Album Art. I can't access the media card unless I enable Mass Media Storage, and when I enable Mass Media Storage I don't find any music files?

I searched the forums but most suggestions involve Itunes, or changing the .jpg to folder.jpg. But as I said, I don't use i-tunes, and I can't see the media on the card in mass storage mode. (But Rhapsody and WMP, see the device and all the music.)

Should I re-format the card, put the storm in Mass Storage Mode, and re-synch?

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful suggestions.
    12-11-08 11:52 AM
    I would. I just converted my entire 6GB of music from iTunes with Tunebite. I converted eto mp3's and saved them in a BB folder with specific playlists in iTunes. I then used BB Media sync to pull everything over. I have the albume art as well but i didnt have to do anything, there is a setting in Tunebite for album art that i clicked and it was all in there
    12-11-08 11:56 AM
    I love Tunebite. The great thing is it is very fast for what it does. Others I have tried record the song as it plays and they take forever.
    12-11-08 12:07 PM
    So basically - it sounds like in order to be assured of getting my album art transferred, I should install itunes, and use the DM Media Synch.
    12-11-08 12:13 PM
    are there any free options similiar to tunebite???
    12-11-08 12:35 PM
    Are you not getting album art for any of your music? I don't use iTunes, but I have album art saved into each of the music files as part if ID3 tags. It works beautifully for me.

Google search for album art tagger and you will find many free apps. Personally, I use MediaMonkey (cost $$) to manage my music collection.
    12-11-08 12:54 PM
    i meant are there free programs to get protected music from itunes onto the strom?
    12-11-08 02:36 PM
    i meant are there free programs to get protected music from itunes onto the strom?
    You can always burn the songs onto a CD and reload into the PC -- it will no longer treat it as protected music.
    12-11-08 02:48 PM
    You don't need any special software to get album art, I just have a massive pile of MP3's on an external and I copy them from my external to the Media Card drive with the .jpg in the folder and it shows up on my Storm when I view the album
    12-11-08 02:55 PM
    You can simply copy music onto the memory card but in order to have album art, the songs have to have to be in a folder (not just the music file in the Music folder). Change the album art or picture to folder.jpg. That's it.

This probably isn't the most efficient or convenient way to do this especially with a lot of music, but it works.
    12-11-08 03:02 PM
    Are you not getting album art for any of your music? I don't use iTunes, but I have album art saved into each of the music files as part if ID3 tags. It works beautifully for me.

Google search for album art tagger and you will find many free apps. Personally, I use MediaMonkey (cost $$) to manage my music collection.
    +1. Your album art should be embedded into your mp3s via ID3 tag. That way you don't have to muck around with extra jpgs.
    12-11-08 03:54 PM
    I think winamp can get you album art as well and it is free. I do not use winamp personally but I recall people saying it does grab album art.
    12-12-08 06:59 PM
    12-18-08 01:56 PM
    Song Bird

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    12-18-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD