Looks like November 3rd is the day but only online, by phone or by store order via fedex. Will you wait to buy in store?
    10-16-08 08:46 PM
    I will definitely be picking this up either online or by phone. I've waited long enough
    10-16-08 08:48 PM
    Actually, I'm going to wait a little while, three or four weeks to see how everyone drools over theirs, and I'm hoping I'll win one from the give-away...so... ;-)
    10-16-08 08:50 PM
    I'll get it via telesales, the guys at my two local stores are not very friendly and don't feel like waiting in line like I did for the iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 08:54 PM
    Yeah, I'll get it on-line, did it when the Moto Razr was was released on VZW and it showed up the next morning.
    10-16-08 09:13 PM
    online sounds good to me because that's how i usually go, but do you think a phone rep could work some of their magic and push the price down a bit? from my experience, phone reps usually have access to better deals and discounts that you can't get online.

i'm having my doubts though if phone reps will be able to give any discounts, because demand for the storm will be so high that they could just sell it to the next customer at regular price. any thoughts?
    10-16-08 09:17 PM
    I would buy it but I bet sprint is not gonna have it out for sale till the year 2020
    10-16-08 09:33 PM
    unless there is a big price difference, I will be picking mine up at my local store. I have become friendly with one of the mangers who has the same smartphone addiction (got my curve 3 days before the official release) and I made the VIP book along with a couple other addicts..We talk outside the store....

Nov 9th was the date I was given by my companies verizon business account rep....we have 25 plus blackberry's in use...
    10-16-08 09:39 PM
    I don't think there's any real danger in ordering over the phone or online before actually testing one out. What are the chances of walking into a VZW store and having quick access to a display model anyways (all of the crack addicts in this forum will certainly be in line to play with it in front of me)? Iphones are never available at my local ATT stores, and the lg dares are usually in use at the vzw stores so to me there's no point. If you don't like it for some reason or find that you really need a "real" keyboard, you can just exchange it. If you're going back to your old phone in the event you don't like it, there's always ebay.

I would def want to get in early with a phone/online order since it would be going through my work. I don't have to worry about price that way either.

10-16-08 10:23 PM
    Will be ordering by phone; that way I will make sure I get all the discounts possible. Also I am on the waiting list at the local corporate store.
    S1
    10-16-08 10:27 PM
    You mean wait even longer for it to arrive at stores? Not a prayer!

If they say it releases on the 3rd, does that mean midnight, or first thing in the morning?

10-16-08 10:28 PM
    Just talked to my friend tonight who is assistant manager at my local vzw store and he told me that they have been told to start calling cutomers about the storm the week before november and during the first week of november.
    10-16-08 10:55 PM
    I will order it thru telesales using my corporate discount when it's available online. I have the direct extentions to two telesales reps and they said to call them when it comes out and they will fedex it to me.

10-16-08 11:25 PM
    i def want to play with the touchscreen to see if i like it before purchasing, so the answer to your question for me, is no.
    10-16-08 11:31 PM
    i def want to play with the touchscreen to see if i like it before purchasing, so the answer to your question for me, is no.
    Same here....and I'm going to get a new line and play with the storm before transferring my number over to Verizon from Sprint.
    10-16-08 11:35 PM
    I'm ready to ditch windows mobile so i'm going in head first
    10-16-08 11:53 PM
    I am going to place a phone order as soon as it is available. I can always take it back if it is bad, but I know it will be great.
    10-16-08 11:54 PM
    I'll be waiting for the GSM variant on AT&T.
    10-17-08 12:34 AM
    won't you be waiting for awhile since it's supposed to be exclusive to verizon first
    10-17-08 01:06 AM
    FWIW, I heard from my VZW rep that it's a simultaneous launch web/store/phone on the 9th.
    10-17-08 07:20 AM
    Telesales....internet....store....i don't care...just tell me the quickest way to get my hands on one!
    10-17-08 08:05 AM
    I am in for the online order as soon as it is available. If it turns out I don't like it, I will take it back and get a curve.
    10-17-08 08:05 AM
    I am in for the online order as soon as it is available. If it turns out I don't like it, I will take it back and get a curve.
    i'm with this man, but seeing how this is my first blackberry I'm pretty much going to force myself to like it.
    10-17-08 08:09 AM
    I plan on buying this online if that means I can get it sooner - :P
    10-17-08 09:59 AM
    You keep saying this, but when will it happen?
    10-17-08 10:00 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD