so my brother asks me to put some more songs on his phone (samsung something or other) i look at the phone and hey a micro sd slot so i whip out my 16gig out of my storm and put it in ... upside down ... the card kind of jamed in the slot a little bit but i grabed a pair of needle nose pliers and pull it out flip it over push it in . the phone has a symbole of a sd card on the screen but nothing comes up in the media folders. switch the card back to my phone and i get
    "your disk needs to be formated, do you want to do this now?"
    this will erase all of my info right???

tried connedtting with my computer with both a sd card adapter and though my black berry and i get basicly the same message

any way i can still retrieve the info yet???
    08-31-09 01:30 AM
    If you reformat the card, yes - the information is sent to data heaven (or ****, if it was naughty information ).

Only thing I could suggest is to perhaps see if the pins got messed up? If they did, perhaps they're just reading across and essentially shorting out, causing the devices to think it's got to be formatted.

Otherwise, hopefully someone else can help?
    Last edited by cdaiscool; 08-31-09 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Farking weird tags for italics... and emoticons!
    08-31-09 01:42 AM
    I always assumed that an event like this was impossible, Much like attempting to insert a Firewire plug the wrong way.
    08-31-09 07:34 AM
    if you can get yourself a recovery app then you will be able to scan the disk and save elsewhere. I really can't find a free one though so it might be a little bit of a search
    08-31-09 08:00 AM
    Sounds like you damaged the card. Yes reformatting will erease the data, and I'm not sure if that will make the card work again, but it's worth a shot. But I'm with CD and I think the card is toast, sorry.
    08-31-09 08:14 AM
    my rss just popped up with this link, irony

Recover Deleted Files From Storage Devices With Glary Undelete � My Digital Life

give that a whirl and be patient with the scan
    08-31-09 08:29 AM
    If you can find a card reader, I bet you could use it to copy the contents of your sd card to the pc, then put the card back in the Storm and format it, then copy the pc files back to the card. I got this same format message once and the card still worked when plugged into a card reader (not in the Storm). It's a good backup idea to copy your cards contents to the pc whenever you add important stuff or take an irreplaceable picture.
    08-31-09 09:32 AM
    itried glary undelete didnt work, actually gives me a error mesage if the card is connected and if i install the card after starting the program it will give me the same "you need to format" error

so i gaveup and tried to format the card ... " windows was unable to compleat the format "
    tired with blackberry, through blackberry, and with the sd card adapter

the card is a little deformed from the pliers but looks like cosmetic damadge . i guess i must have crushed it or something ?????there goes $70 down the drain
    08-31-09 06:39 PM
    will reformatting the device memory cause me to lose all my contacts?
    08-31-09 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD