You could tell if said email has been forwarded to anyone else by the person you sent it to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 08:24 PM
    You could tell if said email has been forwarded to anyone else by the person you sent it to.

Probably not the correct forum but I agree this would be a cool feature. Doubt you'll ever see it though due to privacy issues.
    06-09-09 08:27 PM
    Probably not the correct forum but I agree this would be a cool feature. Doubt you'll ever see it though due to privacy issues.
    But what about the person that receives a forwarded email? They can see who else the email was sent to.. It's not too much of a difference, IMO.
    06-09-09 08:41 PM
    Its a big difference actually. Its a matter of me knowing for sure that an email was kept confidential.

06-09-09 10:29 PM
    Have an image stored on a server... Monitor the number of hits on that image, gives you a good approx. of the amount of times the email was viewed.

Preferably ,send your email text as an image, so they don't have the choice to load it to view the email.

I've been using this tactic, mixed with a script that kills the image after 1 view, which pretty much prevent anyone from reviewing nor forwarding that email.
    06-09-09 10:45 PM
    We've got some paranoid peeps here

06-09-09 11:40 PM
    Yeah.... What are you sending in your emails? If you have something that needs to remain private, then send it to only people you trust. If its busniess related. All business that are worth anything have privacy laws, that if you forward it to a person " not " supposed to see it you can get sued. Among other things. I know my work has it.
    06-09-09 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD