The launch of the storm unfortunately came at a bad time for me because I will be on a trip this coming weekend, and visiting a VZW store there is not an option.

I already have a pre-order in for Best Buy, but since they have a 48 hour maximum hold period I'm out of luck there.

So my question is this,
    1. Can I get a refund of my pre-order from Best Buy, and would it have to be before the weekend as opposed to after?
    2. As of right now I'm still piggybacking off my father's family share plan. Would he be able to pick one up and take advantage of my ne2, contract renewal discount, etc...but NOT activate the phone until I come back, so my existing cell still functions while I'm gone?

Any recommendations for what I should do in this screwed up situation are greatly appreciated. Not getting my storm when I get home next Monday is not an option!!!
    11-17-08 11:33 AM
    Get someone else to pick it up for you from Best Buy. Friend, family, lover, sexcapade partner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 11:38 AM
    Option number 2 all the way. He's the primary account holder he can do anything.
    11-17-08 11:51 AM
    Well I guess I'll head over to Best Buy and try to work this out with them.
    11-17-08 12:33 PM
    i think they will have to activate the phone but what you can do is just reactivate your old phone for the time being after the new phone is purchased.. if you have access to the internet, you can activate your current phone.
    11-17-08 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD