I have been reading these forums for the past couple of weeks about the storm and not to abuse anybody or anything but i cannot believe the way people are acting or reacting to this phone-- its kinda embarassing-- waiting in lines , waiting for fedex like stalkers and dying to get there hands on this phone-- do people have lives? 1st time post so sorry but i just dont get it--
    11-27-08 09:01 AM
    You come to a forum called "Crackberry" to post in a forum dedicated to a phone in the first week of its release and you don't understand why people might be having strong reactions? That kinda makes you the ***** here.
    11-27-08 09:06 AM
    Yea, that does kind of make you a bit of a special person.
    11-27-08 09:08 AM
    It doesn't take someone very high functioning to realize how people here would be excited about a new blackberry.
    11-27-08 09:11 AM
    I guess he thought he was at the blackberryrecovery.com forum
    11-27-08 09:58 AM
    ^ nice.

and yes, people are excited, yes they still have lives... but who would talk about their lives on a blackberry forum? Thats just... creepy... we talk about blackberrys... hence the website name.
    11-27-08 10:08 AM
    I had been using a Razr and was waiting for a really fab release before replacing it. Nothing that Verizon offered excited me. I really wasn't too familiar with the BB.

Then I heard about the Storm and now I understand the whole BB addict "thing".

bigsez, it just may be that for you, the BB is just a communications device and that's fine. For others, it's sort of addictive and we're a bit obsessed. And it's great having a forum as an outlet for our obsession.

It's OK if you don't "get it". This probably isn't the forum for you. Forums tend to attract those who are very passionate about the forum's subject. Perhaps there is something else that trips your trigger... apparently it isn't a BB.
    11-27-08 10:11 AM
    You come to a forum called "Crackberry" to post in a forum dedicated to a phone in the first week of its release and you don't understand why people might be having strong reactions? That kinda makes you the ***** here.

Thought Crackberry was a site everything BB-- Tip, Tricks, Help, Software etc-- not a site to rant and rave about how you are gonna *** in your pants once you get your phone- thats all-- i said sorry and wasnt trying to abuse anyone last post-- maybe you missed that
    11-27-08 10:30 AM
    The site is pro-blackberry. There are people here that have a passion for their phones.

People here have dealt with delays and pushed back launch dates. So when a particular device comes out and its not up expectations, they have a place here to rant.

Those that don't want the read it just don't open the threads. We do know RIM and the media see this site and pay attention to some of our concerns.

You're new. If you have a BB then welcome and if you don't, stop by a shop and check them out. They are great devices.

Just keep and open mind on the site. After all, it is a "public" forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 11:31 AM
    I'm new to the forum and I like it. I think it would be useful to somehow separate the fluff posts from the more tech posts. Otherwise I like Crackberry a lot very informative and useful.
    11-27-08 11:35 AM
    I have been reading these forums for the past couple of weeks about the storm and not to abuse anybody or anything but i cannot believe the way people are acting or reacting to this phone-- its kinda embarassing-- waiting in lines , waiting for fedex like stalkers and dying to get there hands on this phone-- do people have lives? 1st time post so sorry but i just dont get it--
    get out please
    11-27-08 11:44 AM
    im new also-
    i understand why people go crazy when a new phone comes out-
    its just their thing. Im sure you (bigsez) have passions about things or people that you might get excited about. And you say those people should get lives- LOL your writting about it online in a cell phone forum! Thats really the only reason im posting is because that is funny.
    This is my first post and i can tell you that i like what i see here at crackberry.com
    lots of info!! new today and plan to stay.
    waiting on my new storm!!
    11-27-08 11:47 AM
    i don't think that I would wait in line but I am a bit of a geek so I am exited about the new bbs. But I have to wait for sprint. So I read the pros and cons sometimes its nice to see the passion other times is a drag so OP read what you will learn and try to enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 11:49 AM
    Also a newb! (Recent BB convert. Since I'm self-employed (no IT dept. to go running to if something goes sideways), I was a bit wary of the whole "BB thing," particularly when Big Red (VZW) is holding its hand). Oh, what a rube I've been. (My WinMobile HTC drove me batty and, not to sound cute, "pushed" me away from that platform.)

I can see why the passions fly high here, and despite a handful of "iPhone-atics" or those who consider it the iAntichrist, I've found countless threads of very useful information saving me scads of time w/tech support. I'm here to stay, and so long as RIM keeps improving their device(s)...and luck willing, VZW allowing them to keep moving new product on their network (for me, best signals where I frequent most-- nothing personal against ATT, T-Mobile, etc.), I'll be a BB user for some time.

Besides... How much worse could standing in line for some 4 hours or whatever be versus the TWO WEEKS or ONE MONTH or more people stood in line for Star Wars?!?!! Lord only knows what this next Star Trek will bring! Everybody's got "their thing". Helps make the world go 'round.
    11-27-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD