I've got one of the UmeVoice wired headsets that worked great with my old motorola flip. On the storm, I can hear through the earpiece if I click the "activate headset" but the mic is not working on the headset. It's correctly using the earpiece for the headset, but my voice still goes through the blackberry mic when it's connected (confirmed by holding my finger over the mic and nobody could hear me).

Anybody else having a similar problem or am I doing something stupid?
    12-13-08 09:26 PM
    I've got one of the UmeVoice wired headsets that worked great with my old motorola flip. On the storm, I can hear through the earpiece if I click the "activate headset" but the mic is not working on the headset. It's correctly using the earpiece for the headset, but my voice still goes through the blackberry mic when it's connected (confirmed by holding my finger over the mic and nobody could hear me).

Anybody else having a similar problem or am I doing something stupid?
    I am not familiar with the headset . . BUT is it s 3.5 mm headset? You may have that type of issue if you place a 2.5mm into the jack. Just thinking . . .
    12-13-08 09:28 PM
    It has an adapter to convert it from 2.5mm to 3.5mm - and I have the "blackberry" adapter from Umevoice.

The motorola required an adapter as well...from 2.5mm to Mini-usb.

Don't think the adapter is the issue....
    Last edited by Cacique500; 12-14-08 at 11:06 AM.
    12-13-08 10:07 PM
    I just contacted UmeVoice (theboom) and found the problem - a special adapter will be required to make the headset work with the Storm and they should have it mid-January. The "blackberry" adapters will not work with the Storm.

Just wanted to update this in case anybody runs across the same issue.
    12-15-08 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD