It might have been asked before, but does anyone know whether the VZW Storm has the YouTube App, that's on the Vodaphone version of the Storm?
    11-15-08 10:33 AM
    It might have been asked before, but does anyone know whether the VZW Storm has the YouTube App, that's on the Vodaphone version of the Storm?
    Yes it will have the YouTube app.
    11-15-08 10:36 AM
    Yes, thank you...this is good news to hear
    11-15-08 10:38 AM
    Look here, Newbie! I was asking someone who might have actually used the storm before, not someone who is probably waiting like me to see it in person! lol, by the way, is the app just using mobile youtube? or is it full yourtube, as seen on the Iphone?
    11-15-08 10:39 AM
    Look here, Newbie! I was asking someone who might have actually used the storm before, not someone who is probably waiting like me to see it in person! lol, by the way, is the app just using mobile youtube? or is it full yourtube, as seen on the Iphone?
    Excuse me I'm sorry sir. Please forgive me. It is just like the application on the 9500.

*crosses fingers*
    11-15-08 10:41 AM
    Excuse me I'm sorry sir. Please forgive me. It is just like the application on the 9500.

*crosses fingers*
    Haha, it's ok son, you are new to blackberries, and I just wanted someone who knew what they were talking about to reply to me. I am kind, just as I am all powerful, so you are forgiven.
    Last edited by briankeith513; 11-15-08 at 11:23 AM.
    11-15-08 10:43 AM
    I don't believe the iPhone has "full" youtube...I have an iPod touch and I believe it's just an application designed specifically for the iPhone/iPod touch where it lists the popular videos of the day/week and such. It's better than mobile youtube but I don't think it's "full" youtube
    11-15-08 10:44 AM
    Well im just glad it can play the youtube videos. After seeing it actually play a video off of Youtube it was amazing!
    11-15-08 10:45 AM
    I don't believe the iPhone has "full" youtube...I have an iPod touch and I believe it's just an application designed specifically for the iPhone/iPod touch where it lists the popular videos of the day/week and such. It's better than mobile youtube but I don't think it's "full" youtube
    Yeah, I'm just hoping that it is comparable to the Iphone's app. If not, as long as there's a Youtube app, based off of mobile youtube, and it plays in full screen, I'm still happy.
    11-15-08 10:50 AM
    Yeah, I'm just hoping that it is comparable to the Iphone's app. If not, as long as there's a Youtube app, based off of mobile youtube, and it plays in full screen, I'm still happy.
    Yeah, I'm right there with you
    11-15-08 11:02 AM
    BB supports RTSP streaming, so even if there is no Youtube app, you can watch videos on Youtube using the browser.
    11-15-08 11:04 AM
    great to hear!
    11-15-08 11:11 AM
    BB supports RTSP streaming, so even if there is no Youtube app, you can watch videos on Youtube using the browser.
    I hope you are correct about this, but I will point out that m.youtube.com does not work on the Storm Simulator. Try to watch a m.youtube video in the Simulator and you'll get the following error: "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld."
    11-15-08 11:28 AM
    Weird even LG dumb phones can stream m.youtube videos.
    11-15-08 11:48 AM
    The simulator might need wap connection setup for it to work. Bold has that feature, so Storm will have it for sure.
    I hope you are correct about this, but I will point out that m.youtube.com does not work on the Storm Simulator. Try to watch a m.youtube video in the Simulator and you'll get the following error: "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld."
    11-15-08 11:59 AM
    Yes, even my Curve 8330 can do mobile YOUTube, my question was just pertaining to a YOUTube app.
    11-15-08 12:15 PM
    This is true. But just to be clear it would not be on YouTube. You would need to use m.youtube.com if you wanted to just straight up stream the videos from YouTube with out using the YouTube app.
    11-15-08 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD