I'm wondering what I might have done to cause Windows Vista 64 to hate my memory card. I am running OS 5.0.0.230 but I don't think that's related, as I've had no problems with it before today and I've been running this OS for a while.

I am attempting to copy a bunch of MP3 files onto my phone's media card. I highlight the list, drag and drop into "music" on my device's memory card, and the transfer begins. After a few seconds of copying, Windows throws up an error message that states there is an error on the destination drive. My options are to Scan the drive for errors or continue without scanning. I've let Windows scan it several times which always results in a "no errors detected" message.

I can access everything on my media card as normal, but I can't get the files to transfer over to the device. Each time I try to do this a different number of mp3's make it onto the device before the error occurs. Once it was 81 of them, most recently 232, etc. I do not think these files are corrupt, since they play perfectly well on my computer and these same files were on my phone until recently, when I cleared out my mp3's to make room for some videos that I've since deleted.
    10-04-09 02:00 PM
    Try saving all the information on the card to your PC temporarily and reformat the card in the phone.
    10-04-09 02:07 PM
    After ignoring the error windows (one every 5 or 6 seconds for several minutes) the transfer process just completed for the first time but only 432 out of 735 files made it to the destination. Going to try to format the card now.
    10-04-09 02:11 PM
    Well, that didn't help too much. I reformatted the card and now I get this error when I try to put the files back on it that were there in the first place.
    10-04-09 02:20 PM
    Well, that didn't help too much. I reformatted the card and now I get this error when I try to put the files back on it that were there in the first place.
    Sorry to hear that. If I come up with something else I will post it.
    10-04-09 02:23 PM
    It's a bug in the OS when trying to copy large files into subfolders on the memory card. It existed in .191 also. I have read that a workaround is to copy them into the root directory of the card, and then use the Files app in .230 to move them to the proper directory. It has nothing to do with the memory card, it actually appears to be something amiss with the way the .191 and .230 OSes handle the directory structure of the card.
    10-04-09 07:19 PM
    Do you have a card adapter? If so, just connect your card to your SD slot and transfer them there.
    10-04-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD