So, I ordered the BlackBerry Storm for my self as well as for my mother last weekend. They arrived at my door yesterday.

first the good...
    I must say its a nice piece of hardware. the learning curve is certainly there if you are not coming from previously having blackberry (such as my self) but nothing a thick sculled person such as my self cant overcome. I like the browser experience, though I have no idea how it compares to the iphone for i have never used one. also, the touchscreen tactile fed back idea works very well in my opinion. i have already gotten use it and it has only been two days (though I can't type as fast on the qwerty style board as i could with an actually keyboard but im working on that). Sooo "YAY", i like the phone, though so many folks have been bashing it i was worried it was a bad choice.

now for the "bad"
    As I said, I ordered one for my mom as well. Her phone came in the same delivery as mine did... but there was one difference. I was charging her phone and was about to activate it when I noticed it didn't click around the lower edges of the screen as responsively as mine did. This turned the whole pleasant experience of using the phone into a frustrating nightmare! So i took the pos back to the Verizon store to have it exchanged and that turned into a slightly frustrating experience its self. first they didnt want to acknowledge that anything was wrong but i brought my phone to show them that her's was indeed not functioning properly. then they tried to suggest i dropped the phone or something like that (hello it has been out of the box for 30 mins). after an hour of twiddling my thumbs and getting a bit hot tempered they finally ordered her another one that may take 3 f#@king weeks to get here... but scene i didn't activate her phone they couldn't do a straight exchange so i have the broken one and now they are going to charge my account for the new phone till I ship back the bad one (only when the new one gets here). i begged them to take the busted phone so i didn't have $250 dollars of fees rolling around on my account but they said there was nothing they could do... so i have spent 750 on phones in the past 2 weeks, thanks Verizon

P.S. i did notice her packing and protective plastic sheets on the phone were different from mine so perhaps the two phone came from different production lots?
    12-13-08 07:39 PM
    You can easily fix the none clicking screen. There has been threads on placing business/credit card on top of the battery or turning the torx screw.
    12-13-08 07:43 PM
    you are absolutely correct. or the shove pieces of cardboard under it thing that is stickied here.
    I have read all about it and even before I placed the order for the phones i knew about the issue. I just feel entitled to receiving a 100% functioning product after spending as much money as I did. Plus, how am i suppose to tell my mom i got to start sticking foreign objects in the damn thing to make it work right... kinda goofy.
    12-13-08 08:05 PM
    I agree. You're entitled to a 100% functioning product. But to me, in my opinion, the card trick is a minor thing. The replacement could be worse than what you have...dead pixels, broken buttons, dust, etc.

Another option would be to swap phones. Give your mom your phone and you get hers.

I'm on my 2nd phone. My first one had dust under it after a couple of days. So far, having the replacement, no dust in the past 5 days. My END button is a little loose but if it gets worse of falls off, I'll request a replacement.

Good luck!
    12-13-08 08:12 PM
    yea true. i would hate to have to deal with this kinda thing to often but im sure once they start carrying more of them in stock it wont be such a PITA.

i didn't even think about switching phone... crap.
    but don't get me wrong. the phone that works I love.
    12-13-08 08:17 PM
    yea true. i would hate to have to deal with this kinda thing to often but im sure once they start carrying more of them in stock it wont be such a PITA.

i didn't even think about switching phone... crap.
    but don't get me wrong. the phone that works I love.
    Well, wait for the replacement, if its not perfect and has problems, send that back and just switch phones with your mom. No point in having to deal with all this bull.
    12-13-08 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD