Can anyone help me out with the Zain network Service books?
    Last edited by indidarkblu; 03-18-09 at 09:32 AM. Reason: being more specific
    03-18-09 12:20 AM
    what are those?
    03-18-09 04:21 AM
    The Service books are the modules needed by blackberrys to surf the web , they are network specific. I have seen some posted for at&t and t-mo.

I have an unlocked storm and need to use it internationally with a Zain sim card.

Any ideas?

*Found under options> advanced options > service books*
    03-18-09 09:29 AM
    Am desperate for Zain service books. anyone to help!
    07-10-10 08:03 AM
    If that carrier doesn't sell BBs, you'll NEVER find service books that work with that network. That's the problem with Blackberries... they require the carrier to have a provisioning partnership with RIM in order for the BB Data capabilities of the phone to work. That means most things like native browser, email, and pretty much any service that requires BIS/BES to function, won't without a service book. Some things like OperaMini can run over SOCKS if you have the right settings and you can use standard data on that carrier.

Sorry, that's just how it is... A Blackberry is NOT a Smartphone in the traditional sense of the word because the provisioning on them requires more then just carrier activation.
    07-10-10 10:04 AM
    My network carrier do sell BB's. I have downloaded the Opera Min, but it cannot work as well.

Help with settings!
    07-13-10 08:15 AM
    Am desperate for Zain service books. anyone to help!
    Can anyone help me out with the Zain network Service books?
    I have the generic service books for Zain. These are from Zain Nigeria, but I think they may work for any of the Zain networks, definitely worth a try.

http://www.bbicons.com/servicebooks/...rvicebooks.zip

Let me know if you have any questions about installing them, hope this helps
    Last edited by bbicons; 11-06-10 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added link
    11-06-10 11:59 AM
    Hello All, I am getting an unlocked 9530 bb storm from a dealer close to me whom has them unlocked. He is putting me on this new company Simple Mobile and they supposedly do not support them according to Simply mobile. If any one has any smart info for me I would appreciate your imput. I am paying $60.00 monthly unlimited plan for the data and voice, text. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by stonecoldfyu; 11-07-10 at 09:52 PM.
    11-07-10 09:03 PM
    Hello All, I am getting an unlocked 9530 bb storm from a dealer close to me whom has them unlocked. He is putting me on this new company Simply Mobile and they supposedly do not support them according to Simply mobile. If any one has any smart info for me I would appreciate your imput. I am paying $60.00 monthly unlimited plan for the data and voice, text. Thank you in advance.
    stonecold,

Can you provide more information on this mobile carrier? (i.e. their website address, where their coverage is located, etc) I'm not familiar with them. Did you previously have a BlackBerry device of any model with this carrier?
    11-07-10 09:08 PM
    no i have never had service with them so i was curious about what every one else had to say. I do have them as of right now on a clone jap apple i phone but do not like the phone. Most of it is is japaneese and i dont understand it so he is getting me the storm in place of it. Do a search for simple mobile and you will see it i do not have enough post to put the link up.
    Last edited by stonecoldfyu; 11-07-10 at 09:26 PM.
    11-07-10 09:18 PM
    they have coverage across the USA according to there maps.
    Last edited by stonecoldfyu; 11-07-10 at 09:52 PM.
    11-07-10 09:19 PM
    I have a room mate that got his 9530 unlocked off of ebay and took it to the guy i deal with and they put him on there and thats how we found out they do not support the storms except for voice,text. But i have a 8350i bb on boost and only pay $50 a month and my wife wants that lmao.
    11-07-10 09:23 PM
    Well a few things have to happen in order for BlackBerry Data to work on this network:

1. They have to support BlackBerry (overall)
    2. To get a blackberry model that is unsupported to work, you'd have to copy service books from a blackberry model that IS supported by simply mobile.

If you are unsure about providers, you may want to try getting the storms flashed to metro pcs- I believe you can get BB data working on there.

send me the website for this "simply mobile" if you can.
    11-07-10 09:41 PM
    i have sent you a personal message with the address.
    11-07-10 10:14 PM
    they do support bb but just not the 9530 storm.
    11-07-10 10:15 PM
    This company does not "officially" support blackberry. They probably told you that you can get internet on the bb device but they do not have a partnership with RIM for push email.

Go here and follow the instructions to set up the various items:

Configurator

These are some other instructions i've seen how you would go about setting up a third-party web browser for blackberry:

For the Blackberry:
    (MMS is not currently supported on simplemobile using a blackberry)

Blackberry – Data Connectivity and Browsing
    Note: You must download a 3rd
    party browser to access the internet (see steps below).
    Setting the APN
    1. Select Options or Settings and then select Options.
    2. Select Advanced Options.
    3. Select TCP (Option will say TCP/IP on OS 4.6 and higher).
    4. If applicable, check mark the APN Settings Enabled box.
    5. Enter simple as the APN. Ensure no entries in the username or password fields.
    6. Click the back arrow and then select Save.

Opera Browser Download and Installation

From a Blackberry Wi-Fi Connection:

1. Select the Manage Connections icon.
    2. Checkmark the Wi-Fi checkbox.
    3. Select Setup Wi-Fi.
    4. Select Scan for Networks.
    5. Connect to an available network.
    6. Open the Browser icon.
    7. Select Go to from the Blackberry menu key and go to http://mini.opera.com (NOTE: If the
    browser still says no network connection press the menu button, select Options  General,
    and switch to the Hotspot browser.
    8. Download/install the Opera Mini browser.
    9. Once installed, power cycle the Blackberry.
    Opera Browser Download and Installation

From a personal computer (Blackberry Desktop Manager is required):

1. Go to Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers.
    2. Click the Download Opera Mini link.
    3. Select your Blackberry model from the drop-down list.
    Note: If you don’t see your specific Blackberry model, choose Opera Mini generic
    4. Follow the prompts and download the software to the desktop.
    5. Right-click the downloaded software and select Extract All (a new, unzipped folder will appear
    on the desktop).
    6. Plug the Blackberry in to the PC via USB cable connection.
    7. Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    8. Click on the Application Loader icon.
    9. Click the Browse button and browse to the downloaded and unzipped folder and then select
    the operette-hifi-en-us-nojsr75.alx file.
    10. Click Next from the Blackberry Desktop Manager and follow the installation prompts.
    11-08-10 03:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD