For the last couple of days I been having a delay in getting my email. Before I would get them instantly. Now I tried resending service books both from the handset and through verizon bis website. Going into host routing and battery pull. Some emails I get right away but most of them there is a delay. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems or its just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 01:04 PM
    For the last couple of days I been having a delay in getting my email. Before I would get them instantly. Now I tried resending service books both from the handset and through verizon bis website. Going into host routing and battery pull. Some emails I get right away but most of them there is a delay. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems or its just me.

Unfortunately my friend it might be you. My yahoo email is right on time. Both standalone as well as routed thru gmail then to my BlackBerry.

Last edited by king_of_lakemoor; 09-01-09 at 01:18 PM.
    09-01-09 01:14 PM
    I've had the same problem since yesterday, did everything you did and also deleted and recreated the email account on BIS and still nothing ... I don't know what the deal is. I called VZW and was told that everything looks ok on my phone and that I should call Yahoo. As as last time I had a 6 hour delay in getting an email and others haven't come through at all.
    09-01-09 01:24 PM
    I don't know if it has something to do with it but I notice yahoo redesigned their email page. Maybe yahoo is updating their systems or something. At least I know its not only me.

09-01-09 01:37 PM
    mine does the same thing, it's intermittent....and it seems to only be a delay on the yahoo end

here's what i've noticed

time of the message, vs. time of the message in the header on my device, can vary anywhere from a few minutes to HOURS!!! later...

for my research i used my busiest yahoo email inbox, the one i use for email notifications from forums (easier to delete 'em all when i want, nothing of real value is in there, etc...)

i'll be at my PC with my phone next to me, and i'll get emails, showing up basically instantly on PC and phone simultaneously....but occasionally after i've done the "read all" job on my inbox, i'll get a new email, or a couple...but they're not at the top of the list on my PC...they're way down the list...since they're listed in chronological order based on heading info, not actual display of the email in my inbox, it jumps in wherever it belongs.

i emailed yahoo about it, they said "no known issues, check your email FULL HEADER to see the pathing of the message to see if there is any delay there...."

from what i saw, the delay is from when it gets to yahoo until it's actually rendered in my inbox....the delivery time doesn't match the rendered time...

but like i said, it's intermittent...
    09-01-09 02:50 PM
    I've been having the same problem with yahoo mail. It used to show up and be sent right away but now with some emails there are a delay. I noticed this when I checked m� email from the computer and had new messages that were rec'd hours ago, but didn't go through to my bb. I think it does have to do with yahoo's redesign webpage.

09-01-09 03:55 PM
    i agree with redesign of the page...

maybe i'll submit another ticket to yahoo...if i get a timely response i'll post in this thread
    09-01-09 04:01 PM
    Mines been doing that about a week but i pay no mind to it anymore.
    09-01-09 07:03 PM
    emails been slow for the past few days 'round here (NY)
    09-01-09 07:05 PM
    Yea man i wonder why nyc ummmmm
    09-01-09 07:09 PM
    Where do we send a complaint to yahoo? Hopefully a fix is made soon.

09-01-09 07:11 PM
    Thats a start give it a shot.
    09-01-09 07:20 PM
    Where do we send a complaint to yahoo? Hopefully a fix is made soon.

on the yahoo website
    09-01-09 07:25 PM
    Since about 8/28 - I have noticed the same the issue. Emails take forever, up to 12 hours to come through, Also -- when I delete on my web client they do not delete on BB device.Verizon has advised to
    1) send new service books
    2) remove all my mail in my inbox
    3) recreate the account
    I have checked my reconciliation settings and they are set to delete on mailbox and handheld and mailbox wins.

When I spoke to verizon today, the rep said that the some other peopled had called into them about the same issue. Please let us know if there is any feedback. Yahoo support is well, "free"
    09-02-09 04:35 PM
    yeah, the tips from VZW are awesome, as long as yahoo has their ducks in a row...if not...well, unsatisfactory is the only word that i can use here to describe that isn't censored...
    09-02-09 05:06 PM
    I have always noticed that with Hotmail (MSN) and AOL. at times there are many hours until a message arrives on my BB.

VZW claimed that it could happen if I was not in a service area when the message was first sent and that it could take a longer time until BB updates.

It got so bad that when I know that I need instant communication I use the vzw.blackberry address.
    09-02-09 05:14 PM
    well for my personal yahoo email address which is ages old, like i'm 25 now, i got it in like 5th or 6th grade...i never have delay issues

it's the newer one i made that is delayed

maybe it has to do with servers and how they're arranged?
    09-02-09 05:19 PM
    well for my personal yahoo email address which is ages old, like i'm 25 now, i got it in like 5th or 6th grade...i never have delay issues

it's the newer one i made that is delayed

maybe it has to do with servers and how they're arranged?
    I must have gotten mine same year but problem is true. Also my messages logo lights up when I get a new email but the actual "yahoo letter" doesn't. I'm running the iberry 3.5 theme....

09-02-09 05:54 PM
    it's the theme...it's a known issue with some themes
    09-02-09 06:00 PM
    Same problem here for about a week now. I noticed it when my phone was near my laptop. Off and on. Hope it clear up soon.
    09-02-09 06:20 PM
    Now i have beeb getting my emails on time which is good.
    09-02-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD