Just looking for a few pointers on why you've picked the storm instead of the bold.
    11-02-08 11:13 PM
    1) I like touchscreens
    2) Bold isn't on Verizon..
    11-02-08 11:14 PM
    1) I like touchscreens
    2) Bold isn't on Verizon..
    Pretty much what he said.
    11-02-08 11:14 PM
    I'll go the other way
    I CHOSE the bold over the storm for the fact that I like a physical keyboard
    came from an iphone back to bb and vowed never to go back to touchscreen
    I also prefer the shape of the device over the storms
    11-02-08 11:15 PM
    and then again I may just get a storm because of your sig
    11-02-08 11:16 PM
    Hehe this is getting interesting, and thanks about the sig lol
    11-02-08 11:19 PM
    In value terms, which model would you guys say is higher? For example, someone with a pearl could not make a even trade with someone with a Bold... But can someone with a Bold make an even trade with someone with a Storm?
    11-02-08 11:22 PM
    It is because of physical keyboard. I have iPod Touch and didn't like it very much -- you can't type a message without looking at the screen on a touchscreen device.

Why I want this AT&T Bold? 3G and WiFi when in poor coverage or no coverage.
    11-02-08 11:27 PM
    -Touchscreen
    -Ability to look at my phone two different ways.. Horizontalk & vertical
    -The awe on my curve and pearl using friends that have any other providers
    -The luxary of being the first verizon touchscreen blackberry user
    - Getting the first female's number on a touchscreen phone.. and watching her gawk like "is that the new iphone?".. "no sweetheart.. this is the black berry...The Storm... get with the program..ill call you later"
    11-02-08 11:34 PM
    "you choosed...."

Nice.....
    11-02-08 11:35 PM
    Hey thats true. I co-sign the comment about "you can't type a message without looking at the screen on a touchscreen device. "
    11-02-08 11:36 PM
    "get with the program..ill call you later" lmaoo
    11-02-08 11:37 PM
    "you choosed...."

Nice.....
    11-02-08 11:39 PM
    1 - I'd have to switch providers to get a Bold and I hate Rogers. As much as I'd love to be able to switch phones all the time with that SIM card.
    2 - Hate the leather back on the Bold. I think that was a pretty ****ty choice by RIM to put leather on the back of the Bold, but I think a lot of people disagree with me on that one.
    3 - (this isnt really to do with why I choose Storm over the Bold) its not that I dont like the iPhone, but I dont like the type of people that buy the iPhone and Apple products. The Holier-Then-Thou attitude really ticks me off. Granted not all people who own Apple products are that way, but reading Mac Rumors there are a lot of people like that.
    11-02-08 11:43 PM
    Forgot a couple-

--Visual Voicemail- Another reason to ignore calls, and even more reason to selectively chose who's voicemails I want to check. Saw the feature on my friends Sprint Instinct... HAVE to have.
    -- 3.2 MP Camera- More reasons to take photos of any and everything
    -- 1gb internal memory. Now I can actually use Viigo without deleting in 3 hours. Also.. have some apps besides Beejive and Facebook. MAYBE Myspace if they step on up and release it..
    - Docking Clock- Alarm Feature will be even better for getting up for work.
    11-02-08 11:48 PM

I knew I couldn't take this thread seriously just based off the title.
    11-03-08 12:28 AM
    -Touchscreen
    -Ability to look at my phone two different ways.. Horizontalk & vertical
    -The awe on my curve and pearl using friends that have any other providers
    -The luxary of being the first verizon touchscreen blackberry user
    - Getting the first female's number on a touchscreen phone.. and watching her gawk like "is that the new iphone?".. "no sweetheart.. this is the black berry...The Storm... get with the program..ill call you later"
    umm you forgot to mention one point in the last one...

the camera will take a better picture of said girl? to show your friends haha

Didn't double check but I thought the bold only had a 2.0 mp?
    11-03-08 05:49 AM
    Spell check.

Doh! My curve has that already!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 07:16 AM
    Correct the Bold only has a 2.0MP camera.

I am still undecided, but it looks like I will be going with the Bold.

Just going to wait until AT&T gets the storm (which should hopefully have wi-fi) -
    11-03-08 07:47 AM
    Why am I going with the Storm?...

Well, I am not an existing Blackberry user. I run a small business and need to be able to read e-mail and respond quickly, but I won't be entering a load of data via the device. I am a big web user - I need to be able to use / check a variety of sites as part of my work (software development) when I am out and about. The traditional BlackBerry device with half the size taken up by a keyboard is a compromise too far for me, I think I will be able to handle slower typing via the on-screen keyboard, as this disadvantage will be offset by the ability to browse on a big screen.

The BB push email appeals to me, but I also like having a 3.2MP auto focus camera, plus a decent music player, in my pocket.
    11-03-08 08:05 AM
    I'm not a BB user. Yet. But my reasons for choosing the Storm are 1) I'm already on Verizon, 2) I like the idea of a larger screen, and 3) I detest AT&T's network.
    11-03-08 09:45 AM
    umm you forgot to mention one point in the last one...

the camera will take a better picture of said girl? to show your friends haha

Didn't double check but I thought the bold only had a 2.0 mp?

lmao indeed
    11-03-08 09:47 AM
    I have a touchscreen device (Treo 700p) and don't want to go away from touchscreen.

I like the iPhone interface/form factor but hate, Hate, HATE GSM coverage/service.

I was going to buy the Verizon iPhone but, then I realized...they don't make one!!!
    11-03-08 09:48 AM
    As much as I like these types of threads, you asked in the Storm section. I think you are giong to find more people here that would want the Storm, but move this to the Bold section and you will get different responses.
    11-03-08 09:54 AM
    "Choosed"? Really? That word is both painful to hear and to see.
    11-03-08 09:59 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD