Windows 7 USB issue ( RESOLVED ) bmerdinian found the fix and asked me to post for others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After struggleing with the VISTA and Windows 7, not sleeping nights to figure why Vista and 7 were the only ones that were brikcing my phones. finally this battle came to an end. Read below for the FIX!!!! I was bricking every phone that tried to update the OS wiht Windows 7 and Vista. DM now runs way better than ever!!!!!!!

and you are WELCOME.

Method 1

*For Microsoft Windows Vista (and windows 7)
    Click Start, and type device manager in the Start Search box.
    Click Device Manager in the Programs list.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
    In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab.
    Remove the check from the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box
    .Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each USB Root Hub listed in the Device Manager.

Under Power settings, check the 'USB settings' -> 'USB selective suspend settings' and make sure it is disabled.

Check Thumbnail, highlited: Open Deivce manager, Double click on Universal Serial Bus controler at teh bottom, Double Click USB Root Hub, Click Power Management on top right, Uncheck Allow Power...

Method 2

*You can disable the USB Selective Suspend feature as a workaround by editing the registry. The USB device may become unresponsive because of a race condition in the Selective Suspend feature. The Selective Suspend feature suspends the USB device to efficiently maintain battery power by enabling the computer to turn off the USB device. However, sometimes this feature may not correctly wake up the USB device. Therefore, the USB device is unresponsive when you try to use it.
    You might want to disable this feature for server products where power management is not important or required.
    *To disable the Selective Suspend feature, follow these steps:
    Click Start, and then click Run.
    Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    Type regedit, and then click OK. Registry Editor opens.
    Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\USB
    If the DisableSelectiveSuspend registry entry is present, double-click it. If it is not present, create the entry. To create the entry, follow these steps:
    On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD.
    Type DisableSelectiveSuspend, and then press ENTER.
    On the Edit menu, click Modify.
    In the Value data field, type 1 to disable the Selective Suspend feature, and then click OK.
    Attached Thumbnails

Attachment 19757 Attachment 19758

Last edited by cruznthru; 03-31-09 at 11:54 PM.
    03-31-09 08:41 PM
    Big thankyou, totally sorted my problem out,

many thanks
    07-18-11 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD