Is it just me or didn't anyone esle notice she mentioned a YouTube app in the App Store? The App Store is old news (unless of course they are releasing it sooner than next March, that would be new news), but in the T3 video she specifically makes mention of a YouTube App!

Didn't anyone else notice this comment? A YouTube application! Come on now. That's exactly what we needed!

The storm looked quick and snappy too. Didn't really notice any lag. Man am I jazzed. Especially considering Verizon is holding this thing until they are satisfied with it's performance. Heck, I'd take the one she was holding, that thing was rock'n!

But the news here I think is the possibility of a YouTube App. Not just the little, scaled down, red headed step child m.youtube.com, but a real YouTube App. Have I said YouTube App yet?
    11-06-08 05:30 PM
    Wait... what are you looking for? A Youtube App?

heheheheh, sorry, I just couldn't resist. And I agree, that would be awesome!
    11-06-08 05:33 PM
    Wait... what are you looking for? A Youtube App?

heheheheh, sorry, I just couldn't resist. And I agree, that would be awesome!
    That's funny you should ask. It just so happens I'm in the market for a YouTube App on a Storm. What a coincidence that you should ask. Small world afterall...but plenty of room still left for a YouTube App on the Storm
    11-06-08 05:43 PM
    yeah i heard that lets hope the pic quality is comparable to iphones youtube app and she did say that it was a 3g speed phone so i think i might get that instead of the verison one
    11-06-08 05:46 PM
    yeah i heard that lets hope the pic quality is comparable to iphones youtube app and she did say that it was a 3g speed phone so i think i might get that instead of the verison one
    I hope the qulity is on par too.

The Veri(z)on Storm is 3G
    11-06-08 05:52 PM
    Ya, because it's too hard to just use the browser for youtube.
    11-06-08 07:17 PM
    It is pretty tough, unless you've found a Flash plugin or don't mind using Mobile YouTube.
    11-06-08 07:40 PM
    I'd love to see you use the browser for youtube. No pics I'm calling BS (sorry I couldn't resist )

I think I already addressed the m.youtube.com thing in my original post...so have at it skipper how's this going to work?
    11-06-08 07:47 PM
    Well i Just found out that it does. This morning before school i checked google news for the latest news and this is what i found...

"However, the amount of applications, including the finest mobile YouTube experience we've seen after the iPhone"

btw its at the tech radar website under phones and communications...cant post link as im only on my third post.
    11-06-08 08:50 PM
    Thought this may make you happy...

11-06-08 09:45 PM
    I'd love to see you use the browser for youtube. No pics I'm calling BS (sorry I couldn't resist )

I think I already addressed the m.youtube.com thing in my original post...so have at it skipper how's this going to work?
    Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the problem with m.youtube.com again? Works fine for me. The video scaling shouldn't be an issue on the Storm. A lot of that has to do with the live encoding the RIM proxy servers do for you as you play the content. The videos should be scaled larger for the Storm due to the speed of its network connection.
    11-06-08 11:36 PM
    isn't M.Youtube.com all only a partial amount of youtubes library convertered for mobile phones?
    11-07-08 01:45 AM
    isn't M.Youtube.com all only a partial amount of youtubes library convertered for mobile phones?
    Bingo! Mobile Youtube only has a small subset of videos compared to the regular site.
    11-07-08 03:20 AM

Wow, that is a sharp picture for once. My pretty eyes approve. All the other blurry pics and vids need to get with it...
    11-07-08 03:26 AM
    The KnowYourMobile review has a demo of the app being used at 2:13. I'm impressed.

I thought the Youtube app was in the works for a while now or did I have an epiphany??!!
    Last edited by jmohanraam; 11-07-08 at 06:16 AM.
    11-07-08 06:12 AM

Now that's what I'm talking about!
    Last edited by czm2000; 11-07-08 at 01:23 PM.
    11-07-08 09:47 AM
    Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the problem with m.youtube.com again? Works fine for me. The video scaling shouldn't be an issue on the Storm. A lot of that has to do with the live encoding the RIM proxy servers do for you as you play the content. The videos should be scaled larger for the Storm due to the speed of its network connection.
    Streaming is not the issue. It's availability of content. Not only the amount of content available, but the time it takes for it to become available. Not all videos on YouTube are on m.youtube.com. sometimes videos are left out for one reason or another, hence the Red Headed stepchild anology.

A YouTube app will be rock'n. I don't know of any that don't give you full access to all the content on YouTube. I used to love using CorePlayer's YouTube app on my XV6800. I would load content for our company and would select to share with YouTube mobile. I would then look for it on m.youtube.com and it could sometimes take a half a day or more to get converted for m.youtube.com and become indexed so it could be found. With the YouTube app, it was available in minutes. Can't beat that. Plus having access to all YouTube content is something I have a need for. I'm not a watch the kid fall on his skateboard over and over again kind of guy. I actively participate in Video Search Engine Marketing and YouTube is an important part of that.
    11-07-08 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD