is there anything to fix this? why is it so bad? i know youtube is bad too but read a bit about that just was wondering why it doesnt get clear
    05-07-09 10:04 PM
    If you want the "full" version of a picture on a website try this. . . .

1. Put your browser in "cursor" mode. (tap the screen lightly and click on the little arrow at the bottom of the screen)

2. Move your cursor over the picture that you want to view

3. Hit your blackberry button

4. Select "Full Image"

This will allow you to see the picture in its original state. (a lot better quality)

Hope this helps you out!
    05-07-09 10:38 PM
    Zoomed pictures look terrible because the Storm, like any phone, uses digital zoom. That means the lens doesn't actually move. The picture is simply enlarged so that you have the illusion of zooming in. And a terrible illusion it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

EDIT: Unless you meant pictures on a site, in which case the clarity is dependent upon the image resolution...
    05-07-09 10:42 PM
    Jimmeh is right about the digital zoom. Using it lowers the resolution of the photo. You're better off not using the zoom at all and cropping the picture later to get whatever it was you wanted to zoom in on. Unless you just want the picture to stay on the phone, of course and not work with it on a computer. That's why if you have the camera set at 2048 x 1536 the picture will end up being 1024 x 768 or 640 x 480 as you zoom in. The zoom is merely cropping the photo for you and not doing a very good job of it.
    05-07-09 11:10 PM
    yeah it looks very bad i never had this problem with my treo but once I got a blackberry i notice the quality was bad terrible i wish they would fix the web browser or skyfire would hurry up and come out.
    05-08-09 02:26 AM
    media on the web pages
    05-08-09 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD