    02-17-10 08:03 AM
    Rebooting now. I'll let you know if anything else jumps out at me.
    02-17-10 08:23 AM
    I love this theme. I'm testing it out in the storm 2 and the only issue I've come across is most of the icons get cut off in the app switcher box that pops up when you hold the BB button down. It only seems to do it on some of the icons and only when you highlight them.
    Like the previous poster I love the signal meter stars and the battery meter percentage at the bottom of the screen. Nice touch with those. =)
    Just a request but don't particularly care if you don't want to or can't since I love the theme as is and I don't make themes so I have no idea how hard it is to change stuff around on themes but it would be nice to have a 4 or 5 icon version too and maybe a weatherbug version but like I said earlier I love the theme as is so do as you will lol. Keep up the great work and sorry for rambling a bit.
    Last edited by Xeero; 02-17-10 at 10:49 AM.
    02-17-10 10:45 AM
    I thought of doing a weatherbug version but it makes it look less "authentic" since it looks new.. lol

I will mess around with some things and see what I can come up with.
    02-17-10 10:56 AM
    How about a berryweather hotspot? Then itd be on the user of they wanted to do the weather wallpaper. If not just hit the hotspot for the weather.
    Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 11:20 AM
    great job on this theme! simple, but distinctive and has character.

i'm also noticing the cut off icons when in the app switcher, not a huge deal but its there.

if you have the wherewithal, i'd love a hidden today version as i live by my calendar. the same font and font size you have set for the icon labels might work, or maybe even a bit bigger. any effort at all is appreciated though.

same goes for the weather hotspot. i'd like one of those too on this theme, but the effect is broken if you use the actual weather app's homescreen icon. i'm really liking the consistency of this theme throughout the phone.

last suggestion i'd make is the messages screen. right now it's light green on muted green in the messages list, which makes it tough to read sometimes. might be better if the background is black like the homescreen, with bright green lettering to denote the sender/subject in the list. also, the unread envelope icon is dark and not very clear.

thanks a lot!
    02-18-10 12:46 PM
    Haha... Sweet theme. Why hadn't anyone else thought of this? Looks good
    02-22-10 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD