just to point out one of her "problems"... if you hold the number key for 2seconds it will enter NumLock mode and hold the number key entery screen...
    Man, I'm really p'd at this "woman". WHY, why must she compare it to the iPhone... It's not the iPhone, anyone buying this phone is not, i don't think, expecting an a Blackberry iPhone... they know what they are getting.
    Please, watch the video and tell me what you think!

T.

go here:
    www. cio. com/video?bcpid=1370868054&bclid=1373280988&bctid=2916 416001
    (Remove spaces infront of and after the "cio" from the link)
    click on the 3rd Video... you won't be disappointed!
    11-26-08 01:58 PM
    I am confused by your tactics.
    11-26-08 02:10 PM
    I think this woman has several problems. First her iphone shill attitude comes through loud and clear, and second, maybe she should watch the "fat" fingering the keypad.
    11-26-08 02:10 PM
    After watching this video (to see what else she screwed up) i was compelled to write her an e-mail on her terrible review.

Hello Ms. Arar,

I am writing this e-mail in response to your review of the Blackberry Storm. Might I start off in saying you should do a LOT more research when you are going to review a product. I have never seen such an extreme attempt at disliking a product. For one you went in to this expecting a touch screen, one touch and you've made your selection. Clearly this is not the case with the Storm. Yes the screen is essentially one big button. Use this to your advantage when using it. Instead you chose to use it as a way to say the iPhone is better. This wasn't the only time you made comparisons between the Storm and the iPhone. Second, this is one of two times where you made it clear that you did not use the phone for an extended period of time before you made this review. You mentioned a gripe you had when it came to inputting numbers on the keyboard. If you had spent any time on the Storm or doing research you would have found out that pressing and holding down the number key you would enter a NUM lock mode. This can also be done with the shift key to give you CAPS lock. There goes one of your cons on the phone.

Back to the screen again, you mention your issue with selecting something and you ending up going somewhere else. This is completely due to your own fault, and essentially your attempt at knocking down the Storm. The mistakes you were making were because you were not using your fingertips, which is the case for most accurate use on any phone, even your beloved iPhone. Obviously using a whole finger would register many "hits" on a touch screen phone. Therefore to increase accuracy one must use their fingertips. Also use the glow to your advantage. In everything you were trying to show where it would go to a location that you hadn't specified, was your own fault as your finger was selecting several selections below what you had intended in your mind. There goes another thing you had against the Storm.

Again another thing that you disliked about the phone which you could have easily found a solution to had you done adequate research. When you were showing how you zoomed in on a webpage. While the zoom key is there for you to use if you so choose, you can tap the page you are on and it will zoom in. Just another thing you failed to adequately research.

Another thing that you had mentioned was clearly made after using the iPhone. You talked about navigating your contact list and mentioning how it was a shame there was no letters on the side to quickly jump to those contacts that started with a certain letter and how you would have to type in the contact you wanted. First, this is not an iPhone. Second, typing in the name makes it easier to narrow down your list, although since this is just a "failed experiment" then this must not work.

In conclusion, I was extremely irritated by your ill-informed review of the Storm. It is clear you are a fan of the iPhone and Cingular in general as when you mention the Blackberry's with a hardware keyboard, you don't mention a very popular Verizon Blackberry (Curve, Pearl, etc.) you mention the relatively new Cingular Blackberry in the Bold. Needless to say after watching your review I was not surprised with that statement. I highly suggest you research things more before you make a review on any other product and also keep your bias to yourself as consumers turn to websites for unbiased reviews when it comes to purchasing new products.

Thank you
    wonder if she'll respond lol
    11-26-08 02:41 PM
    No sh@t! It looks like she had the phone for 2 hours and wrote a review! What a ****!
    11-26-08 02:43 PM
    She still uses a typewriter and telegrams.
    11-26-08 02:45 PM
    yeah i really hated that review, especially the part about entering numbers. Even without looking at the maunal or doing any research I intuitively thought to hold the num lock the first time I had to enter more than one number sequentially. I don't mind the iphone comparison but at least know the product before reviewing it.
    11-26-08 02:54 PM
    Obviously she's in the tank for Apple
    11-26-08 02:54 PM
    I don't even have my Storm yet and one thing that irritated me was her comment on the keyboard. She says that using the keyboard on the Storm is like using a manual keyboard on any other phone which defeats the purpose of the touchscreen (or something along those lines).

Obviously that's how the keyboard works. How can you be upset with the way the keyboard works when it was clearly made known weeks before the phone came out how typing would work. She says this like it was a surprise to her or something that that's how typing would work. That's how the phone works and it was made well-known ahead of time.
    11-26-08 03:08 PM
    Hahahaha that woman is such an moron.
    11-26-08 03:11 PM
    Man, watching that made me squeemish. I couldn't even finish it. How much did Apple pay her? Seriously though, I hate it when people spend 3min with a product and feel they know everything about it. Then post a review bashing the crap out of it. If she knew Blackberry at all, which she obviously doesn't, maybe she wouldn't be bowing at the iphone's feet every 3 seconds. What a disgrace.
    11-26-08 03:15 PM
    Please.

This IS Verizons iPhone.

Why Wouldn't It get Compared to the iPhone?

Besides, the Storm wouldn't be so readily compared to an iPhone if Verizon themselves didn't try and market it as it's own version of the iPhone.
    11-26-08 03:20 PM
    uuuuhhhh iphone, uhhh iphone what kind of professional speaks like that? she needs some lessons on speech, my toddler speaks in public better.
    11-26-08 04:22 PM
    Man, I'm really p'd at this "woman".

LOL. It's a *review*. She's not criticizing you. This is her opinion. That's the idea of reviews. I know a lot of people who agree with her. Others who don't. As to her alleged being "in the tank" for Apple, notice she uses the I-Phone as a hypothetical, but also says "and other touchscreen-phones."

Why on earth would this upset you so much?
    11-26-08 04:34 PM
    Worst review ever. Nothing else to say about it...
    11-26-08 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD