Does anyone know how to import Word 2007 files to my Storm so I can review and edit them?
    12-24-08 05:47 PM
    When you plug your storm, just put your file in any folder, then on your storm, make sure you've got the 1.5 version of documents to go, if not just open the software documents to go then click menu and search for updates.

The 1.4 version is not enable to read 2007 office documents

merry xmas
    12-24-08 05:53 PM
    Merry Christmas! Thanx for the reply, but I don't have a clue what you mean! I'm road kill on the information highway!! Would you mind explaining what to do for a 60 year old that has a 4 year old grandaughter that can use this machine better than I can. Thx
    12-24-08 06:35 PM
    save on the blackberry micro sd card under documents
    12-24-08 07:11 PM
    I'm from the HS class of 66 also so I will try to help. First you need to get the document you want to read. Either transferring it to your phone from the Desktop Manager or saving it from an email message (as njc5096 said, saving it in the documents folder would be a good place). Then click on the Word to go app and try to open the document. If it won't open it, click on the menu key and select the check for updates option. I am writing this without a document on my phone to look at. If you continue to have problems let me know and I will try sending myself a document to check out the steps in more detail.
    12-25-08 08:12 AM
    Just for those reading this post...in order to download the Docs To Go update, you have to register your version with DataViz (the company that makes Docs To Go). You can do it right from the Storm but, just letting folks know that this is a step that needs to be done before the download will start.

When you check for updates...it'll say "Yup, there's an update". You click on the "Download Update" link. When you click on that link, it'll come up with a "Hey, this copy of Docs to Go hasn't been registered yet...register now?". Once you fill in all your information (name, address, e-mail address), then it'll take you to the download link.
    12-26-08 08:43 AM
    Thank You All! I emailed the Word 2007 doc to myself and downloaded it to Word to Go. Now..... how do I delete it? I can't find the delete button!!
    12-28-08 03:08 PM
    Change all your 2007 Office save formats away from the docx and xlsx (x) formats to just the standard pre 07 formats. You'll thank me later and the people you share files with will thank you as well. I still don't know why MS set these new formats as defaults knowing people would have issues with backwards compatibility... not to mention they aren't any or much of a help in terms of file sizes. It's just their format version answer to PDFs, that's all it was conceptualized to be.
    12-28-08 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD