My Storm came with a clear protector over the screen. I was wondering if most are pulling it off or not?

Just curious,

Grey
    12-11-08 12:32 PM
    My Storm came with a clear protector over the screen. I was wondering if most are pulling it off or not?

Just curious,

Grey
    Currently have the protector on, but since my replacement will be here on Monday, I'm pulling it off and going naked.
    12-11-08 12:36 PM
    i pulled that off & used the screen protector that i bought with the phone. I hear the real screen scrathes, etc. real easy so if you don't have one of those special protectors i would keep the one that came with it on untill you get one.
    12-11-08 12:37 PM
    Naked and loving it. bada bah bah bah....
    12-11-08 12:41 PM
    I used the screen protector that came with it for about 4 days and it had a ton of scratches on it so I took it off. I've been going naked since and there isn't a scratch on it. By the way I keep it in my pocket and sometimes it ends up in the mix with my keys...call me crazy.
    12-11-08 12:44 PM
    I'm running naked now. I bought the VZW screen protectors and used one, but then took it off. I like it better without. So far no scratches. It is glass, after all. Yes, I know glass scratches, but not that easilly. I always carry mine in a case, never just slip it into a pocket, so I'm not that worried. I personally think the screen is more responsive without the screen protector, but that's just me. Your mileage may vary.
    12-11-08 12:45 PM
    i pulled that off & used the screen protector that i bought with the phone. I hear the real screen scrathes, etc. real easy so if you don't have one of those special protectors i would keep the one that came with it on untill you get one.
    What you are hearing isn't necessarily so.

See this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...-video-107605/

I still use a Screen Protector, but that's just an added layer of protection.
    12-11-08 12:46 PM
    Watch the screen scratch tests ... like the iPhone these screens are made for normal pocket wear. Verizon will tell you otherwise, right before they try to sell you the screen protector .. so yeah.

that said, I ordered an IS for mine, but contemplating not putting it on.
    12-11-08 12:46 PM
    i pulled off that protector and am using one of the Verizon protectors. it's nice but it REALLY holds on to finger smudges.
    12-11-08 12:48 PM
    Naked......But have Screen Protector and Leather Case.
    12-11-08 12:48 PM
    hmmm. interesting. oh well. i'll keep it on for now but it's good to know it shouldn't scratch. thanks
    12-11-08 12:59 PM
    i love naked... naked everything... naked storm!
    12-11-08 01:00 PM
    Running nude! I used the included protector for about a week until it fell off.
    12-11-08 01:01 PM
    Nekked. The screen seems pretty resilient.
    12-11-08 01:05 PM
    Naked. There was no way I could use the factory protector. It looked like a blind 2-year-old had put it on the screen.
    12-11-08 01:07 PM
    I've installed Invisible Shield on mine--the screen and the body. Works great! I was a little concerned about the touch sensitivity, but it works just as well with it on as without.
    12-11-08 01:09 PM
    my storms gone commando!

alot nicer than a cheezy piece of plastic on it lol
    12-11-08 01:12 PM
    runnin' 'round in my b-day suit!

Seriously, just from the "feel" of the screen it feels like it won't scratch very easily. Also it is a bit recessed from the device edges so possibly won't impact surface if dropped? Also haven't cleaned my screen yet and the 3 weeks of grime doesn't show during use.

As far as the shields with solutions and drying time and what not, sounds like more trouble and risk than it's worth (i.e mind the gap!).

So drop trou and have fun. Just remember to practice safe text!
    12-11-08 01:14 PM
    I have pulled 5, yes I said FIVE of the factory screen protectors off. I dont know what happend with mine but I keep thinking I have taken the last one off then I will get a small bubble in the screen and it will end up being another screen protector.
    12-11-08 01:16 PM
    Hmmm... maybe I should try naked. I am getting my replacement soon so why not?
    12-11-08 01:17 PM
    I'm using the VZW brand protector. As other's have said it's scratch resistant, BUT you never know and with my VIP discount the 3 protectors were only 7 dollars.
    12-11-08 01:22 PM
    **** *** naked...
    12-11-08 01:49 PM
    Naked baby!!
    12-11-08 01:50 PM
    My factory screen protector didn't last 24 hrs. The first time i pu it in my pocket it was already starting to peel off in the corners.

As of right now i'm running naked. The only part that I hate is the fingerprint smudges. The screen gets smudged something awful in just a few minutes of use. I've currently got the IS ordered and will put it on when it arrives. I'm hoping that they don't smudge nearly as bad.
    12-11-08 01:50 PM
    GA for me--wanna keep this baby lookin' good!!!
    12-11-08 01:51 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD