View Poll Results: Which Option Best Describes Numero Uno (You)?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Have a Storm 1 and Plan to Switch to Storm 2!

15 40.54%
  • I Have a Storm 2, but I Didn't Have the First 1 Before This!

1 2.70%
  • I Don't Have a Storm 1, but I Plan to Get the Storm 2!

1 2.70%
  • I Have A Storm 1 and I Won't Be Caught Dead Buying Another Storm!

14 37.84%
  • I Have a Storm 2 and I Am Glad to Have Switched from Storm 1!

2 5.41%
  • What is a Storm 2? Oh and When Does Michael Jackson Go on Tour Again!? Wait.. What?! He Died!??!

4 10.81%
    I've been looking around and I see that there are quite a few people that have switched from the Storm 1 to the Storm 2 9550 now.

I wanted to get a general idea of how many people are switching up their handset for the newer version, OR now that the new storm is out switching from a non-Storm device to the Storm 2.

So here it is:

Which Storm do YOU have/want?
    - If you have a Storm 1, are you going to switch sometime soon?
    - If you have a Storm 2, what device did you come from?

Why did you switch or why do you plan on switching to Storm 2?

Or for those hating the Storm 2, why don't you plan on getting it?

I posted a poll so please, don't forget to submit your choice along with your answers to these short questions!

e
    10-31-09 01:55 PM
    Oh and I FREAKIN LOVE Michael Jackson BTW.... Before anyone says anything weird.
    10-31-09 02:04 PM
    I have the storm 1, I have a feeling that the storm 2 will be a big disappointment so I'm gonna get the droid. I think its gonna bw a disappointment because its almost exactly like the s1 except for new screen and more memory, I'm kinda tired of settling for the crappy OS's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 03:29 PM
    I'm switching bc I'm elgible for an upgrade. I plan to try out the android. Once I see a phone that attracts me.

10-31-09 03:40 PM
    I have switched from a curve 8310 to a storm 2

This is my 3rd BB and to be honest its the best one for me yet.

It does everything my curve didn't.

Was due an upgrade and I waited for this to be release before I upgraded.

I never had the chance to play with a storm 1 and this is also my first touch screen. Its a bit wierd getting used to but its great fun learning though

Overall I am well happy with it.

10-31-09 03:49 PM
    staying with my storm 1. played with a s2 in the store and wasnt really impressed with it. seems to be the same as the storm 1 really just a better screen.

10-31-09 03:55 PM
    Got my Storm 1 about a month ago. Loved it with 4.7 and it is dynamite with 5.0. Maybe I'll play around with a Storm 2 and even pick one up when the price drops. Of course, there are some bad a$$ devices coming out over the next few months.
    10-31-09 06:05 PM
    staying with my storm 1. played with a s2 in the store and wasnt really impressed with it. seems to be the same as the storm 1 really just a better screen.
    +1. Was in the store today buying accessories for my S1.

Screen press on S2 felt very slightly different, otherwise I was not impressed.
    10-31-09 06:15 PM
    Just waiting for my ontract to end!!!
    10-31-09 08:42 PM
    I have a Storm 1 and I don't know yet what my next phone is going to be. I have a year and a half of contract left so... won't be anything that's out now...
    10-31-09 08:57 PM
    I wanted an Android phone before I bought the Storm. A family member who works for Verizon talked me into the Storm....2 months before the Storm 2 was released.

I can't say I'm unhappy, the Storm1, with the click fix and a better OS than what it came with it the Storm does what I wanted it to do and for the most part, does it well.

But, I'm thinking my next phone will be an Android based phone.
    10-31-09 09:46 PM
    whenever my contract ends (next year), i'll get what version of the Storm is the newest then. lol
    10-31-09 11:12 PM
    I may wait for the Tour2. That phone is all business.

11-01-09 05:19 AM
    I have a storm1, but will be switching to the Storm2 eventually.
    11-01-09 06:23 AM
    I can't wait to get away from my blackberry because Rim sucks!!! I am totally amazed that RIM can't come out with a stable OS. First chance I get I am jumping ship to the Android family where there is love for their customers.
    11-01-09 06:27 AM
    Add a poll option for "I'll see what the best option is when my NE2 comes around" and then I can vote
    11-01-09 07:58 AM
    Well after using the new OS 5.0 I am getting to really like my Storm1 and just may not change at least now. Also, VZW is making it harder to make the change.
    11-01-09 08:13 AM
    I have the storm 1. I will keep it.
    11-01-09 08:18 AM
    I have S1, and while it's been fun loading new OS on it, I think im going with the droid.
    11-01-09 08:22 AM
    Looks like a very intense battle between those that HAVE the Storm 1 and want to get the Storm 2 and those that have the Storm 1 and absolutely hate it!

Michael Jackson is running a distant third...
    11-01-09 04:12 PM
    I can't wait to get away from my blackberry because Rim sucks!!! I am totally amazed that RIM can't come out with a stable OS. First chance I get I am jumping ship to the Android family where there is love for their customers.

im with you on this.... i have a storm 1 now and unfortunatly i cant upgrade until march but im already counting the days until i can get a droid. To be quite honest if i can get the DROID for under or even close to 500 bucks ill go ahead and buy it just so i can stop using an obsolete phone.

my main issue is it just seems as though rim is not making any forward progress because there too busy re-releasing devices and trying to push them out as new devices when there problem isnt really the device is the half assed thrown together operating systems. 5.0 is nice but its really no different then 4.7, 4.6, 4.5, 4.2, or even previous. you can pick up a old device like any 6xxx or 7xxx device and the OS is fairly identical to the current ones.
    11-01-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD