I love my Storm, but one of the very few issues I have with it is the quality of the YouTube videos.

I have friends that have the iPhone (imagine that), and the Touch Pro. The YouTube videos on both of theirdevices are stellar, BUT on my Storm, the YouTube videos are so GRAINY that it�s embarrassing.

Our Storms have a high resolution screen, so why the lower quality YouTube videos?? Does anyone know why?? And if so, is there a fix??

Thanks for reading.
    08-07-09 11:16 PM
    its not going to get any better until google/youtube redo their app for blackberrys
    08-07-09 11:20 PM
    its not going to get any better until google/youtube redo their app for blackberrys
    Yeap right now the application from Google is optimized for the smaller screens like the Curve, Tour etc. I wish that they'd make it where the storm version actually was optimised for the larger display.
    08-08-09 01:04 AM
    I love my Storm, but one of the very few issues I have with it is the quality of the YouTube videos.

I have friends that have the iPhone (imagine that), and the Touch Pro. The YouTube videos on both of theirdevices are stellar, BUT on my Storm, the YouTube videos are so GRAINY that it�s embarrassing.

Our Storms have a high resolution screen, so why the lower quality YouTube videos?? Does anyone know why?? And if so, is there a fix??

Thanks for reading.
    Yes they need to hurry up with this. It looks awful!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 01:31 AM
    It sad to read this, but what can we do... .
    08-08-09 05:56 AM
    Well for quick things I use the youtube app but I really want to see some thing I use vision youtube app quality is much better

08-08-09 06:29 AM
    amen

they all suck

this is one point (along with the browser/apps) that might have me jumping ship from BB soon...i saw youtube on the pre, g1 and its beautiful

anyone know of a way we can email youtube and suggest this (as if they dont already know!)?
    08-08-09 06:55 AM
    We can all send youtube an email and tell them how we feel.

08-08-09 07:07 AM
    If you have a youtube video that you want to keep/view on the Storm at a higher resolution:

h ttp://www.videotomp4.com (remove the space between the h ttp)

It's free and takes just a few seconds on broadband to convert to mp4. Keep in mind that many youtube videos are not high resolution to begin with, so GIGO.
    08-08-09 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD