Well, I was trying really hard to keep this phone in mint condition, since I have a bad habit of damaging my cell phones. Was perfect for about a month, but dropped it on it's corner right onto concrete the other night. Busted right through my silicone case and knicked the chrome off the corner with a small gash.

Anyone else still in mint condition, or are you going to make me feel better and say you have some nicks and scratches too?
    03-24-09 05:57 AM
    nope ... my phone hasnt seen a drop higher then 2 centimeters. lol
    i baby my phone
    03-24-09 06:27 AM
    I've had mine for 2 weeks and it's in new condition, even with moderately heavy daily use. It's always in OEM leather pouch when not used and sits in my pocket. Touch wood it'll remain in this condition for a very long time.
    03-24-09 06:37 AM
    I've had my second storm since about 1 month after the initial launch. I have the phantom skin on it, and a silicon case. It got launched out of my jacket pocket the other day while getting out of the car and bounced under the car. Didn't expect the silicon to bounce on concrete like that. I was about in tears! Not a single scratch or nick or sign of the unfortunate event.
    03-24-09 06:49 AM
    I dropped my phone and got a small indention on the chrome bezel. The only exposed place while its in its leather case. Since I found out about the cnn website out of hong kong I don't sweat it, going to order a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 07:04 AM
    Yes, mine is.
    03-24-09 07:04 AM
    ...Since I found out about the cnn website out of hong kong I don't sweat it, going to order a new one.

You can order a new Storm on the CNN web site? Can you explain that please?
    03-24-09 07:06 AM
    I think I'm going to get one off those otter boxes for it. They look like a very good protective case and they don't look too bad. Also have a belt clip attachment for them so that's handy sometimes. I might not keep it in the box all the time, but depending on what I'm going to be doing that day decide if I need it or not.
    03-24-09 07:13 AM
    The Otter Box for the storm is the way to go. They are coming out with a new face plate that will be better for typing. I bought my Otter Box the same day as my storm and nothing out there is better for protection that I have seen.
    03-24-09 07:20 AM
    My Storm was mint until 2 weeks ago, I was walking to my car after work and slipped on ice while the phone was in my hand. I landed on my hand and smashed the phone onto the concrete to break my fall. The face of the phone looks like 'coffee cakes' from Bronx Tale with all the marks on it, but still works like before after taking a body slam from a 6'4, 300lb guy. Good job RIM. Bad job BrunoMagli, no traction on these shoes.
    03-24-09 07:53 AM
    Mine fell out of my pocket under my car. Good thing I had my case on. Still mint

03-24-09 08:41 AM
    Perfect condition but my earrings made a small scratch right above the screen kinda under the LED.
    Last edited by Sha Bby; 03-24-09 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling
    03-24-09 08:52 AM
    OHH YEAH!!!!! Mines fresh out the box, but I will not lie to you I have dropped it once and it was coming up a set of stairs outside (so the stairs were concrete) and it flung outta my hand and a smashed against the ground, Now as much as I hate the silicone case for attracting dust and hair I love it because there was not a scratch on my storm and suprisingly there wasnt a scratch on the case just dirt. Swear I coulda past out though I thought my phone was gone.
    03-24-09 08:57 AM
    ive got chunks missing all around the top, build is pretty cheap when it has a few knocks
    03-24-09 09:03 AM
    Have some tiny scratches on the chrome in one area - no idea how they got there (maybe even always had them), otherwise it's doing well.

03-24-09 09:05 AM
    yes.........
    03-24-09 09:24 AM
    nope... fell 3 feet on to pavement yesterday
    03-24-09 09:46 AM
    You can order a new Storm on the CNN web site? Can you explain that please?

Not a whole new storm, just new parts like the chrome bezel.

03-24-09 10:02 AM
    I'm trying to be more careful with my storm than phones of the past. I have an innocase hybrid on it and so far so good.

03-24-09 10:04 AM
    I have a few minuscule scratches...which for me is impressive because i've had this since it was released and my old curve was scratched, cracked, and i'm surprised it even still worked! Lol

03-24-09 10:16 AM
    I wanted to keep it mint, so I got the silicon case, so it wouldn't slip out of my pocket and hit the ground (shirt pocket when bending over at work), or lose it in the couch (pant pocket)... but the horrific happened to me after just a day or two...

I was at work cutting with an acetylene torch rig, and I had the thing in my shirt pocket and I thought the screen was surely safe being pressed against my chest, with the silicon facing outward...

anyway, a spark or slag got in my pocket and stuck to the screen. It was a big scratchy thing that couldn't be ignored when using the touchscreen. I couldn't scratch it off for the life of me... until a few hours had elapsed and then it popped off fine. I was so relieved.
    03-24-09 10:19 AM
    Have had mine since December 22 and still mint. Not a scratch or ding anywhere.
    03-24-09 10:34 AM
    Had mine since January. Only blemish is on the simulated chrome bevel around the edge of the device. On the top beside the Lock button there is a small wear spot where the top of the phone is exposed in its pocket pouch. It is not a scratch as there is no depth to it, but simply a contact wear point where the silver paint has rubbed off the plastic bevel from being in my pocket. The rest of the phone is mint.
    03-24-09 10:41 AM
    maybe you should spend some money on an otterbox case it looks like a great way to keep your blackberry safe, im thinking about getting one when i get mine, the thing looks like it can really take it.
    03-24-09 10:49 AM
    Had it for about a month, still in brand new condition.
    03-24-09 10:51 AM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD