Dear all,

got my 9530 from states (I reside in Taiwan, 9530 is new here), and tried to update my os to 109/114 hybrid, learned that the first step is to wipe the os, its done (message 507 popped up with white screen), somehow there's no connection to desk top manager and I can neither turn off the hand set, so whats the next step to reinstall the os? any related link or help would be appreciated.

the second thing is that I have prob to install the traditioanl chinese font, I followed the instruction to copy all the files under java folder (from older version, say 109) and to move them to the same folder under new version 114(should I overwrite the new files or keep them?), somehow it didn't work at all, any helps guy? thanks in advance

Matt
    [email protected]
    03-14-09 12:08 AM
    The first step is not to wipe. Stop listening to everyone and just do upgrades, it wipes anyway.

When wiped, it won't connect. No OS, no logic to connect. Start Application Loader and click through it. It'll find the BB. If you read a writeup that told you to wipe first (I doubt this) all these steps would have been discussed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 12:52 AM
    The first step is not to wipe. Stop listening to everyone and just do upgrades, it wipes anyway.

When wiped, it won't connect. No OS, no logic to connect. Start Application Loader and click through it. It'll find the BB. If you read a writeup that told you to wipe first (I doubt this) all these steps would have been discussed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the prompt reply, I'll go back to try, really appreciate

Matt
    03-14-09 03:38 AM
    Alright, I just had to figure this out today for a friend. Follow these steps and you should have your OS back on your BB in no time.

First disconnect you BB from the USB and computer.

Restart your computer.

Go to program files/common files/RIM/Apploader and open the loader.exe

Next, TAKE OUT the battery from your storm

Plug into the USB and connect to your computer

the Application Loader program should now recognize your BB

This is the strange, yet important part so listen up.

After it detets you BB, right as you click to load in the OS and other software PUT THE BATTERY BACK IN THE STORM.

This should allow everythign to load. BE PATIENT though as it takes a bit.

Once its in, be PATIENT again as it will boot up slow because its like the first time its being turned on.

Hope this helps!!! I am going to make a thread dedicated to this as I think a lot of people are running into these issues and its not the easiest thing to figure out sometimes.
    03-14-09 04:16 AM
    If you have further issues doing this, PM me or post here again and I can try to help walk you through this. I know how frustrating it can be!
    03-14-09 04:19 AM
    Want to be more clear on my ealier post....

As you are going through the steps in the loader.exe you have to go all the way up to the screen that shows "Completing the Application Loader Wizard" on the top WITHOUT the battery in!!!

Right as you click "Finished" PUT THE BATTERY in the storm....

It should work! Let me know how it goes.
    03-14-09 04:30 AM
    or... just use loader.exe in your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder.

has always worked for me
    03-14-09 06:15 AM
    or... just use loader.exe in your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder.

has always worked for me
    Well....have you tried it when you screen was showing the "reload software 507" on it? Doesnt work sometimes if thats already showing.
    03-14-09 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD