not sure why i called it "Tech" lol i guess it just popped in my head.

Once this is done, it will be free

so, anyone who wants - feel free to play with it and shout some feedback.
    I actually do not own a storm2 (yet - 12/23!) but in preparation for it - i started playing with composer/theme builder 5.0 (very cool)

EDIT:Dock changed - 1 dock (2 sides slide in) with 8 icon slots
    added one single icon slot below the clock for weather or favorite app (it should be the 9th icon position)

-the Sun is the signal meter and sets as it gets worse.
    -the Moon is the battery meter and fades to a new moon as the battery drains
    -the wifi meter (not shown) will appear on the globe as a radio tower

let me know what you think, what works, doesnt work... etc

Thanks to all who have helped me figure this stuff out!!

EDIT: Zip file updated with most icons plus fix for weather app?
    Last edited by StaticFX; 12-23-09 at 12:05 PM.
    12-21-09 08:34 PM
    I'm going to try it now.
    12-21-09 08:44 PM
    will certainly give it a try. thanks
    very creative theme
    12-21-09 08:45 PM
    Am I missing the ota? I'm using the mobile site so I didn't know if I could are it or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 08:46 PM
    i only have it as DM download sorry - i will figure out the OTA at some point lol
    12-21-09 08:48 PM
    It is a nice start. I really like the earth/blackberry background. Will you be skinning all the icons? I think it would be nice to move the customizable buttons to the top row, or is it possible to make all 4 rows customizable?

A few things I have found:
    1. When someone calls before you answer their company name is smushed to the bottom left.
    2. It is hard to click the top row of icons because the sun hot spot is so large.
    3. The buttons don't always seem to work. It sometimes loads or makes the bar go back in.
    4. The menus come out just by touch, no need to click. Not sure if that is on purpose or not.
    12-21-09 09:41 PM
    Thanks for the feedback! The background was what started the whole idea for the theme...(found the earth pic and thought it needed something )

Yes, I will eventually skin the icons
    Sure, the 4 rows could be customizable - i will change it if enough people like that idea.

1) company? (is that caller info?)
    2) click as in activate the app? or select? maybe i should try to render homescreen over banner?
    3) its supposed to make the bar go back in on activate... will have to play more
    4) yes, menus are supposed to come out on focusin
    12-21-09 09:48 PM
    I just pulled my battery to see if it would work better.

1. When my sister was calling me, the company name I have in her contact showed up half off the screen at the bottom left. Once I answer, it is small in the center.
    2. When the top bar opens, the last 2 are under the sun click area. If you put your finger on the sun, a box shows up 4 times larger then it needs to be. It's almost impossible to to click the BBM and text icons since the sun hotspot is over it.
    3. Seems to work better after the battery pull.

In the 3rd row it has clock and calendar. These technically aren't needed, since you have hotspots for them above.
    12-21-09 10:04 PM
    ok thanks!!!
    12-21-09 10:05 PM
    the more i mess around with this, the more i dont like the 4 docks. not really needed. So, i want to change it to 1 dock with 2 parts - each sliding in from a side to meet in the middle. Holding 8 icons... any thoughts?

I was thinking rusty looking?

EDIT: I tried "rusty" not liking it....
    Last edited by StaticFX; 12-22-09 at 09:22 AM.
    12-22-09 09:20 AM
    the more i mess around with this, the more i dont like the 4 docks. not really needed. So, i want to change it to 1 dock with 2 parts - each sliding in from a side to meet in the middle. Holding 8 icons... any thoughts?

I was thinking rusty looking?

EDIT: I tried "rusty" not liking it....
    That would also look good.
    12-22-09 12:31 PM
    i found a nice "steel" panel - created 2 that "connect" in the middle and am currently skinning the icons.

(see attach)

I have a question! How do I let the user set the first icon to weather so it shows below the clock (see the messages icon?)

I have the svg loaded for the sliding docks .... wait. I need to do it in composer correct? add another icon and the user can put it in the... 9th spot? then it will show.

Please let me know if this looks cool and if I am thinking correctly for the weather
    Last edited by StaticFX; 12-22-09 at 01:57 PM.
    12-22-09 01:11 PM
    Looks very cool! Have you tried out diferrent icon sets? I think it would be cool with a set of skinned icons.

I'm not at home now, and I'm using a Mac, so i can't dl the zip/desktop download.

But, looks promising with some work!
    12-22-09 02:42 PM
    check the last image - it shows some of the new icons. found a cool set of "web" icons that i am altering for this

Thanks!
    12-22-09 02:47 PM
    I found the tabs a little annoying also. Maybe it would be better if they were set to be out on default, and then you could hide them if you don't like them. I also like your new idea. I like the steel. Maybe you could move it down or put 4 other icons at the bottom also. The theme I currently use and love has 2 buttons at the top and then 8 that can be shown or hidden. What I have seen people do is program button 9 and 10 for the top buttons.

Are there new files uploaded that I can download and try? Also on the right side of the earth, is that a nuke going off? I did notice sometimes the sun freaks out and isn't in the right spot. As soon as I open something and then close it the issue goes away.

What triggers it to open or close?
    Last edited by white2003; 12-22-09 at 03:41 PM.
    12-22-09 03:39 PM
    Hmm interesting.... I may gave this a try...
    12-22-09 04:42 PM
    The sun is the signal meter. Odd that it freaks out!
    I will try to get new files uploaded tomorrow. I have skinned most of the icons. And there is one spot for weather or a fav app.

Thanks all for the feedback!

12-22-09 08:07 PM
    Thanks for the free theme gonna give it a try and report any issues or suggestions.
    12-22-09 09:26 PM
    Updated the zip to include the changes:

single dock (double sided)
    8 icon slots
    1 icon slot (9th position) for weather or fav app
    12-23-09 07:33 AM
    I'm trying it now. Are you excited that you are getting your Storm2 today?
    12-23-09 07:48 AM
    much to be excited about; it is a very cool device.
    12-23-09 07:58 AM
    The 9th position slot for weather will need to have the name turned on so it shows the weather. That is all I found so far.
    12-23-09 08:50 AM
    wait.. lol.. i didnt notice that it was missing! How do I show the text in composer?
    (also, is there a way to change some text to black and others to white?)

Thanks!
    12-23-09 09:08 AM
    Hey staticfx I have a suggestion when you select the sun the list opens up in blue how about making it yellow.

12-23-09 09:15 AM
    that would effect all menus ( i think... right?)
    12-23-09 09:36 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD