man, today at work i was walking with my storm and dropped it and it hit concrete face down...hard enough to pop the back off

now when i turn it on the screen is black but slightly lit up and it gets super hot

luckily, i had my replacement arrive today

now i just don't know if i should contact Verizon and tell them the phone now has a new issue as well...

also...anyone know if i can activate my new one without going to the store?
    Last edited by bretts545; 12-29-08 at 02:53 PM.
    12-29-08 02:31 PM
    If you return a broken phone you will be charged the full retail for the replacement. Also you can look in the box it came in and it has activations instructions in it
    12-29-08 02:33 PM
    i wouldn't say anything. You have the replacement, just stick the other in a box and ship it out.

whoever receives it might assume thats why its coming back because it was dropped
    12-29-08 02:36 PM
    I had the same issue I called them and let them know I dropped but I only had a couple scratches. I was told to return and the for minor scratches they wouldnt charge me.
    Whoa! Bummer on damaging ur phone. Can u make up a story to cover up the damage?
    If you return a broken phone you will be charged the full retail for the replacement. Also you can look in the box it came in and it has activations instructions in it
    nah thats not always true. Its case by case.

But your right, there is a possibility of course.
    Best of luck on the return!! (fingers crossed for you)
    12-29-08 02:40 PM
    For all Verison knows it was damaged during shipping.
    12-29-08 02:43 PM
    Man that sucks.
    12-29-08 02:45 PM
    You should be fine, clean it up best you can and don't say anything (if they do ask what happened just tell them you followed the instructions on packaging and play dumb...they won't want to loose a two year customer over a few hundred dollars). Who's to say it wasn't damaged during shipping??? Not your responsibility!
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 12-29-08 at 02:51 PM.
    12-29-08 02:49 PM
    well...awesome thing is guys....there is no sign of it being dropped

screen is fine...no scratches or loose parts

i think it's good...i might just call and say...well today it just quit working and won't even come on now....
    12-29-08 02:50 PM
    oh yeah, and the reason i ask about activation is because i am obviously already activated to this phone
    12-29-08 02:54 PM
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I have a replacement coming because I have battery and click screen issues. I dropped my Storm the other day and I have a decent scratch on the chrome area in the bottom left corner. My issues were apparent prior to the drop, but I don't have any way to prove that if VZW gives me a hassle.

I don't think it is bad enough to make anyone believe that caused the damage, so I'm not too concerned with VZW bringing it up, but what if they do? Play dumb and hope for the best?

They were super nice when I called, although I did not tell them about the drop since I know its not relevant to the problems I am having. They didn't even act surprised when I let it slip I was running .85.

John
    12-29-08 03:05 PM
    One great thing about verizon is that the replacement has already been sent, so it really doesn't matter what's wrong with the old phone at this point as long as they get it! Trust me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 03:43 PM
    i already got my replacement

came FedEx about 10 minutes after starting this thread
    12-29-08 04:10 PM
    Yeah I got that.... I guess what I was trying to say is that its cool if there are other things wrong besides what you originally called about, it won't change things and there's no need to call and let them know. Hope that made sense

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD