Ok so the only problem with my old phone was screen clicking in corners, it didn't click! So I call for a replacement, it gets here like 20 minutes ago (only took 2 days btw) and now the screen is AMAZING on clicking, the device is responsive and FAST!! Yeah except now the buttons on the bottom for call/end/send whatever are all harder than **** to push and feel like one solid button. Plus now I can see under the screen where I couldn't before, I can see light emitting from under the screen and buttons. So now I have a phone that fixed EVERY issue, but brought 2 new ones. Back to callin ol' CS AGAIN.
    12-09-08 12:49 PM
    You mean RIM? Verizon doesn't make the phones they just sell them .

P.S. That light around the buttons has been there on all 10 of the storms I've seen / used / owned. I just think you didn't pay attention to it until you got the new unit.
    12-09-08 12:51 PM
    Ok so the only problem with my old phone was screen clicking in corners, it didn't click! So I call for a replacement, it gets here like 20 minutes ago (only took 2 days btw) and now the screen is AMAZING on clicking, the device is responsive and FAST!! Yeah except now the buttons on the bottom for call/end/send whatever are all harder than **** to push and feel like one solid button. Plus now I can see under the screen where I couldn't before, I can see light emitting from under the screen and buttons. So now I have a phone that fixed EVERY issue, but brought 2 new ones. Back to callin ol' CS AGAIN.
    I see light under the screen and buttons as well. Clicks well and is fast? I would keep that for sure.
    12-09-08 12:54 PM

P.S. That light around the buttons has been there on all 10 of the storms I've seen / used / owned. I just think you didn't pay attention to it until you got the new unit.
    well Verizon should have a quality control for these sort of things, but no I can assure you my first phone doesn't look anything like this one, maybe that's why the screen doesn't click at the bottom, it's tightened too much hence why no light.
    12-09-08 12:55 PM
    I see light under the screen and buttons as well. Clicks well and is fast? I would keep that for sure.
    well yeah but the four buttons at the bottom of the phone are REALLY hard to push in, they feel like one button, where as my first one they felt great like they should, 4 separate buttons.
    12-09-08 12:56 PM
    well Verizon should have a quality control for these sort of things, but no I can assure you my first phone doesn't look anything like this one, maybe that's why the screen doesn't click at the bottom, it's tightened too much hence why no light.
    Yeah I don't think Verizon even knows what a phone is. It seems like they just say hey lets put those things in our store lol. Anyways I had 2 phones with bad click screens and I still saw light. So I dunno maybe you were lucky, but I wouldn't count on a unit where you can't see that light.
    12-09-08 01:00 PM
    I have seen light from every storm I have ever used as well.

Perhaps you were in a well lit area and never noticed this before.

do you have any pics? This sounds like every other Storm out there unless the light gap is a good couple cm wide.
    12-09-08 01:03 PM
    Yeah maybe I didn't notice it...lemme see if I can snap a few pictures, I am currently just finishing uploading everything on the new blackberry to see if maybe I am over exaggerating over the buttons, although they are hard to click.
    12-09-08 01:09 PM
    well yeah but the four buttons at the bottom of the phone are REALLY hard to push in, they feel like one button, where as my first one they felt great like they should, 4 separate buttons.
    There are in actuality 3 buttons. The center button is sort of a rocker.
    12-09-08 01:10 PM
    I can't get my digital camera to actually capture the light from the sides, the gap is just far more noticeable on the new phone, but the buttons seem to have loosened up so I think I'm done complaining. I think I may just keep this one, I have 10 days to decide either way so who knows.
    12-09-08 01:18 PM

Since you have seen or handled that many have you noticed if the screen seem to move loosely in the case. I know it clicks up and down when pressed, but should it move left, right, up and down.
    12-09-08 01:44 PM
    Yes the screen will move North South East and West.....
    12-09-08 01:50 PM
    I ordered a new one due to the screen click problem, last wed. and they told me I might not ship until the 15th. thats some bs that yours came in 2 days. lol
    12-09-08 01:59 PM
    If the buttons are hard maybe they need to be broken in. Just turn the phone off and press on them awhile.
    12-09-08 02:07 PM
    I ordered a new one due to the screen click problem, last wed. and they told me I might not ship until the 15th. thats some bs that yours came in 2 days. lol
    The "might" is important. I ordered mine last week and they told me the "ship on the 15th" line. It'll be here tomorrow according to FedEx.
    12-09-08 02:43 PM
    I just got back from my Verizon store and they said they arent shipping them out till the 15th now.....wtf....I had to get it replaced..

Screen was giving me issues...whenever id get a call id only see half a screen...lol
    Battery life was **** 1 1/2 days

Hopefully i get a unit as good as the one the guy in the first post got...lol....fingerx
    12-09-08 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD